Thread: I'm fostering; PICS #26 & 27!

Threaded View

I'm fostering; PICS #26 & 27!

I started trapping my 4th colony yesterday (Saturday). I was told 5 adults and 4 kittens. Last night at almost 9 PM ( after dark, here), I caught a kitten. The caretaker has called this one Boots, due to the white paws.
    I arranged for someone from PawsWatch to come over Monday afternoon and make an assessment as to whether this kitten can be socialized.

This afternoon, I took Boots out and held the kitten. After a few frantic moments, the kitten settled down. I took Boots out a few more times. I now know Boots is a female, I've held her several times, and I am quite certain she can be socialized! She fell asleep on my chest at one point.

This evening, we* caught another kitten, at about the same hour. As we approached, flashlight on, we saw a third kitten sitting huddled next to the trap. Afraid to leave it's sibling! Aw. So I reset the trap and in just 11 minutes had kitten #3. The caretaker calls them Midnight and Blackie, not sure which is which.

* My neighbor, Justin -- Inluvwithanimals -- has been helping with this colony so my Dad is taking a break from cat catching. Justin is having a great time!

Kitten #2

Kitten #3

These two are noticeably smaller than Boots. A different litter, maybe? And the third one we caught is quite smaller than its sibling.

Sorry about the photos, I'll get more in a day or so. The black ones are quite frightened just now, as they've only been inside for about 2 hours!

They are in separate carriers for the night. And all three are yowling as I sit typing.
    Last edited by Freedom; 07-19-2007 at 10:04 AM.