Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog rant regarding my ex.

Dog rant regarding my ex.

I really need to talk to people like me right now. (My ex and I work together so I see him a lot) Anyway, we just watched the new Penn and Teller episode about animal lovers at work. My ex and I started talking about things and he said I spent too much money on Jimmy to get him well. I spent $2,000 not counting all his prescription food. He said if it was him he would have put him down. I'm so mad! He said that he would have done some of it, but if it kept going he said he would have put him down. UNBELIEVABLE!
    To top it off he spends several times that amount on stupid things, dj equipment, trampolines for the land and water, etc.

I just needed to rant. I am a pet lover. I treat my pets like family, but I'm not overboard. I do what needs to be done. $2,000 isn't anywhere near the amount Jimmy is worth. He is priceless and I'd do everything I could for him and my other pups. My ex makes me feel crazy for doing what I do!
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Just ignore him. I bet he's trying to get a rise out of you! Or maybe he just doesn't get it--some people don't and never will. It's their loss. I've had several people tell me I should have put Pete(one of my cats) down and just got another orange tabby. Stuart calls Pete the world's most expensive free kitten, but he's worth every dime! So is Jimmy!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I know, what you mean. Sylvia is purebred and we got her as a puppy (never again though, I'm all about rescuing and shelters now) and she was no where near as much as "free" Jimmy was!

My ex isn't a horrible person(he better not be or I wasted 10 years of my life on him ) and that's why it upsets me to hear him talk that way. You're right he just doesn't get it.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Don't let it bother you, sounds to me like he is just doing it on purpose to make you upset! I'm sure if he were as attached to an animal as you are to your pup, he would do the exact same thing. Some people just don't understand, at all.

facebook

i'm glad he's your ex! he's probably just trying to piss you off. spending that money means you care a lot about Jimmy and there is NOTHING wrong with that. people make fun of me for how much i'm getting ready to pay for my dane puppy. they say i'm stupid and i could just get a dog for free off the street. i say i take PLENTY of dogs off the street. i also just donated a 7x13 kennel to the humane society. it's ok for me to spend a large amount of money on a dog.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

Maybe your ex is a little jealous of your Jimmy.
    Jimmy is precious and worth whatever it may cost to keep him healthy. You and all of us know that in our hearts. To heck w/ your ex's misguided opinion!!!
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

your money is your business, ignore him. alex the wonder dog has seizures and over the last 9 years, i'm totally unwilling to add up how much i've spent on his care. many people have told me to put him down, blah, blah. i smile and say...my money, my business.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Quote Originally Posted by zoey
    Maybe your ex is a little jealous of your Jimmy.
    Jimmy is precious and worth whatever it may cost to keep him healthy. You and all of us know that in our hearts. To heck w/ your ex's misguided opinion!!!

That's what I thought, he's jealous probably wouldn't have objected
    to you spending the money on him.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I'm sorry he siad that. I hate talking to people who don't understand this. It's annoys me that people don't care for animals and I can't help but get upset.

I hate when people are like this.

A got in an argument with a friend of mine the other day. He failed to understand why I spend so much money on my dogs - shampoo/conditioner, collars, their $50 food, etc. Yet he is in dept to different people.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Well you know all of us understand, like Glacier said some people don't get it and they never will.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I know why he is your ex. he wont even let u spend money on your dog that needs it without doing it in peace

Suddenly becomes very clear why he is your ex!!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

your ex was out of line
    some people don't understand animal people we are the best kind of people
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

When you say EX - do you mean as in husband?

I guess I can see both sides of this debate. It is very sad when a pet you loves becomes very expensive to maintain and keep healthy. But if you can afford it - it's your money and your business. It is also sad when people find themselves in your same condition and really cannot afford it, but try to anyway - depriving themselves and sometimes their families of basic neccessities.

I guess in these situations it is best to try and see if an adoption can be arranged or if a family member/friend might be able to help. When all else fails and bills continue to mount, only then do i think you need to consider the alternative. But thankfully, it doesn't sound like you are in that situation.

Wow... it must be strange to have to work with your ex.