Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you having for breakfast?

Hybrid View

What are you having for breakfast?

Since I love the dinner thread - I thought it might be fun to share some breakfasts too Breakfast tends to get old since we almost always eat oatmeal (trying to keep cholesterol down) I try to make it intersting by adding dried fruits and a few nuts. My favorite combo is walnut and dates.

This morning - I fixed a pretty high cholesterol breakfast but it sure was yummy!! I soft scrambled eggs in some margarine and then added some sharp cheddar at the last minute. We were out of bread but I think this would have been terrific served with a soft tortilla.

I think the Sirrahs enjoy food

It is currently 2.30am and i am hungry so i am thinking about having breakfast now LOL. It will probably be toast or porrige (cooked oats), milk and brown sugar..yum.

peaches and cream oatmeal, banana, and skim milk hmm it was so good..

I made homemade cinnamon rolls this morning. They are SO easy to make out of a tube of refrigerated crescent rolls!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Those are all very impressive breakfasts. I feel very guilty and bad. I had 3 jaw breakers for breakfast.

I don't normally eat jaw breakers for breakfast but that's all I had at home (haven't gone grocery shopping) and I didn't feel like stopping.

If anybody has ideas on quick & healthy breakfasts, that would be great!
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I don't eat breakfast 99% of the time.

I always have the same breakfast every day, 30grms of cereal with low fat milk, i vary what i have, at the moment i am having weetbix ,but it is often wwatchers cereal,Tropicana.

Slick do you know when i was younger i never ate breakfast, like in my twenties, as i felt just like you do nauseous, honestly it is just habit and what your body gets used to , it takes a while for the adjustment, but now i could never ever go without brekky, i believe it is the most important meal of the day, after all i compare it to your car that needs gas to get it going, a healthy brekky, clears the brain, gets the body up and going,now just wish i could get my hubby to eat it lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I always have cereal for breakfast or a bagel with cream cheese. sometimes bacon. it depends on my mood, really. Cocoa wheats (hot cereal) are good, too. I usually put milk, syrup, and lots of sugar in them
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahbed
    Breakfast tends to get old since we almost always eat oatmeal (trying to keep cholesterol down) I try to make it intersting by adding dried fruits and a few nuts. My favorite combo is walnut and dates.
    I often have oatmeal for breakfast and my favorite addition is dried cherries and sprinkled with cinnamon which is supposed to be good for the cholesterol too.

We have breakfast out on Saturday (frequently) and I just finished the most delicious vegetarian omelet, with lots of mushrooms, spinach, green pepper, tomato, onion and just a sprinkle of feta cheese. Had an English muffin and some fruit too. It was soooo good.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I try to have something different for breakfast every day. Cereal is the greatest food in existence but fo the past few months I've been eating healthy which means I only get the organic puffed grains cereal with no sugars or sweeteneers -- I just add some sliced banana and it tastes quite good.

Right now I'm having some Amy's Organic No-Cheese Vegetable pizza and some Bolthouse Farms Vanilla Chai Green Tea Soy Milk.
    I've been BOO'd!

I just love breakfast! I never miss having my breakfast, which usually consists of a bagel with butter and jelly, sometimes I'll have waffles or pancakes. Today it was Rice Krispie Treats cereal with a bagel. When I have breakfast out I love cheese omelets and hasbrowns. Once a week I treat myself to an egg and cheese sandwich on a muffin, mcgriddle or bagel at McD's or Dunkin Donuts. Yum!

I never eat breakfast, although I know I should and that it is suppose to be the best meal of the day, I just never feel like I have time to get anything in the morning, but if anyone has any ideas to make a breakfast for yummy I may try it

Kalei
    I will love you forever Bobo

2 slices of bread with minarine, some chocolate paste, and a glass of homemade orangejuice
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 12-06-2008 at 03:26 PM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

6 days a week I have cereal (current one is oat clusters, maple syrup & pecans - yum!) but Sunday we, my grandaughter & I, have to have a bacon and egg toastie/sandwich each - two pieces of bread toasted on just one side with bacon & egg in-between, it's become a kind of tradition.

Chris, is that the "Jordans four combo" you have? I'm SO envious! I brought some packages back from England, and when I had emptied them, took them to a few select supermarkets, begging them to get these. Still can't get them, not even in the British shop! I'm seriously thinking of writing to Jordans to ask them to introduce them here - I' even open a shop and sell them!

I can't imagine anyone having breakfast without a kind of cereal to begin with - or fruit if it's summer.

I do enjoy a full English breakfast though, if someone will serve it for me - or if I have time to make it.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.