Originally posted by fun 4 u:
<STRONG>&lt;snip&gt;
Does your cat eat other things besides cat food?</STRONG>
Lamoni loves plants. At many events where I am an usher, I receive a Carnation butonier. These whit carnations are wrapped in green leaves and enhanced with whit "Babies Breath".

Lamoni loves Babies Breath! He also loves green leaves. When he is chewing on a plant he purrs so loudly. The only time that he will get up in my lap is to eat my Carnation.

My old vet said that this would not be likely to hurt him. He said that something close to a pound of plant material might hurt him but a flower a day would not.

I can't get my wife flowers on holidays and occasions because the boy cat just eats them.

When I sat on a big spider some years ago, that spider retaliated before it died. I got a sever infection and finally had to go in for surgery on my seat to clear it out. We called this a "rear end alignment". The surgeon sent a plant to my house the following day. It aided my recovery to lay on my back and have my furry friend on my stomach chewing on my "get well" plant.

Fifi, on the other hand, could care less about live plants. She loves most people food. She will come and sit on the arm of the chair. As you bring your fork to your mouth there will be this soft gray paw come hook the inside of your wrist and divert that fork to her mouth.

She also loves ice cream, including chocolate. Yes, chocolate. Now, I do mean fat free chocolate flavored soft serve. I get these wonderful frozen bars on a stick from the food service company (I love in-home food delivery). When I get done, I let Fifi lick the stick.

I limit her to a teaspoon a day for vanilla and half of that for light chocolate. No dark chocolate.

Hey! I was real mad at Fifi one day. She had a litter box problem and had "presented" me twice in one day. Now she came to my feet begging while I was eating a chocolate ice cream bar. In frustration I said, "Here B... er ... Here Fifi. See if you like this!" I figured that if it killed her THAT would solve the problem and make her happy.

She survived! We got rid of the carpet that had trapped growing mold. The mold pools were giving off an oder that she felt deserved going on. We have removed all of that type of carpet from the house and now she uses the LitterMaid just like Lamoni does.

Last night I was asleep on the couch. I looked up and the two of them were sleeping in the same chair. The one moment that I wished for a camera.