Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newborn Kitten

if you're worried about constipation you can always give the little one an enema with a small syringe. 1/2 to 1 cc of warm water is usually enough to get things moving.

Going to bed shortly, and so did kitty, with a nicely deflated stomach. She seems to be feeling much better now, though I think she still needs some more time to properly potty.

But here are pictures of contently sleeping little Miracle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1128.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	384.2 KB 
ID:	42970   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM1129.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	489.3 KB 
ID:	42971  

Quote Originally Posted by kittykittyagogo View Post
    WE HAVE POO POO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry, I'm just so happy and relieved about it. It was so much coming from such a little kitten, but all of y'all's help and advice really came through in the end!

She seems relieved, too! She went potty, drank a little watered down KMR (hadn't been giving her the straight stuff since she became constipated) and fell asleep on her blankie!
    Don't worry about posting about baby poo. We were excited when ours poo poo'd for the first time, too

See (our poo post)
    Pretty Mama has started eating little bits on her own, and the blockage is getting better. The babies are continuing to eat well, too. We even had our first poops last nightmm I had forgotten how sticky and stinky that stuff is Will post new pics later.
    Too many pets? What's that?

It's hard to see in the pictures, but I think this little baby looks like my Paizly (who I affectionately call Poo ).

I am so glad you have saved her and are helping her thrive.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I love her coloring.
    When we got LUCKY he was 1 day old, we did have some help (LB our CH kitty). I set up a very large carrior with a heating pad on low at one end under 2 towels. He just turned 1 at the end of April.
    1. LUCKY at 4 weeks
    2. LUCKY at 5 months
    3. LUCKY and LB
    4. Lucky at 8 months
    He is my boy, and since LB's passing has become more so. He and his patner Mits (7 year old) make sure that I go to bed on time and that I am safe in the bathroom, I get a full escorurt to and from the bathroom and up to bed.
    Thank you for taking in and caring for this little, I hope that she gives you as much pleasure as LUCKY has given me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LUCKY0602.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	138.0 KB 
ID:	42988   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LUCKY092208a.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	189.6 KB 
ID:	42989   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LUCKY-LB_1208a.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	42990   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LUCKY_120908.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	42991  
    GILL & Crew;

Guys, we have a very serious problem.

Miracle has taken to using the restroom without problems, but today when I came home from work, my mom- who had been taking care of her while I was gone- said that she went potty like normal, took to her bottle fine to begin with, but through out the day became lethargic and cried often.

I'm not sure what's wrong with her!

She is very lethargic and does not readily respond to stimulus. She seems to have a slight wheeze or something when she breathes, and cries very weakly. She will not drink from her bottle anymore.

I don't know what to do...

I think the kitten has aspiration pneumonia.

The first day I got her, she was so hungry that I fed her immediately without looking up the proper way to do so, and I think she may have gotten milk into her lungs that has caused the pneumonia. The symptoms seem on par with what I have seen described.

I am not sure if there's much I can do, but my heart is bleeding right now. Please send up your prayers for this little kitten.

can you take her to the vet? I have had a few bottle babies over the years and a couple of them ended up with gurgly breathing, cleared up quickly on antibiotics.

Everytime you feed her, you need to help her pee and poo till she gets older and can use the litterbox. The best litter to use is anything BUT scoopable because cats are very clean. When they do groom themselves they can swallow the litter which will cause a blockage and major problems. I recommend either Feline Pine or Yesterday's News. The best way to help her pee and poo is to take a cotton ball and gently stimulate her "down there" until she pees. She may poo as well. The more she eats, the more she'll start pooping.

Thank you for taking this precious baby in.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Thank you all for your prayers and your support.

At 12:52 today, Miracle the kitten was euthanized with as much love and tears being showered upon her as possible. The vet said that she most likely had a neurological defect, and I could tell towards the end she was having seizures every few minutes, and I could not let her suffer any longer.

Despite being kept in a warm blanket, up against my body with a hot water bottle, her temperature had plummeted to where the vet's thermometer could not even register it, beneath 91 degrees.

I wish I could have done more for her, but I gave her as much love in her very short life as I possibly could.

Awww, at least her time on this earth was filled with love and attention. Bless you for caring. Rest in peace, little one!
    I've Been Frosted

Godspeed to the Bridge, little Miracle.
    Try as she did, your human couldn't fix what was broken when she found you, but you did have love before you left on your journey.
    Sleep softly, play well.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykittyagogo View Post

At 12:52 today, Miracle the Kitten was euthanized with as much love and tears
    being showered upon her as possible.

I wish I could have done more for her,
    but I gave her as much love in her very short life as I possibly could.
    The Gift of Love ... a great way to start her trip to The Rainbow Bridge.

Safe Trip, Little One ~ We're ALL going to miss you.

{{{hugs}}} It is said often, but it IS true - thanks to you, she knew love and comfort all her short life.

Ya done good.

Bounce and play happy and free at the Bridge, wee Miracle.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

You have our sympathy and prayers We recently lost our little Job at a little over a week old. Now, he and Miracle can play at the Bridge together
    Too many pets? What's that?