Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to Rant

I would be PO'd as well!! you are definitely not being selfish!! I wouldnt give my camera to my worthless BIL either!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

You aren't being selfish at all. That was rude of him to go ask your husband after you said no, because he probably had known he'd say yes.

I think two cameras is great, since you may want to take a littler one certain places when you don't want to carry a big one. I actual have 3 digital cameras, my brothers,mine, and my old one which is actually being fixed since it broke but I want it as a spare.

Thanks you guys. Just to clear some things up he did not take the camera. I took it back from him. Also, hubby feels like he owes his brother for helping him when he was going through the deepest part of his depression. It is kinda like a hold he has on him. Hubby didn't think I would be upset because he had just gotten me the D80. My biggest issue with the whole thing was the fact he did not ask me and that BIL went behind my back after I said no. Last I checked I did not have a child that ran between mommy and daddy when one said no to get the other to say yes. I can understand my hubbys feelings about his brother because he probably wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for him but dam it all his brother is 33 years old and can get his own camera and not have the 'guts' to ask for my anniversary gift.

I am much calmer now and I told hubby under no circumstances is his brother getting my camera. Period.

Thanks for all you support.

((((HUGS))))
    Michelle

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Michelle,

Good for you for speaking up. Your BIL knew what he was doing so don't feel bad. And as far as BIL playing on your hubby's emotions, shame on him.

I'm glad you got your camera back. Let him buy his own.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Michelle, I would've been very angry too and I'm so glad that you now have the camera. I gave my old camera to my parents but I wanted to do this since they didn't have a digital camera.

Sorry i didn't get in here before to comment.

Everyone pretty much covered all the bases though.

I'm so happy you got your camera back.

Maybe it is time to sit hubby down and have a nice chat with him about why you got so upset. Maybe you can prevent him from doing anything like this again.

*hugs*

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Quote Originally Posted by crow_noir
    Sorry i didn't get in here before to comment.

Everyone pretty much covered all the bases though.

I'm so happy you got your camera back.

Maybe it is time to sit hubby down and have a nice chat with him about why you got so upset. Maybe you can prevent him from doing anything like this again.

*hugs*

I did that very thing a few hours after when I calmed down slightly. He still doesn't get it. I don't know if it is the cultural difference or what. But he knows better than to do anything like that again. He said even if he doesn't understand it he will ask first. And if I say no then no it will be.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Well at least he is admitting to not completely understanding it, but it was a sleazy thing for your bil to do. I'm glad I lucked out with my in-laws. They wouldn't be that selfish. He might not understand how much the one for your anniversary means to you because it was from him. Plus what if the new one breaks down???? You always need a back up camera and what could be better than having the one hubby gave you on such a special day. I'm sure if he thinks about it this way he'll understand. And as far as feeling that he OWES his brother for being there through the depression I hope that wasn't something his brother put in his mind. Family is suppose to be there through thick and thin.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Maybe you should point out to hubby in words of one syllable why you got so upset....

I don't think you were being selfish at all. Two cameras must mean twice as many piccies to post
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I don't understand what's NOT to understand. IT WAS NOT HIS TO GIVE. period. The fact that it was your evil BIL AND that he tried to do it behind your back only adds insult to injury. Even if you never use it, use it as a paperweight, hang it from the ceiling and use it as a pinata...that's your call. Enjoy your new camera and use it often in front of that nasty BIL to make him green