Thread: movies you watched today

The Incredible Journey of Sarah Bryant starring Romola Garai. Wow. I was on the edge of my seat for nearly the entire movie. Highly recommended.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    The Incredible Journey of Sarah Bryant starring Romola Garai. Wow. I was on the edge of my seat for nearly the entire movie. Highly recommended.
    I haven't heard of this movie and went to look it up but all I could find was a tv series called "Mary Bryant" Is that it?

We saw the new science fiction move "Skyline" the other day - and it was very interesting, but the ending was nonexistent, so I wouldn't recommend bothering to see it in the theater. The special effects were fine, but nothing you particularly need to see on the big screen.

We also watched Valentine's Day the other night - it's on cable, so "free" and it was surprisingly good. Nice stories, well intertwined, and some nice and memorable characters, our only quibble was with the loyalties of the one Border Collie, but he had a minor role. Lots of stars - Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher, Jennifer Garner and more, all well-suited to the roles.

Not too long ago, I watched "500 Days of Summer," and boy was I glad I waited for cable on that one. I have liked Zoey Deschanel in other roles, so figured I'd watch this, but it was pretty darned sad the whole movie, after a few promising moments. I watched the whole thing, and it does end on a hopeful note, but it's such a minor thing, you just feel sorry for the guy who is the main character.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    I haven't heard of this movie and went to look it up but all I could find was a tv series called "Mary Bryant" Is that it?
    I'm glad you posted that. I have no idea why I said "Sarah" instead of Mary. It isn't a TV series; it's a movie. It's "The Incredible Journey of Mary Bryant".
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I always look for this movie around this time of the year...

Midnight Clear, it's a movie about two groups of American and German soldiers at the end of WWII.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102443/

You will THINK after you see it.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post

Going to see DUE DATE in a couple of weeks, won some movie tickets, so will give you my honest opinion when i have seen it, cheers.
    I loved this movie! But, it's totally my cup of tea, as far as comedy goes. Robert Downey Jr makes me happy.

And, we have dollar theaters, here! Some even have either fifty cent days or times, I can't remember...it's been awhile! Usually, we go to "regular" theaters, paying about $7-$9 per adult...IMAX is closer to $12.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I watched 300. Terrible movie. I saw Secretariat a few weeks ago too, expecting to be a bit boring, it was actually EXCELLENT! Very inspirational.
    I love 300! Did you dislike the style or the story in general? I pretty much can't get enough of Roman stories. And, I really like that style of filmmaking.

I can't wait to see Secretariat! Phar Lap is one of my all time favorites, and I think ever since then, I've been in love with movies about race horses.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

It's technically not a movie...but my husband and I just started The Pacific last night, watching the first two installments...it's brilliant so far. If you liked Band of Brothers, you really must check this miniseries out.

I've also been rewatching the Harry Potter films as I read the books for the first time. And, I went to an opening night midnight showing of the seventh movie, it was really dark and I teared up at several parts. I'm only on the fourth book, so I have no idea how the series ends. I will have them all read by the new year, though, more than likely.

Zombieland= very funny!
    Outsourced= slow, but had its moments
    the Expendables= Great!
    Get Smart= really good, but not awesome. Better than I thought it would be though. Good for a few laughs.
    Predators= not bad, about what you expect from that type of action movie.

Kari i have seen the shorts for due date, not sure i am going like it, i did not see much to laugh at in the shorts, but i will give the movie the benefit of the doubt, and go along, hey well its free, can always leave if i really hate it, mind you us kiwis do have a different sense of humour, or so i am told, but we get mostly american tv etc here and we all seem to love it,i am more a british tv and movie lover myself, but hey i am british so fair enough lol.

My husband who will watch just about anything found 300 very boring and not to his taste.

Anyone seen city island, i won tickets to that too, to find it had just finished here, blow it all, never mind will pay it forward to the family up north, your opinions please.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Kari i have seen the shorts for due date, not sure i am going like it, i did not see much to laugh at in the shorts, but i will give the movie the benefit of the doubt, and go along, hey well its free, can always leave if i really hate it, mind you us kiwis do have a different sense of humour,

My husband who will watch just about anything found 300 very boring and not to his taste.

Yeah, I can totally see how people wouldn't like Due Date or 300, both are definitely very stylized, I doubt my mom would like either. My husband and I LOVED both, we've watched 300 multiple times.

I laughed pretty frequently at Due Date, even in just the trailers. It seems like it's "age sensitive" humor (I doubt my parents would like it much at all)...I honestly don't know how a person can't laugh when Zach G's character nearly gets tossed out of the bed of the truck when they hit the ditch, though. I watched the trailer several times just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    Zombieland= very funny!

That movie was awesome!

kari i will let you know , going next weekend,i am sure there are funny moments in it, that i will find funny, but sometimes it is just a bit over the top for my liking . and i just find it stupid rather than funny, but we shall see, i will try to keep an open mind.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Date Night= good stuff! Very funny

Kari i have just seen the movie Due Date today, and i have to say i was so wrong about this movie I LOVED IT, i laughed nearly all the way through it,it was so darn funny, and it had it's sad sort of moments too, Robert Downey, he is so cute, i adore him, and the other main character,forget his name, as it is rather odd, he was great in it too, and the dog so cute, honestly i so enjoyed myself, i needed a nice comedy to cheer me up, and it did just the trick.
    I would probably watch it again when it comes out on dvd, and i hardly ever watch a movie twice

9/10 from me.
    Furangels only lent.