Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Addition!!*More Pics Added!*

Gee, he looks very alert and happy!

Don't have to tell you, if people have a cat who has a litter, and they can't place the kittens, sometimes they just dump them and hope someone finds the little one.

God put you and Loki in the same spot at the same time for a reason!

Remember to get him in to the vet for testing, and then shots and so forth. but the testing is important; before you get too attached and then learn of any problems. Best wishes, Loki!!!

It is still early yet, but as soon as they open I will be contacting the Humane Society, to see if anyone has Lost a kitten. I will also check the Newspaper. I will wait two days, then the kitten will be going to the Vets for a check up and shots.

Loki is quite the character, he is very outgoing and playful. He does however, alert to any noise! He will just freeze if there is a strange noise at all. Occassionaly he will run and hide, but he has been out and about 90% of the time he has been here. His fleas are worse than I thought, I checked him over last night throughly, and they are everywhere. So what is the best course of action for a 8-10 week old kitten with fleas? I know I cannot use advantage or anything yet. So do I wash him? He must be uncomfortable, with so many scurrying around on his tiny body!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Vet visit! ASAP. Don't wait 2 days! Once those fleas get into your home and on your dog, you have a MAJOR issue!!

Call your vet, NOW, or as soon as they open. They open at 7 AM for drop offs for surgery that day? Then call at 7 AM. Explain, and see how fast they can get you in there! And also, they will know what you can give to a kitten of such an age. Don't wait, it will cost you a LOT more, in money, time, and itchiness!

Well I have contacted the Human Society, and they have had no reports so far of anyone missing a kitten. Thye have my info, and will contact me if they hear anything. I have also contacted my vet, and the earliest I can get the Kitten in is tomarrow morning. The vet suggested to give the kitten a bath with a tear free shampoo, to help with the fleas until then. Loki Is doing fabulous, and is a very curious boy. I was able to get some better pics of my little ham this morning! So here they are!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0438.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	31041   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0435.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	31042   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0430.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	110.1 KB 
ID:	31043   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0425.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	31044   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0424.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	31045  

Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

I agree that a vet visit should be done right now. Fleas are nothing to mess with, especially when the vet can help.

I would have picked him up. too. I doubt that anyone is 'missing' a kitten. Can't hurt to call the Humane Society, but don't expect any responses.

Loki sounds like a real confident little guy. Hope we get to watch him grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by mruffruff
    I agree that a vet visit should be done right now. Fleas are nothing to mess with, especially when the vet can help.

I would have picked him up. too. I doubt that anyone is 'missing' a kitten. Can't hurt to call the Humane Society, but don't expect any responses.

Loki sounds like a real confident little guy. Hope we get to watch him grow up.
    The Humane Society pretty much said the same thing when I called. They told me not to expect any calls, and If i needed to I could bring him in. Well he definitely has a home here, we are not looking to place him anywhere. He will be going to our vet tomarrow, first thing in the morning. Hopefully everything is okay, and he gets a clean bill of health. He definitely Acts okay! But we will wait and see from the vets, fingers crossed!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

First of all, I think it was a wonderful thing that you saved little Loki from the streets. I agree with you that no one should own a kitten if they are to leave it wandering on the streets, and full of fleas too! Kittens are so small they can get hit by a car in the blink of an eye, especially with his dark markings, they would camouflage with the road enough to possibly not see him. I also agree though that he could have slipped away from someone, but for some reason I highly doubt it. But it's good that you called the Humane Society.

Secondly, talk about an adorable kitten! Just look at that face and those markings. So beautiful! A cuteness warning is definitely needed . I know what it's like trying to take a picture of a kitten - they just won't sit still! LOL! It's hard to get a shot of little Skylla without her moving somewhere. And what a great name. I absolutely love the name Loki. I bet Loki and Duke will become great buddies in no time!

I know the little cutie appreciates the great, new home you have given him.

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Well I gave Loki His first Bath! Ha ha ha! I was fully prepared for an outright battle, but to my suprise he was just fine with it! He was a little concerned when he was first placed in the tub, but within seconds of me consoling him, he calmed down and started purring! I have to say this is the FIRST time I have ever had a cat purring while being Bathed! It was almost like he knew I was trying to make him feel better! What a sweetheart! I was going to post pics of him after his bath, but he told me he was embarrased by how he looked! so I have refrained for now!
    Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

What a precious cutie! Love his big ears - looks like he'll be a fairly big kitty, too.

Congratulations on saving this little darling and the best of luck! Keep posting pics - would love to see him as he grows.
    Naranj's and P.K.'s Momma

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    Well I gave Loki His first Bath! Ha ha ha! I was fully prepared for an outright battle, but to my suprise he was just fine with it! He was a little concerned when he was first placed in the tub, but within seconds of me consoling him, he calmed down and started purring! I have to say this is the FIRST time I have ever had a cat purring while being Bathed! It was almost like he knew I was trying to make him feel better! What a sweetheart! I was going to post pics of him after his bath, but he told me he was embarrased by how he looked! so I have refrained for now!
    Wow. That's really good that you got a cat who doesn't mind water. Bobo and CC don't battle me persay, they just try to hold onto me for dear life as long as they can until they're in the water. Bobo knows when the tub is filled and if he hears a drop from it he'll burrow his head into our necks and give us great big hugs. And you don't need to be embarrassed, Loki, bathtime is one of my favorite times to get pictures. Please do post more of him .

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

After Bath Pics!

Okay! Loki and I sat down and had a conversation about certain pics. I explained to him that his family on PT would love to see them and would not Laugh! So Please hold back your laughter as Loki is very sensitive about how he looks in these "after bath pics"! Loki asks that any and all children should avert their eyes! So be nice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0001.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	31048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0002.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	31049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0005.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	31050   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0009.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	31051   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0014.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	31052  

Maggie,

I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by critter crazy
    Okay! Loki and I sat down and had a conversation about certain pics. I explained to him that his family on PT would love to see them and would not Laugh! So Please hold back your laughter as Loki is very sensitive about how he looks in these "after bath pics"! Loki asks that any and all children should avert their eyes! So be nice!
    Awww Loki! You have no reason to be embarrassed, you are the most adorable thing and I just loved seeing those after bath pictures! You are just too sweet and I can't wait to watch you grow up. Thanks for posting them .

Jasper
    [Irish Setter]

Gee, you have a darling kitty there! He is so used to humans, I like the earlier pic of him rubbing your hand, and now not being intimidated by bath time is a nice plus! Loki is a wonderful little charmer.

Your an Angel for taking a poor deffensless kitten off the street,I would watch for posters,But the way it sounds is that you have just got yourself a new bundle of joy Congrats!

He sure is a cutie pie. When you take him to the vet, he'll probably also need to be dewormed and since he had/has fleas he may also need to take some medicine to get rid of tapeworms because some fleas carry them. Good luck. I hope he gets a clean bill of health.