I love Pecans, so if I can get any this year I'll definitely make a Pecan Pie! Here are two recipes, which do you think is best? The one I made last year was much too sweet.

Jamie Oliver's Pecan Pie

• 1 x quantity sweet pastry , (see sweet pastry recipe)
  • 450 g pecan nuts
  • 3 large eggs , preferably free-range or organic
  • 175 g golden caster sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 100 ml molasses or black treacle
  • 50 g unsalted butter , melted
  • 50 ml bourbon whiskey
  • vanilla ice cream , to serve

Start by making the pastry see sweet pastry recipe, adding the optional vanilla seeds and orange zest from the list of ingredients.

Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Take half your pecans and put them inside a clean tea towel or in a sandwich bag. Use a rolling pin to bash them up finely.

After the pastry has had 30 minutes in the fridge, continue through the method of the sweet pastry recipe until baked blind.

To make the filling, use a whisk to mix the eggs, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Add your finely bashed pecans and mix again with a spoon until completely blended and smooth. Add the molasses, melted butter and bourbon, mix well, then fold in your reserved whole pecans. Pour this mixture into the pastry case.

Put the tart into the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the filling starts setting at the sides.

Remove and leave to cool in its tin for an hour (if you can wait that long), to really help it set, before serving. I think a slice of slightly warm pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream is absolute heaven.

Nigella Lawson's Pecan Pie

• 1 packet shortcrust pastry
  • 1 cup cane sugar (or dark muscovado sugar, turbinado or light brown sugar)
  • 3 cups golden syrup or light corn syrup
  • 2 tablespoons dark rum
  • cup softened unsalted butter
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups broken pecan nuts
  • whipped cream (sweetened or vanilla ice cream for serving)

1. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a large circle about 1/8 inch thick. Fit it, without stretching, into a buttered 9-inch pie pan. Trim off the excess dough, leaving a -inch border.
  2. Fold under the edge of the dough, pressing along the rim or the pan and forming a high, fluted border.
  3. Chill the pie shell until needed. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, golden syrup or light corn syrup or corn syrup, rum, and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
  4. Boil for about 1 minute, stirring constantly and scraping back any foam that clings to the sides of the pan.
  5. Remove the pan from the heat; set aside to cool to lukewarm, at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350F degrees, with a rack in the lower third.
  6. In a small bowl, beat the eggs until creamy. Beat the eggs into the cooled syrup; stir in the vanilla, salt, and pecans. Pour the filling into the pie shell. Bake until the filling is set but still slightly wobbly in the center, about 50 minutes. Cool the pie completely on a wire rack.
  7. Serve the pie at room temperature with plenty of slightly sweetened whipped cream, or with vanilla ice cream.