Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite author?

Hybrid View

favorite author?

What is your favorite author. I have recently become a HUGE Dean Koontz fan! I'm on my third one by him in the last 2 months. Can't get enough!
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I have read everything he has ever written, even a book about him by someone else!

Did you read watchers? There are also some good movies based on his books, we have them on our movies for free on cable right now, intensity is really good.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Too many to choose from, but I am a big Neil Gaiman fan, a Neal Stephenson fan, but read almost everything I can get my hands on!
    I've Been Frosted

I rarely read fiction these days, so have no particular favorite author. I read whatever appeals to me - sports, medicine, history, animals, current events.

When I retired, I had a stack of about 30 books saved up to read. Well, that was 9 years ago and the stack has grown to around 60. For every book I've read, I buy 2 more to fill the void.

I just finished Rome 1960 by David Maraniss - an account of the 1960 summer Olympics in Rome. Very interesting book - how the world has changed in the past 48 years!!

Big Dean Koontz fan over here as well! Life Expectancy and Watchers were definitely my favorites.
    Right now, I`m reading a book by Karen Rose, called Have You Seen Her? I like it a lot and I`m definitely going to read more from her.
    Mom to Ethan, Sophie and Sansa

Years ago I would travel a couple hours to my parents house and back home quite a bit so I began listening to audio books.
    Somebody let me borrow Intensity by Dean Koontz and let me tell you, Intense it was!! I drove around my block and then sat in my car to finish it. And while I was driving I would realize I was gripping the steering wheel so hard.
    I think they made a movie about that book. But I like books better because they give you more descriptions and thoughts of the characters so you can visualize it any way you wish.

For the past several years I have been reading Nora Roberts who also writes under the name JD Robb. I still have so many books left to read. My reading has been put on hold by the stinking reality TV I've been addicted to.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I am not much of a reader these days, but i was a big fan of Catherine Cookson.,and colleen McCullough author of my fav book The Thorn Birds.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post

Did you read watchers?
    Another Dean Koontz fan here although I haven't read any of his recent stuff.
    Watchers was incredible, wasn't it?

I also enjoy John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell and Sue Grafton to name a few more.

Wow, so many to mention but a few are Catherine Ponder for her Millionaires of the Bible series, Alison Weir for her Tudor history books and Jean Plaidy for her Tudor novels. There are many more but I slept in this morning and I'm lucky and I can even type. LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Judy Blume. Though she hasn't written anything in awhile.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Another Dean Koontz fan here although I haven't read any of his recent stuff.
    Watchers was incredible, wasn't it?

I also enjoy John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell and Sue Grafton to name a few more.
    His latest "the darkest evening of the year" has been a labor of love for him leading up to it. Its got Golden Retrievers in it.
    Did you ever check out the Laurien Berensen ones I emailed you about Pam?
    you would LOVE them!! mysteries and poodles!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Read some books by Dean Koontz in the past, but I don't remember which books it were.

There are many authors I like, some of my faves are Ken Follet, Dan Brown, Diana Gabaldon, Akif Pirrinci, and - as I have to admit - Andreas Franz, a German author who writes crime stories, but very graphic ones.

Oh, and I love the Harry Potter books, read them many times, and never get tired of them.

Kirsten

I read so much, it's hard to pin down a favorite author, but a few of them would be Robin McKinley, Anne Bishop, and recently, Sergei Lukyanenko. If you like sci-fi/fantasy books his Night Watch series is DEFINITELY one to check out.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Like Grace and Kitten645, I prefer non-fiction.

An enjoyable book I read recently was Julie Klem's Please Excuse My Daughter.

My favorite author would have to be James Herriot. Unfortunately he's no longer alive.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

James Michener: The Source, Chesapeake, Alaska, etc.

Of course, I love James Alfred Wight (James Herriott).

And Samuel Clemons.