Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can animals love their owners?

Well I think it depends on the animal. But yes, some can.

Dogs and cats certainly have the capacity to "love" their owners...

As for other critters, well, let's just say that my Iguana may be the closest to being capable of 'love'. Some days she barely tolerates me, others she has been known to snuggle.

My snakes and geckos are just reactionary - I do not think that their cranial cavity is large enough to have the capacity for love. I think they just see me as a food source and appreciate me for that.
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

Yes, they can!!

My heart flutters whenever I just look at my kitties, but when they come to me for love, I know they mean the LOVE we feel too.

Science can say whatever they want...I know in my heart my cats love me and your animals all love you.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I was just talking to my boyfriend about this and he thinks they don't love! I was like, look at Harley how he comes up to you an lays on you and kisses you. That's love! Sylvia follows my dad everywhere. He can't even go into the bathroom without her scratching at the door. I call it the 6 inch rule. Sylvia has to be no more than 6 inches from my dad to feel comfortable. That's love. I can't believe my boyfriend thinks animals can't love!!!
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

IMO your teacher is speaking through a hole in her head, of course they can love their owners, I have never felt so much love as I do from my cat Lexie, we adore each other IMO, whether that sounds silly or not, I believe its true, why then do animals pine when their owners are absent or have passed away, tell me that?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Cats show a lot of love towards their owners. Not only that, I think they know what their owners are feeling. When my parents passed away, my RB kitty Thai could'nt stay away from my lap as if she was trying to give some comfort in her own way. Your teacher is not an animal lover or owner or else he would'nt sway things like that.

Luckily, I don't have to listen to my teacher's ignorance anymore.

Funny thing is though, I saw her and her husband (who also happens to be a teacher, but he's my favorite teacher) at WalMart on the last day of school.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Kay-ann we can only but feel sorry for her, obviously she has never experienced what we have, the unconditional love from our pets.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

No matter what science thinks it knows, it cannot acurately pinpoint and describe what love is - it's undefinable. I love my cats and they love me - it's what I know in my heart and it's all that matters
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

exactly

Originally posted by CatMama78
    No matter what science thinks it knows, it cannot acurately pinpoint and describe what love is - it's undefinable. I love my cats and they love me - it's what I know in my heart and it's all that matters
    This could the definitive answer for the whole thread! CatMema78, i couldn't have said it any better!!

I really believe that animals CAN love their owners!!!

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Whatever was in my little dog's eyes when we had to say goodbye to eachother is more that I could ever ask for from any living being and way more than I deserve. Whether that's love or not, doesn't matter. As long as it's there, there's no need to give it a name.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer