Thread: Amy cat protests

Amy cat protests

Amy is the most possessive cat I have seen, and much less "owned". Whenever any of my furkids lays on her pillow, next to the keyboard, she come up very slowly and then lets out a typical feline scrowel, and then it that isn't enough, she begins to bat the offending cat with her front paw! Today it was Fawn's turn. But he just turned his head and looked at her and then went back to sleep! As if to say "too bad girlie, you will just have to wait until I'm done here"! Now, Amy is sleeping next to him. Thanks for small miracles.

......wayne

Amy finally sees the light!

Wayne, I think Amy may end up being little miss sweety if the other cats ignore her demands. She does sound endearing though. Keep us informed! What a great little story.

Tatty is a bit like that. The cats both have a box each with is on top of the fridge and cupboard. But the one on the fridge seems to be both cats favorite. If Max is in there then Tatty will go up and cause some fuss so he can get the box to himself. Because Max is much more sensible he gives and and leaves the box quickly (Tatty is also bigger than him).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Way to go Fawn!! Good on you! Perhaps Miss Amy will think twice before trying to push you around again

Lynne

cats are so entertaining!

Perma is very possessive as well. Not of particular spots (except from my bed and my sock-drawer which I let her sit in only when I'm getting ready to go to work in the morning ) but of me. When I adopted Foxy she terrorized him and would not let him near me. Funny thing is that she has fully accepted him now (I suppose because at 10 months he is sooo much bigger than her already ). She is still the boss but now they love to play together and he is allowed to spend time with us, only the sock-drawer is still a no no (from both of us really, Prema considers it hers, I prefer the sox to remain in the drawer). She just ignores Maya but doesn't dare to bother her since Maya was there first (and is also bigger than her )

Amy nearly did the same thing with Ophelia this morning. After an initial minimal encounter, Amy laid down next to Ophie. Also, that she doesn't scrowel at Tiger any longer. So, maybe she is being more accepting among the cat-crowd, as I certainly hope so.

.............wayne