Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new "pedipaw" product???

Pedipaw & pedicure & dremmel

I researched the pedicure and decided not to purchase due to negative comments on the battery life. So instead I purchased just the cover part (which was sold separately for those of us who already owned dremmels) to add to my dremmel tool.

The nice features of the pedicure/pedipaw type products are:
    1. The dust from the nails doesn't fly around as much as just using the dremmel.
    2. The hair doesn't get caught in the dremmel as much.
    3. If you file into the quick, it usually isn't as deep as clipping into it and there is less bleeding.

The drawbacks are:
    1. The noise. You MUST train your dog properly to accept the tool or they will freak out! (See below)
    2. You cannot easily get the tool at a good angle to give a nice rounded surface to the nail. It can be done, but is actually much easier without the cover on the tool. If you have a show dog and want that nice close trim with a rounded nail, try a plain dremmel or an ordinary metal nail file.

Before you decide to purchase any of these products, please read the COMPLETE article on dremmeling your dogs nails at www.DoberDawn.com. She has an EXCELLENT article on the entire process from beginning to end, including how to introduce your dogs to the noise. I wish we had read it before we did our dogs' nails. Now they are a bit scared so we are trying to retrain which takes MUCH longer than just doing it correctly in the first place!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I considered buying this, but instead purchased a small Dremel from Walmart and it works just great. I read too many negative reviews on the Pedipaw and it's pretty much limited to just being able to do nails. The Dremel is very versatile since there are dozens of attachments for many small household projects and it isn't noisy either, so my dogs weren't at all afraid of it. I highly recommend it.

Great, I ordered one and it was on back order, they said 6 weeks. I ordered it on 8/19/08. They did not process my payment until 9/12/08 and it was $2.97 more than it said during the transaction. I have not yet received it.
    I have a feeling this is just another waste of my money. When will I ever learn? I always order stuff thinking I'll use it and I don't. I have tons of work-out videos and crap that are practially new. One of these days................
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I want to get one, too, so please let us know how you like it. I was talking to a man in our vet's office, and he had asked our vet about them....Our vet said you have to be careful with at least some of them because they can get hot. I don't know which brand to which he was referring, though.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

My neighbor across street from us has one and loves it. Their dog doesnt mind the tool and it's very quiet.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I bought it and Mister LOVES IT

Well, I got my pedipaws last Wednesday. We left that night so I couldn't even take a look at it. Yesterday I was on the phone with my sister and mentioned I got one. She wanted to know how quiet it is. So I tried it, and it's actually pretty quiet. It's no louder than the grooming clippers I use on Zoee.
    I have not tried it on her yet because I want to get her use to the sound and the vibration on her nails first. So I'll be taking it slow. But the first time I use it I will start a new thread and I'll try to remember to take before and after pix of her nails.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

We just got one from WalMart...don't like it at all for my dogs.
    For one, Bon's toenails are just too hard for it. Secondly we tried it on Simba and even with his tiny toenails all it would be good for is to file the nail after it's been cut.
    We're taking it back. Definitely not worth $20...not for us any way.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Don't Like Company!`

I wouldn't recommend purchasing Pedipaws online!

I ordered one October 8, 2008 and by the time they got done with all the "add ons" and shipping, my order was $47.97 for a $19.99 item.

I also was directed to a "Pop-up" from their website that asked if I wanted a $10 rebate. I'm too smart to fall for a free lunch, but I did it anyway. I discovered I had signed up for some kind of service for $24.95 per month. I found this out because they sent me an eMail almost immediately, telling me I could cancel the $24.95 monthly fee at any time.

I was really upset by this, so I attempted to cancel the $24.95, but they told me the information was not in the computer yet. I had to call back three days later and finally got it cancelled.

I also wanted to cancel my Pedipaws order as well because I was beginning to think this was a scam. I called them and they, too, said my information was not in the computer. On October 9 I called and they said I needed to call back on October 10. I called on October 10 and they said I was too late to receive a refund - so I asked to talk to a supervisor and she said she would arrange for a refund - she also said if I received the product I should not open it, and return it with a RMA number written on the package.

I did recieve the product on October 19 and I returned it immediately.

I kept checking my credit card account and no refund ever showed up. I called them again and they told me a refund would be authorized 10 days after they received the returned product.

I did some checking on their website and discovered the product wasn't shipped until October 14 (4 days after I had called to cancel it.) Also it said they didn't receive the returned package until November 10!

I have called them numerous times, and they keep telling me they will expidite my return, and here it is November 24 and I stilll haven't received credit!

I will ever do business with this company again and would recommend to others that If you can find the product in one of the places that sells "as seen on TV" merchandise and you absolutely want to try it - get it there. You'll save a lot of money and headaches!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by jkfromkc View Post
    I wouldn't recommend purchasing Pedipaws online!

I ordered one October 8, 2008 and by the time they got done with all the "add ons" and shipping, my order was $47.97 for a $19.99 item.

I also was directed to a "Pop-up" from their website that asked if I wanted a $10 rebate. I'm too smart to fall for a free lunch, but I did it anyway. I discovered I had signed up for some kind of service for $24.95 per month. I found this out because they sent me an eMail almost immediately, telling me I could cancel the $24.95 monthly fee at any time.

I was really upset by this, so I attempted to cancel the $24.95, but they told me the information was not in the computer yet. I had to call back three days later and finally got it cancelled.

I also wanted to cancel my Pedipaws order as well because I was beginning to think this was a scam. I called them and they, too, said my information was not in the computer. On October 9 I called and they said I needed to call back on October 10. I called on October 10 and they said I was too late to receive a refund - so I asked to talk to a supervisor and she said she would arrange for a refund - she also said if I received the product I should not open it, and return it with a RMA number written on the package.

I did recieve the product on October 19 and I returned it immediately.

I kept checking my credit card account and no refund ever showed up. I called them again and they told me a refund would be authorized 10 days after they received the returned product.

I did some checking on their website and discovered the product wasn't shipped until October 14 (4 days after I had called to cancel it.) Also it said they didn't receive the returned package until November 10!

I have called them numerous times, and they keep telling me they will expidite my return, and here it is November 24 and I stilll haven't received credit!

I will ever do business with this company again and would recommend to others that If you can find the product in one of the places that sells "as seen on TV" merchandise and you absolutely want to try it - get it there. You'll save a lot of money and headaches!
    Buy a Dremmel at Walmart! Works great, no hassel with shiiping, returns, credits, etc. And it's versatile since you can use it for many small household projects - it has dozens of attachments available. I paid $20 for a small one, and it has more than paid for itself!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Wow, sorry you had such an ordeal with this jkfromkc. I ordered mine several months ago and all is well. The only thing was the total was a few cents more than it said when I ordered it. I clicked NO on all the pop-up things. That was very annoying.
    I have yet to really use mine though. I've been just too darn busy. But I really need to get the dogs comfortable with it. Especially with Taggarts dew claws. I did it on Zoee for a few seconds and she actually did very well with it.

Yeah, I would have done the dremel route, but I had already ordered this thing. Oh well.