Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How young is too young??

I would say 18.

Honestly, if my son was dating a 21 year old girl when he was sixteen, poopy would have hit the fan, in a big way. I would have NOT been pleased about that. I'm sorry, but sixteen is a child, especially for a boy. Nope, I would not have taken that lightly, as a mom.

A five year age difference makes a HUGE difference when the people are 16 and 21. If they were 36 and 41, it would make absolutely no difference at all.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I've never dated or been "involved" with men younger than me. I've had a hard enough time dealing with the older more "mature" onesBut as they say..whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You can't dictate other peoples choices. Their choices are thiers.
    Claudia

Well it does depend on the two people involved, on the maturity of the young man, some 16 yrs olds are more mature than others, i briefly dated a 17 yr old when i was 20,it was only for a very short time, i soon realised we were too far apart in age,and we did not have that much in common.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I don't think its the physical age that matters -- its the emotional age. My son is 23 and acts like he's 13. Then there's my youngest daughter who is 19, but acts like she's 30.

But, 16 and 21 is a little creepy. It conjures up images of Jerry Springer or Maury TV shows.

When I was 21 I was dating a 17 year old. She broke up with me and married a 31 year old who mentally and physically abused her.

I met a 16 year old male my senior year in HS who was dating a 22 year old female. I didnt think it was odd at the time and I dont find it odd now. She and I drank all of the excess beer on the drive from Valdeze to Anchorage.

In AK the age of consent is 16 with only 1 exception.

As long as the parties are legally able to consent I dont care.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Thanks for your replies. But they broke up this morning. She called me and told me, who knows if they'll get back together...I think he's just too much of a 'kid' for her...I dunno tho...like ya'll said I'm just gonna be happy for her--as long as she's happy about it I'll be happy I guess.
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

Quote Originally Posted by Twisterdog View Post

A five year age difference makes a HUGE difference when the people are 16 and 21. If they were 36 and 41, it would make absolutely no difference at all.

What about 18 and 21? Think that's ok? I like this guy he's 18 and we've been hangin out lately. We work together. Right now he's just a friend who I enjoy bein around and he makes me laugh alot. But you think that's a cool age, ok?
    *Some people come into your life and quickly go, but some leave footprints on your heart and you are never the same*
    *We only fall so we can learn to pick ourselves back up*
    *Life is not measured by the amount of breaths we take but by those that take our breath away*
    *Life is made of millions of moments, but we live only one of these at a time. As we begin to change this moment we begin to change our lives*

As we have stated, it all depends on the two people involved. There are 18-year-olds who are about 12 in maturity, and those who are 35 at heart! Same for 21-year-olds. It's no one's business but your own, frankly!
    I've Been Frosted