Thread: Does anyone play this?

Does anyone play this?

Does anyone play Neopets? I've played it before when I was younger but barely ever play it now, does anyone play it though?

Wow. I haven't played Neopets since before Donna and Adam sold it to Viacom. I was playing way back when they started before all the map changes and items changes, way back when the art was, how shall we say,... not the greatest. I was thinking about playing it again but I don't know. I don't like how they have the forums set up or anything.

They sold it? Why?

I went on that site like what 2 years ago but everyone else found it amazing but for me meh sitting in my backyard on the roof looking at birds was way more fun.

I used to. When I started it was a lot more user friendly. You didn't have to play for hours and pit people against each other for "rare" items. Now you've got a few item "rich" people who hoard things and players can't get anything fun. I think the makers forget that this is a GAME and is supposed to be fun. They really made it so its an unfriendly competition to get more things.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I do every once in a while....... I'm Paws_n_hoofs

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomer
    They sold it? Why?
    I can't quite remember. A friend informed me so I will probably have to go searching through my livejournal entries.

A wild guess, opportunity and money?

Quote Originally Posted by IRescue452
    I used to. When I started it was a lot more user friendly. You didn't have to play for hours and pit people against each other for "rare" items. Now you've got a few item "rich" people who hoard things and players can't get anything fun. I think the makers forget that this is a GAME and is supposed to be fun. They really made it so its an unfriendly competition to get more things.
    I agree.