Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ever Get the Shakes??

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    It sounds like a blood sugar problem to me also.

I have a crash every morning after eating Breakfast but mine is the result of
    my Blood pressure dropping very low. I have Baroreflex failure which is failure of the feedback sensors for blood pressure. This is so rare I doubt this being
    a problem for you.

If you have a friend that is diabetic you might get them to check you blood sugar during one of your episodes.
    Thanks, I'm sorry to hear about you have a crash every morning, I don't know if I could image it happening that much.

I actually don't know anyone who has it that's near me. I thought about going up to the doctors yesterday while I was having one but they can't see you unless you make an appt.

Thanks!

You can buy a inexpensive meter at Walmart for $12 to $18 dollars. This may be a good investment that will take away the guess work, since you can check you own sugar levels. This site can give you instructions on how to use your meter. I hope you can get the answers you need. Good luck.

http://www.phlaunt.com/diabetes/14046889.php
    “You live and you learn, but if you never learn, at least you are still living.”
    — Unknown

It reminds me of a lot of things it could be so going to the doctor's is probably your best option. Don't get into guessing games with yourself, a good diagnosis is worth a thousand guesses. Do you have any numbness or weakness with the shaking ?
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by Asiel View Post
    It reminds me of a lot of things it could be so going to the doctor's is probably your best option. Don't get into guessing games with yourself, a good diagnosis is worth a thousand guesses. Do you have any numbness or weakness with the shaking ?
    I feel weak when I get the shakes but no numbness. I will be seeing the dr. tomorrow morning and the more I was reading up on what kokopup send through it reminded me of a drink that the had me do for a test to see if my sugar level was good I think and everything turned out well.

They always thought I had diabetes because I was always thrusty and I'm overweight. So far nothing
    Last edited by Anikaca77; 08-04-2010 at 12:43 PM.

I went to the docs today...they said it seems like my sugar levels must be low at those times and she is ordering a round of blood tests to check everything to make sure everything is working well and she will call me with the results. Of course I'll need to fast for 8 hours yeah me!!

They did give me a free One Touch Ultra 2 with 9 free test strips, we had to try it out today.

So I'm going to keep it with me and if I feel funny I'll take my blood and see. I might try to do what that one website recommended just to see how my levels do change.

Melissa

Hi Melissa,
    I'm relieved to know that you've had a chance to talk to your doctor about this. As for the test strips for the glucometer, you might want to see if the strips are covered by your insurance as they can be pretty expensive. If you don't have insurance or they won't cover the test strips, consider contacting the company to see if they have a program to help with the cost.

Please be assured that you have my full support, prayers and positive thoughts for the tests to go well. If I can be of any help to you, don't hesitate to pm me. I'm always here for you!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Another thing that can cause shakiness is hyperthyroidism; I hope he's checking you out for that as well.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb