Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apparently I didn't have enough to worry about...

Apparently I didn't have enough to worry about...

Apparently, I don't have enough to worry about with Delta being gone. Now Raven is hurt. I have no idea how she did it, but she's injured her left hip. I afraid it may be something chronic. She hasn't done well in harness lately. About 10 days ago, I let her run loose and she barely kept up with the team. Raven is a running maniac and would normally be well ahead of us. Now she can't jump up on her doghouse. When she tries she barely gets her front paws up and she screams in pain. When she sits, she tucks her left side under instead of sitting straight back. She is weightbearing on all her legs and eating ect. She's not playing with Deuce though.

If she were a normal dog, you'd never know anything was wrong. But Raven is not normal. She's a energetic, goofy, hyperactive, squealing ball of fur. She's not even making her happy sound--which sounds much like an injured hog! I often tell her that I'm looking forward to the day she slows down a bit, but I don't want it to happen because she's in pain!

The vet can't see her today. He would if it was an emergency, but since she is weighbearing and eating, it's not urgent. She's going in tomorrow morning. Today she's supposed to stay quiet and I'll give her some Metacam.

Argh, there's always something....
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Aw, dang. Poor pretty Raven. Yeah, it's a good thing you know your dogs the way you do. I hope she's able to get into the vet's soon and that you find out it's nothing major. I'm sorry, I know what it's like...when it rains, it pours. Keep us posted, I know you will...
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I hear you, if it's not one thing it's another. Perhaps this is the distraction you need that will bring Delta home. I pray that Raven is ok. I pray also that you have the strength to keep on going.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

On no Tamara, this is not what you needed. Prayers for Raven and Delta.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Poor Glacier,

I hope it is nothing with Raven. Good luck at the vets.

OH BOY! i am SO sorry, when my dog died i thought nothing could get worse....but it did....my guinea pig died a week later! There is alwasy somthing! I will keep praying for you.....I'll pray as soon as i am done with this post!

{{{{HUGS}}}}

~amanda

Welcome to the Family Pete!! (Thanks for the siggys bri!)Pete's Dogster Scamp's Dogster

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I don't even know what to say.
    Raven is so lucky that her mommy noticed though, hopefully it's something you all can get fixed up soon.

{{HUGS}} to you and to Raven....

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Glacier a big HUG to you and Raven
    I've been boo'dMerlin my angel

Many many hugs to you, we know you´ve been through a lot lately and we are here for you even we can´t be really tehre to help you out, we keep you in our thoughts every single day.............Raven be a good girl and stay calmed so mommy can get you to the vet tomorrow without being so stressed, and Delta please come closer so mommy can get you back to home........
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

When it rains it pours Dear Tamara! I hope Raven will be okay and you get some much needed relief soon. I'll be praying for you, Stuart, Raven, and of course for Delta to return soon.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

(((((((hugs)))))) to you & Raven. Prayeres that whatever is going on is minor and "fixable".
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier
    She's not even making her happy sound--which sounds much like an injured hog!
    Oh, is THAT what that sound is? Sherman makes it when I take the food bowl in to fill it up, I've come running back out many times because it sounds like Star must be killing him! (She's usually several feet away!)

(((HUGS))) I am so sorry this is happening to you!!! you will be in my Prayers.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

This is just what you neeeded...I'm really sorry Prayers and big (((hugs))) for you and Raven...
    Lola, the mutt, 2 years old

Anita, the dachshund, 7 years old

You poor thing, Tamara! More prayers being sent from Chicago to you, Stuart, Delta and Raven.

My heart goes out to you, really!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ladies, we need to stop comparing men to dogs. Dogs are loyal!" Wanda Sykes

Ah Glacier, I am so sorry. Big hugs to you, Stuart, Delta, Raven and the rest of your crew up there. I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with Raven, but what a lucky girl she is to have such an attentive Mom to have caught it so quickly. More prayers and good thoughts going out.