Thread: Things Iams Don't Want You To See

Things Iams Don't Want You To See

I know that there are a few folks on PT that spring to the
    defence of these conditions and want to excuse Iams and
    attack the messenger. In this case PETA. Weather you agree
    with PETA'S sometimes brash approach to presenting matters
    of animal abuse or not, at least to open to the facts of life for
    thousands of dogs & cats just like our our pets at home, but
    doomed to a bitter life of pain,lonliness, and daily terror.

Listen to their cries, look into their eyes & see the way they are treated by this company. This is wrong, it's evil and it's totally not
    needed to make a reliable brand of dog food. I'm not totally for every PETA proposal, but I can certainly back this continuing campaign against Iams & the horrible condition of these animals.

The first link does contain thumbnail photos & text & does not
    lead directly to the videos. Please have the strenth to look,read
    and make up your own mind. Is this cruelty?

http://www.iamsodead.com/iams-video.html

http://www.iamsodead.com/
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I agree with you on this one. This is why I tell people not to buy Iams/Eukenuba products. In Iams defense, people will say that they stopped testing years ago. But they lied. Undercover agents have found only minimal changes to the abuse they've carried out.
    I've been BOO'd!

Despite assurances in the Iams research policy that no animal would ever be killed, our investigator documented the destruction of 27 out of 60 dogs who underwent an invasive procedure that involved having huge chunks of muscle cut out of their legs. Two more of those dogs were found dead in their cages after the surgery; one had been suffering for 11 days prior to her death. When our investigator reported that Humbug, an Iams dog, was limping, she was told by a vet tech that the laboratory had an x-ray machine that dated back to the 1960s but no film for it and that the director of the laboratory preferred to kill, rather than treat, animals with broken bones. In addition, Fifi and the other dogs used in Iams’ metabolic studies were bled by the laboratory in order to sell their blood to other companies even though the studies do not call for blood draws.
    Iams dogs dumped on cold concrete flooring after having huge chunks of muscle cut out of their thighs
    dogs and cats gone stir-crazy from confinement; dogs and cats in windowless, dungeon-like buildings
    a coworker who instructed her to hit the dogs on the chest if they quit breathing; another coworker who talked about an Iams dog found dead in his cage, bleeding from his mouth
    a dog who limped in pain from Lyme disease
    cruel studies done by Iams involving sticking tubes down dogs’ throats to force them to ingest vegetable oil
    Iams dogs with such severe tartar buildup on their teeth that it was painful for them to eat
    vet technicians with inadequate training and experience performing invasive procedures
    coworkers who talked about a live kitten who was washed down a drain
    coworkers who talked about how they had to go home because the ammonia fumes in the animal trailers were so overpowering that it made their eyes burn (try being one of the animals in those cages!)
    cats kept in a cinderblock room with crude wooden “resting” boards that had nails sticking out of them; one of the boards fell on a cat, crushing her to death, while our investigator was there yet the lab director did not remove the boards when the cat was crushed—he removed them when he was told that the lab was going to be inspected because he knew they were illegal
    I've been BOO'd!

I looked at the sites, I cannot believe I have bought these products for my pets. I didn't know they even tested dogs and cats. I think I am going to be sick.
    Everytime I see a sack of their foods, I will remember those pictures.
    So what kind of food, is good, you know where they don't murder other animals just to make it better.
    I want to feed my pets good food, but not at the expense of killing defenseless animals. I am so shocked!!! I feel guilty for ever believing that I was doing right for my dogs, now we know why their food is so expensive, don't we?
    Please suggest something that doesn't harm other animals.
    Thanks.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

This is one list of dog/cat food companies that don't harm
    animals by useless & cruel "research". I'm sure others could be
    found by searching for sites on "cruelty-free products for people
    and for animals. Thanks for speaking up & for caring.

http://www.iamscruelty.com/res.html
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally posted by lizbud
    This is one list of dog/cat food companies that don't harm
    animals by useless & cruel "research".
    I've only heard of four of the foods on that list! lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

While I am ALWAYS extremely careful about what PETA says, I have read many accounts of the horrors of the IAMS company (maker of Eukanuba also). I absolutely, positively, will NEVER buy another IAMS product again.

Also, just FYI, IAMS is now owned by our good buddy Proctor and Gamble (which I also avoid like the plague).

Did you guys know that there are no "brand name" dog foods out there anymore that are not owned by a soap company? As far as I know Exclusive is one of the only ones left that is not.

I would buy Exclusive just for that reason, even if it weren't the best for the money out there. I like Purina Mills (PMI), NOT Purina Ralston (the checkerboard) because they research in depth the food that they make and understand that garbage in results in garbage out. Because they make food for large animals, they look at what is going to produce the best product and then put that in their feed. Oh and PMI will send me coupons for buy one get one free too if I call and ask for them and that comes in REALLY handy when the paycheck is kind of short. Also they offer buy 6 bags get the 7th bag free and Ernie and I (owner of the feed store where I get it) figured it out and it averages $20.50 per bag (35 pounds) and the main ingredient in the stuff is human grade chicken, with no wheat or corn, has rice, Omega 3s and 6s and is preserved naturally with Vitamin E...no BHA or BHT.

Ok...I'm off my soap box. IAMS is definitely nasty nasty stuff. Any company that would mutilate an animal's kidney's to see how long it will survive on their food should be run out of town on a rail.

Thanks for the info Liz!

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Are you sure ALL of the dog foods are owned by soap companies? I'm not sure why, but I have a feeling Go! Natural isn't?
    I've been BOO'd!

Liz, I couldn't watch the video as the web pages had more than enough info to make me sick. Thanks for letting us know that the unnecessary suffering still takes place.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I have heard of the Solid Gold brand. I tried the link & found
    two stores within 5 miles of me & 8 of them within 10 miles.

Miss Meow, Yes, I know. How much product do you think they'd sell with pictures of these poor dogs & cats on the package, instead of the wholesome images protrayed now?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

arrgggg it makes me so mad to see that site, i mean not that its neccercary to do that to a dog but how hard is it to but down a soft bed, i mean desent cages and bedding is not hard to get, at least that would be a start!
    why must man do this to a dog to "perfect" a brand of food that IMO dogs arnt that fond of (Rio eats anything but NOT or Eukanuba), whats wrong with the BARF diet or good kibble (good is better than perfect if it hasnt been tested on animals) that HASNT been tested on animals!
    its just SICK that man is allowed to do this to a living creature!
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Originally posted by Rio and Me
    arrgggg it makes me so mad to see that site, i mean not that its neccercary to do that to a dog but how hard is it to but down a soft bed, i mean desent cages and bedding is not hard to get, at least that would be a start!
    I don't think they need to test at all. With or without bedding.
    I've been BOO'd!

That's why I feed my cats Science Diet. Please don't tell me they're as bad as Eukenuba.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Not as bad as far as I know Donna, but the main source of protein is groung peanut shells. I'm not sure there are any "premium" brands could be as bad as IAMS.

Here's a link to a page that talks about what is in dog food and who owns some of the major brands of dog food....Donna, Science Diet is owned by Colgate/Palmolive

http://www.api4animals.org/doc.asp?ID=79