Page 66 of 150 FirstFirst ... 16565758596061626364656667686970717273747576116 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    I saw Pan's Labyrinth Wednesday night - had a pass to a free preview of it.

It was an excellent movie, very, very sad, but excellent. It is not for children, by any means, as it is very scary, and violent, set in the time after the Spanish revolution, and the Resistance is still active.
    I really want to see this movie. I am going to see Notes on a Scandal Wednesday night, and that film is also playing at the same theater. I'm glad you gave it a good review, I respect your opinions.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Last night we saw Rocky Balboa. We are diehard Rocky fans and have watched them all many times. This one was really entertaining. It was sappy and predictable, but we loved it

Viewing soon: Pursuit of Happyness and Dreamgirls...

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    Viewing soon: Pursuit of Happyness
    VERY good movie!! It's absolutely excellent!

I recently saw Pan Labyrinth and Dream Girls. I loved Pan Labyrinth!! It definitely isn't a movie for kids.. I buried my face into my boyfriend's arm for a few scenes.

Dream girls was alright.. I really enjoyed the music. I went out and bought the soundtrack right after. A little cheesy for my liking, but wasn't terrible.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Well since it is school holidays we have been hiring out some movies, ones that have been around for a while but i never got to see.

In her shoes- loved this movie, cameron is her usual cute self strutting around in her knickers, but hey if i looked like her why not, love that girl, and Toni Collette is great as usual, so not hollywood that girl,good aussie girl, and great actress in my opinion.

Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants- again another lovely movie, certainly a chick flick, but i enjoyed it very much.

The perfect Man- another cutesy movie, enjoyable and Hillary her usual cute self in this movie.

Closer- this movie is just awful, don't rent it, i thought i was in for a love story, boy i need to get new reading glasses again, not really, but i missed what this was really about, very sexually explicit language wise,and i thought in bad taste, no prude, but i hated this movie really.It started off looking good to me and it had awards,but i was hugely disappointed.

Edward scissorhands- i know this is an oldie and i have never seen it before, my melissa made me sit down and watch it and i must say i loved it, so sweet and JD you are tops again in any movie you are in.

Match Point- my friend told me about this movie ages ago and how it ended, so hired it out, was quite good, reasonably enjoyable i thought.

Spanglish- not too bad, not my fav movie with Adam Sandler in it, but was a nice movie all the same.

Watched as good as it gets on the telly, good movie.

Gonna watch Prime, Hitch and the island this week sometime.

I watched somethings gotta give on the telly last night, saw it at the movies ages ago and really cannot remember much of it at all, but knew i loved it, however i fell asleep and missed the end , can someone please tell me what happens, i saw the bit where she was dating the young doctor, thanks.

P.S i must recommend THE MATADOR, saw it at the movies a while back and it is finally on DVD here now, so am gonna rent it so hubby can see it, really enjoyed this movie.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I went to see Notes on a Scandal. It wasn't a really fast paced movie, but, I thought it was excellent. It's a touchy, controversial subject, but, I thought it was handled well. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a controversial, thought-provoking, intense subject matter. There's not a lot of blatant humor, but there is a fair bit of dark humor, which I respond to. Anyway, it's a great movie.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I just watched The Covenant yesterday, pretty good!
    I plan ot see Blood and Chocolate on my birthday because I'm assuming it's R and I don't think you can buy a ticket to an R rated movie before you're 17, right?

Niņo & Eliza

Quote Originally Posted by Suki Wingy
    I just watched The Covenant yesterday, pretty good!
    I plan ot see Blood and Chocolate on my birthday because I'm assuming it's R and I don't think you can buy a ticket to an R rated movie before you're 17, right?
    I think if they card you and you are not with an adult, they won't allow you to see the movie. But, with an adult, you can get a ticket. I think NC17 is where no people under 17 can enter, even with a parent.

Watched as good as it gets on the telly, good movie.
    That is one of my many favourite movies.. Helen Hunt, Jack Nicholson & Greg Kinear (Spl?) did a great job .

Movies i have watched recently.....

Best In Show
    My Dog Skip
    My own private Idaho
    Vegas Vacation & the first one where they go to Wally World .
    Snakes on a Plane
    The Howling 2 - lol funny movie
    Texas Chainsaw the original
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I saw Pan's Labyrinth last night. I hated it, but I hate most violent movies and this one was particularly so, in a very disturbing way.

I should have read other people's posts to find out it was so violent! My husband was the one who wanted to go- he liked it, anyway. I still don't know whether the girl's supernatural events were fantasy or not...I'd like to think they were real so the ending isn't so horrible.

Well i really didn't watch a movie but i watched a season show. I watched the whole first season of supernatural again. LOVE that show. the BEST haha.
    [muneca]&[chiquita]

We saw Night at the Museum last week. Several people had told us that it was a great movie and we should see it. It wasn't as great as people had lead us to believe, but it was alright.

I'm currently watching Oklahoma! I haven't watched this movie is so long.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

Recently, I have watched The Descent, The Black Dahlia, Jackass 2, and Halloween...I rented The Texas Chainsaw Masscare: The Beginning, so I will be watching that sometime today.

havent had much time to actually sit down and watch movies lately.. but i saw stomp the yard today..and i watched the jacket and wolf creek a few days ago

We watched Jackass 2 and The Illusionist.

My husband is so thrilled for the Bridge of Terabithia (sp). He was surprised that I wasn't and had to explain to me that it was required reading when he was in school. So, he's going to drag me to that and the newest Hannibal movie.