Thread: Midnight bowling & why its a bad idea

Midnight bowling & why its a bad idea

Rose & Francois took me out bowling sat night. Rose is my landlady & Francois is her handyman/boyfriend.

First off, trying to hold onto a 10 pound bowling ball at midnight isn't easy. Then trying to get it to hit the pins is even harder

Its far worse when Francois can kick the ball several times down the lane & strike!!

We played 2 games, I got 90 something & thought that was a crapy score, as I usually get 160-180 with the large balls (I get 120 with the small balls, but we weren't playing that game). Then on my second game I got a 40!!! OMG I made gutter balls (I never do that!) & then kept hitting the same 1 pin!

But it was a free outing with new friends & we had fun making fun of my horrid score hehe.

LOL sounds like you had fun anyway! I haven't gone midnight bowling in years, but I used to enjoy it. I'm usually happy to break 100, no matter what time of day or night

I am the worst - absolute worst - bowler in my entire extended family. Okay, maybe Axel would be worse at the moment, but he's not even 16 months old yet. There are family members who are in leagues, we have bowling birthday parties - and I am awful. All speed, no control.

Question - in Ontario, do you bowl candlepin or duckpin? I hear much of the U.S. cheats and bowls duckpin, with those huge bowling balls and nice fat pins, but in Massachusetts, the only "real" bowling is candlepin!

ha ha ha ha!! I love bowling, I joined a league this year and was so happy to get back into it!! It has been about 15 years for me!! The problem I am having is that my son who is 6 gets higher scores than i do!!!! how sad is that!! he has been on a sat. morning league for about 6 months!! he is already into the 100's so my friend michelle has to constantly remind me what i have to get to beat him!! sometimes i do and sometimes i dont!! he he he he!!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Midnight bowling & why its a bad idea

Boy howdy I havnt been bowling in a long time & I cant even stay awake till midnight & guess I must pillow bowl ..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Question - in Ontario, do you bowl candlepin or duckpin? I hear much of the U.S. cheats and bowls duckpin, with those huge bowling balls and nice fat pins, but in Massachusetts, the only "real" bowling is candlepin!
    I have no idea. All I know is that with a Large ball there are 10 round pins & with the small ball there are 6 round pins. The big balls have holes for your fingers & the small balls fit in your hand (I like these better).

Just googled it. Its not a candle pin thats for sure. Never have seen those before. Those look easier to knock down. our pins are pretty good at spinning & wobbling & NOT FALLING OVER hehe stupid pins.

I HATE all bowling..

I enjoy bowling. I've been on a Lutheran church league for 21 years now. I have a 138 average and lest nightn I bowled TWO 138s and a 170! Not bad for an old guy!
    Last edited by davidpizzica; 04-10-2006 at 01:54 PM. Reason: can't spell!

Quote Originally Posted by david p
    I enjoy bowling. I've been on a Lutheran church league for 21 years now. I have a 138 average and lest nightn I bowled TWO 138s and a 170! Not bad for an old guy!
    Good job

I need to loose a little weight & get back into running & walking the dog for 2-4hours again. I was soooo good when I was in decent shape, but now I have flabby ass syndrome, so I'm not very good anymore

I really enjoy bowling, although I'm awful on it...
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Cholaine
    Its the fun part that counts

Yep, I agree with Anita
    Originally Posted by Anita Cholaine
    I like it but not that very good.

Quote Originally Posted by king2005
    I have no idea. All I know is that with a Large ball there are 10 round pins & with the small ball there are 6 round pins. The big balls have holes for your fingers & the small balls fit in your hand (I like these better).

Just googled it. Its not a candle pin thats for sure. Never have seen those before. Those look easier to knock down. our pins are pretty good at spinning & wobbling & NOT FALLING OVER hehe stupid pins.
    If it's not candlepin, must be duckpin! Those candlepins MAY look easy to knock down, but they're good at wobbling and not falling down, spinning and not falling, or just sliding over a bit and not falling down. At least when I bowl.

How bad am I? I'm lucky if I break 40. But I DO have fun, which is what really counts!