Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Death to the Mini-Blinds!!!!!

**Breaking News**

Just when we thought the war against the blinds had been resolved, this morning in Sidney, British Columbia an attack occured.. and not by the four legged culprits.. but by Mawmee herself!! In an attempt to open the blinds and keep the peace between the unnamed furbabies and the window coverings, the plastic mountings came right out of the wall!! However, in trying to save herself from all the blame, Mawmee released this statement: "The blinds were old anyway, and I don't care what anyone says.. I know those cats have been chasing them for months!!!"

Beware.. the attack on the mini blinds may NOT be over as we had once thought!!!!

LOL in the office!!
    What a wonderful thread. And what good journalistic writing you have!

LOL
    hysterical

blinds

I saw a blind attack my cat recently.....

Edward was walking up the sofa arm to take a look outside. as he nudged the slats aside i noticed one slide in between his collar
    and neck....he paused for a sec and i grabbed the offending slat and pulled it away before any harm came to either one of them.

(please be careful if your cat does have a collar on!!!)

and their easiest way to make a Mini Blind is to poke it's eyes out.

How did I ever miss this thread!

This thread is so darn entertaining.

I was considering getting wood blinds, since my "Kmart" blinds are taking a real beating. They have a "Swiss Cheese" look to them...lots of tooth marks! My guess is that the toxins in the plastic are not good for cats or other forms of life. But I wonder if wood blinds will take the same beating. Maybe I should have them installed on just one window - for the big test!

Anymore attacks - around the world?

The Garlic Gazette

Thursday 11/07/02
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blind Attacks Sprouting Up In Garlic Capital
    by: The Head Clove
    Gilroy, CA : The Garlic Capital of the World
    6:56am

It is reported that early this morning, an unsuspecting Rose-colored mini blind was visciously attacked. A white streak was spotted fleeing the scene of the crime, but there were no actual witnesses as to the actual attack itself.
    It is assumed that an "outside party" rose a "stink" which contributed to the cause of the attack. The mini blinds were simply caught in the middle of a fight between the two parties. Further investigation is under way.
    The purrrpetrator is still at large....

Hmmmmmmmm.....white streak, eh?

Mini blinds here in NJ have also suffered an attack and sadly are no longer with us. A very LARGE orange kitty was seen bending them in his teeth. Sadly their final resting place is in the trash dump. A moment of silence please....may they rest in peace, never to be chomped on again.

Have we given sufficient consideration to the possibility that the blinds are attacking cats and not vice-versa?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

The FBI ( Furball Bureau of Investigation) and CIA (Cat Informants of America)
    secret surveillance cameras caught Maya planning an attack on the Rose coloured mini- blinds in Canada. She denies any such allegations insisting that she only wanted an optimum location to pursue her hobby of bird-watching.

Originally posted by lailamara
    The FBI ( Furball Bureau of Investigation) and CIA (Cat Informants of America)... she only wanted an optimum location to pursue her hobby of bird-watching. ...

Yes, she has an innocent look of a bird-watcher to me! I'd believe her if I were on her jury!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Laughs Out Loud!

Oh my! Did you ever catch the perpetrators of that hideous blind attack!

BTW The Black bars are very fetching
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

I advise to you all to change to curtains after a liberal soaking in vinegar - your home's may smell like fish and chip shops but at least they will not be attacked!

BTW I found that filling a little water pistol with diluted vinegar and water - and when catching Bastet doing anything she shouldn't be doing - ie Blind Stalking (Federal offence in AU) I spray her with it. The smell and taste she hates with a passion but I have beautiful blinds, furniture and carpet and if you catch them unawares all the better because they won't do it even when you leave home. Now to work on family ....
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

Originally posted by AmberLee

Yes, she has an innocent look of a bird-watcher to me! I'd believe her if I were on her jury!
    Yes: an innocent look is a specialty of not-so-innocent Abyssinian birdwatchers.
    (BTW : Maya on top of it all)

Sssshhh ... SOS from Cassy: Please send reinforcements -- my Meowmy wants to buy fresh REPLACEMENT mini-blinds!!! I think she's gone crazy. Please send help.

Cassy.....Andy and Trevor here to save the day! Here's how you can put an end to that! First, go to that big bag thing that she always carries with her when she leaves the house. Inside you will see something that has green paper in it. Carefully shred the green paper and she won't be bringing any new mini blinds in the house. Oh, if you see any small plastic cards in that bag, go hide them in your litter box. She'll never use them again. That should do it!