Thread: Introducing Legs and Louie

Introducing Legs and Louie

After Sheppard passed, I was sad having an empty tank on my bookshelf. Rather than get another beta (the betas locally have some health issues) I opted to get a pair of African Dwarf Frogs after getting the tank cycled again. They are cute as buttons! I got a couple of pictures before they found the hide log.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Legs.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	60311
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Louie.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	60312

Legs is on top, Louie on bottom. I'm sure until I've had them for a while, I'll mix them up.

Edited to add: I can't stress enough the importance of going to a reputable fish store for aquatic animals. All of my fish in my tetra tank came from a very reputable local fish store and are doing wonderfully. Sheppard, however, was an impulse buy at Petsmart (bad bad bad) and he had health problems from day one. I was at Petsmart today getting tank decor and filter media and decided to look at their dwarf frogs. I wish I hadn't. The clerk didn't wash his hands before sticking in the tank, which just bothers me. Then he flipped over the log in the tank and all the frogs were dead! He didn't seem too bothered by this. I almost walked out without buying anything but my local fish store doesn't carry bulk filter carbon. I am hesitant to spend any more money at this place as they seem to have gone majorly downhill. When I got Rodney (his gotcha day was 2 years ago yesterday) the place was a LOT more well kept. The employees now don't seem to care as much. Legs and Louie thankfully came from the same fish store as I got the catfish and the tetras.

Aww, congrats on the new family members! What color are they really?
    I've Been Frosted