PDA

View Full Version : Cats in Dallas Need NEW Home.

cruisetime
06-24-2005, 10:16 AM
A girl on my cruise board posted that her mom has moved from a two story house up North to a one story house here. She has show dogs and two cats that are 4 years old on Fourth of July. The cats are inside only and are fixed. They are litter mates - one boy and girl. The dogs hate the cats and the cats stay in one room all day and roam a little at night in the house. The mom needs to get rid of them. (Her dogs come first) All the shelters are kill shelters. They have put up signs. The mom will pay to ship the cats to get them a good home. She does want a good home for them but needs to get rid of them.. Does anyone know of anyone who can help???? They are beautiful - I will try to find the picture to post here. The daughter can't take them as her dog hates them and tries to attack them.. Any ideas at this point are welcome as they are getting desperate and I'm afraid they will resort to either kicking them out or giving them to the kill shelter... Any help please! Debbie

cruisetime
06-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Pictures of cats you need you!!!

cruisetime
06-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Picture of Boy Cat

lvpets2002
06-24-2005, 11:17 AM
:) Hey I am from the Metroplex Area & I will check around for your babies. They are adorable. I already have six in the house, But will check around for you & try to help. :cool:

catmandu
06-24-2005, 06:36 PM
THEY ARE SUCH GORGEOUS CATS,I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE,COULD JUST GET RID,OF THEM.I WISH,I COULD HELP,BUT CANADA,IS SO FAR AWAY.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/Picture492.jpg

reikiessence
06-24-2005, 07:07 PM
I would take them, but I am in Australia! - If anyone needs to rehome any in Australia i can help!

finn's mom
06-24-2005, 08:07 PM
I WAS in Texas, I wonder if Aly has seen this, yet. She might know someone who could foster them. That second cat is beautiful. i mean, they both are, but, I especially like the white and orange one. :)

Grace
06-24-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
THEY ARE SUCH GORGEOUS CATS,I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY ANYONE,COULD JUST GET RID,OF THEM.

What Gary said. How can people do this - just up and throw away 2 great cats - :(

G535
06-24-2005, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Grace
What Gary said. How can people do this - just up and throw away 2 great cats - :(

I can't understand it either. :(

moosmom
06-26-2005, 05:56 PM
Sounds like her "SHOW DOGS" are much more important to her than the cats. Sad. :(

NoahsMommy
06-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Isn't this the same story?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82241

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Isn't this the same story?

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82241

Pretty sure, except one of them is posted by the daughter of the woman needing to place the cats, and, the other is by a friend of theirs, I think. Lemme go look again, really quickly. But, as far as I can see, they're the same.

edited: yup, they're the same, just posted by different people.

moosmom
06-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Yup, it's the same scenario.

Why do people feel that cats are more disposable than SHOW dogs??? It makes me sick! Like the excuse some people use for giving up their pets...i.e., "I'm allergic" after they've had the cat for 4 years! :eek:

finn's mom
06-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Yup, it's the same scenario.

It's not just the same scenario, it's the same exact cats. Just someone closer to the situation posted about it.

cruisetime
06-27-2005, 03:40 PM
Same story - sorry - I wasn't sure she would post it here - I asked her too but thought I'd help... She is trying everything and they are NOT her cats but her moms. She has been trying for a couple of months that i now of. She seems genuinely concerned and that is so nice as it would be very easy to just dump them on a kill shelter... Thanks for all your help!!! Debbie