Thread: A cat dilemma....

A cat dilemma....

Alot of you will know my story,how i ended up helping out kitties owned by an irresponsible owner, having them spayed and kittens rescued during the summertime last year, and how I ended up with her three cats, as she just abandoned them, I was happy to have the girls as they had been here for over five months in my care, and I loved them,but i did not bargain for ending up with the Boy kitty,although Toby as we have called him is a lovely looking boy, he is very timid and sadly he challenges my elderly cat and gets in bad fights with him.

He is going in on Wednesday to be neutered,but I still think there will be problems, he cannot come inside either, but we have a sheltered area on our verandah for him with cat beds and blankets,although not ideal it is far better than he had before, and he is fed regularly, de-wormed and de-flea-ed and given cuddles when he allows it.

I really have to try and find a home for him, it is just too tough financially and it is not working out with Ash who has to take priority, it simply is not fair on him, but i rang the shelters today, no luck there, and they don't hold out much hope for my chances of re-homing him because he is timid for one and of course kitten season will be here soon, the cat shelter really almost suggested i have him PTS, I cannot bear the thought of being the one responsible for doing that to a young animal who appears healthy although he does have a few health issues right now, mainly his eyes and sneezing problem which he seems to have passed onto the girls, Ella is recovering, but now Nikki is sick, I am hoping because my two have been vaccinated they will not get sick too,(I had planned to get the girls vaccinated, but finances just would not allow right now, but i still will do it as soon as i am able) I feel immensley stressed about the whole situation to be perfectly frank.

I am going to ring the SPCA in a smaller town which is a no kill one, and see if i can get on the waiting list, i will advertise him, and even look at transporting him to another town if a shelter will take Toby, I cannot have him PTS.

So folks i guess my good deed has come back and smacked me in the face, but still i don't regret it because I had to intervene simple as that, just need somewhere to get it all off my chest, thanks for listening, any advice is always appreciated.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I know just how you feel, as there is a neglected girl Doris, taht I am going to take in, despite the fact that there are 14 Cats already here.
    You would feel a lot worse if you didnt help and that Poor Cat was dirty and hungry.
    You are so kind to help him out, and we pray that theres a Furr Ever Home in his future.
    May the Lord bless you for your kindness.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

PLease do not think that your " good deed " was not worth it!!! What you did was super!!! Maybe if you offer the shelter a donation of food, litter,paper towels, bleach or money, that might help getting Toby in there!!! You have a good responsible heart and that is what is important!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I think Toby could be quite comforable in the outdoor sheltered spot.
    You are not abandoning him & It's the next best thing. You've already
    done so much for all these kitties.Congrats to you.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Toby is doing just fine in the outdoor shelter, i make sure of that, if he is there which is not often as he is a roaming, fighting Tom right now, but not for long, I tuck him in his bed with about six blankets, he is so cute he just looks up at me and lets me tuck him in, sadly the shelters cannot take him no matter what i offered, they were kind enough to give me a free neutering,and i have had a lot of dealings with them through the other cats and my Melissa doing volunteer work for them,so they have been extra helpful to me,anyhow for now he is staying, it is mainly the fighting with Ash and every other Tom that is the problem, mainly Ash and I know this will not change regardless of him being fixed,they nearly had another confrontation today, that I stopped , not to mention Toby came back all ruffled this morning obviously from another fight, I also just cannot afford it financially, we were struggling with the two we had already at times,(of course I have his mother and sister as well to take care of now) and if Toby keeps fighting i will have vet bills eventually for certain.,possibly him and Ash.

My options are to advertise him three weeks after his neutering, i am told it will take that long before he no longer is smelly and believe me he is that, secondly to ring the SPCA in a smaller town which is no kill and get on the waiting list, thirdly to contact other shelters in other towns or ones that deal with ferals, although he certainly is not that, he is harder to re-home because he is timid, so wish me luck.

Please just pray and hope something good happens and i can find an alternative good home for this boy, he deserves it,i am not sure just how good a pet he will make, as he can be a bit growly at times, but he does love his tummy rubbed,and is getting a bit more smoochy now, I have never managed to get him to purr yet, which is quite sad to me,is that normal, a cat that does not purr?

Thanks for listening.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I'm sorry Carole. I'll be praying that you are able to find a good alternative for Toby.

From Decker with Love