Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feliway plug in users...question

I used Glad plug ins for years without problems either. I unplugged all of them when the peeing started because I had read an article that sometimes other strong scents may cause a cat to mark.

Our distributor sent the new replacements today. I just plugged in one and it's not as hot as the others but still much warmer than I'd care for on a plastic object. I figure I'll just only plug them in when I'm here and unplug them when I'm gone or going to sleep. I'm sure this won't be as effective, but it's got to be better than nothing, and certainly a bit safer than just leaving them plugged in. When I plugged it in the cats came sniffing around within minutes. I can't really smell anything, but obviously they do.

On a side note I've been noticing the Feliway plug in's at the pet stores are made by a different company than the ones I have. The pet store ones are made by a US company called Farnam (or something similar) and the ones I have are made in France by Ceva. I'm wondering if that has anything to do with all this? I'm reluctant to try the pet store versions because I get my diffusers with one included vial for $21 at work (refills are $12), the pet store ones are $36 even with a coupon!! I'd hate to spend the extra money to find out they all are the same.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Dangers of Feliway plug-ins

I use three dispensers in my house, and they really help my two cats get along. I noticed recently that two of the three (and they are the oldest, over a year probably) not only got very hot, but both have melted plastic and a scorched area, behind where the wick comes up! My boxes didn't have the warning to replace every six months. The newer one I use hasn't done that, but - wow, I think I'll try the Glade idea with one, and see how it works out. This is a good thing to warn people about!