Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storm's Not Feeling Well-Update 1-23-09

Glad to hear things came back normal on the tests!

Hopefully lowering or changing meds will fix the problem and never bother you guys again.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I am glad to hear the tests were normal. Interesting how the meds affect each cat differently, Rocky has a ravenous appetite on the generic Prozac. He's gotten fat and I've had to reduce his portions which isn't helping. He is lazy but he wants to eat all the time. I hate that I have to drug him but it's better than the peeing alternative. He's also much happier with the other cats.

Please keep us updated on the weaning and how Storm does. I sure hope his appetite comes back quickly. Maybe just a lesser dose is all he needs.

From Decker with Love

Good news about Storm!

I'm glad to hear that Storms' tests came out well. Isn't it funny how different animals (and people) react differently to the same meds? Hopefully once he's off the Prozac, he'll be back to normal. Fingers crossed!

Hugs and prayers!!

Judy
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Is there a different med that you could try? Medusa is a big fan of Clomicalm - it doesn't zone her kitties out.

I also use a "Feliway Collar" - Oscar wears a very stretchy collar, and I shake the bottle of Feliway and put a squirt into it in the morning. Storm might need three squirts a day.

My vet told me the patent has come off Feliway, so it's almost half the price it used to be!

Or - maybe once he is weaned off the Prozac, he will have the habit of being calmer.

Glad he was so good at the vet - what a sucky boy!
    Clomicalm was the first drug that I tried on Storm and it made him so sleepy that this is all he wanted to do all day. Later on it was wearing off and he was both sleepy and grumpy. I also tried spraying his collar with Feliway but it never helped at all.

The best thing that helped him was when he was on the Calm Spirit which is an herbal calming pill. After a while though it seemed to not work as well for him. I still have plenty of these herbal pills so I may start giving them to him again to see if they'll help.

Now I'm giving him his generic prozac every other day for 1 week and then I was told to give it to him every 2 days and then stop unless my vet tells me differently. Also it'll take a good 2 weeks for it to get out of his system so I won't know the true Storm again for a while.

Storm's been eating much better but he still wants to sleep a lot. I'll continue to give the prozac to Starr because he gets easily stressed out and I don't want him pooping outside of the box again. Thanks again for all of your nice responses. Storm sure feels loved here.

Gosh Storm is every Vet's dream kitty, what a brave boy he is, i am happy his bloods etc are normal, always a good sign, i do hope he improves with his appetite and energy levels, are there any alternative medicines suitable for kitties that might work as well as prozac? just curious, all fingers and paws crossed Storm starts to feel his old self again and soon. HUGS.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I just wanted to let you all know that Storm's doing much better already. I'm still giving him the prozac every other day and tonight he was much more alert and very hungry.

I e-mailed my vet asking her if I could possibly just give him the prozac only a few times per week but she said that he should be weaned off of it entirely. She said that giving it to him only a few times a week wouldn't do anything for him and that it might also cause some unwanted side effects. I guess prozac has to be taken every day for it to be effective. He's already taking 1/4 of a 10mg tablet which is very small so I couldn't really split this doseage in half. Hopefully he won't go back to being such a grumpy, jealous, and aggressive cat like he was before.

Storm...

I'm glad to hear that Storm is doing so much better! Bless his heart! I know you must be feeling much better, too. I wish I had a dollar for every moment of worry that I've had about our purr babies over the years!! I'd be a rich woman!

Are you going to replace the Prozac with something else, or just see what happens? Hopefully, you may not need to put him on another med, but time will tell. I hope things continue to go well for your Storm (and you!)

Hugs!

Judy
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

Mahatma Gandhi

Glad to know the Storm is feeling better.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

krazy about kats---
    again it seems we have cats with similar problems! prayers that your cat gets well soon!! I just posted then read your post..

I'm glad to hear Storm is better under his prozac treatment

It's good to hear Storm was feeling better, how is he doing today, good I hope?

glad to hear he is doing better!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH View Post
    It's good to hear Storm was feeling better, how is he doing today, good I hope?
    He's doing very well except now Pearl is being nasty to him. I caught her swatting at him. It looked like she was trying to beat him up. When she was a kitten they were inseperable and loved each other very much. Now she's clingy to me and seems to only tolerate him. She also doesn't like it when he's sleeping on my bed because she seems to think that my bedroom and bathroom is her territory. I hope that no huge fights will break out between these two. Wish me luck.

Oh, dear. Glad to hear he is doing well but the way that Pearl is acting sure must be worrying. Prayers and positive thoughts added for no fights and for her to desist her aggressive behaviour.

I'm so glad Storm is doing better!!

Owned by Booboo, Magic, and Shadow
    RIP my precious Panther, BooBoo, and Shadow. Mommy misses you!
    ------------------