PDA

View Full Version : Snoopy Just Had a Seizure!

4 Dog Mother
08-13-2004, 09:38 PM
I am still shaking! My little boy just had a seizure - I have never seen a dog have one and it scared the heck out of me. I have called the vet and since he seems okay now they want to see him tomorrow morning. Please pray for my Snoopy!

Toller 42
08-13-2004, 09:47 PM
Poor Snoopy:( i hope he's okay, I wonder what caused it:confused:

4 Dog Mother
08-13-2004, 09:59 PM
The vet said he may be epileptic - they will do a blood test in the morning - although I am not sure that will show he is but may rule out other things. I was so upset when I talked to her that I am not sure what the blood test is for. They don't know why some dogs are but some dog breeds are more likely to get it than others.

I am all alone with my five dogs and it happened so suddenly and I didn't really know what was going on. Drool and blood were coming out of his mouth and he couldn't seem to open his mouth. But he looked like his mouth was seizing too and he kept biting his tongue and making it bleed. Then he started shaking, fell on his side, eyes rolling and he looked so scared. He lost control of his bowels and more and more drool was coming from his mouth. He was stiff as a board. I was so scared he was dying right in front of my eyes. Aand I had no clue how to help
him.

I called a neighbor to come down and help me and while waiting for him called the vets answering service. I doubt if I was very coherent - I was so upset!!!! The neighbor's dog has had seizures before so he knew what to do - which was really nothing because by that time he was out of it and just a little unsure of what was going on and a little wobbly.

He had some problems last night which the vet thinks was a smaller seizure. She said they will probably start him on medicine so he won't have more and later possibly try to wean him off.

Thank God for neighbors and quickly responding vets.

Karen
08-13-2004, 10:06 PM
Poor you and poor Snoops - here's hoping the vets ind a way to help tomorrow!

dappledoxie
08-13-2004, 10:10 PM
Oh no, how scary! I hope Snoopy is feeling better and I hope he doesn't have any more seizures. Hugs!

binka_nugget
08-13-2004, 10:13 PM
:( Poor Snoopy. I hope you guys find a way to keep everything under control. Please keep us updated!

GoldenRetrLuver
08-13-2004, 10:17 PM
Poor Snoopy. :(:( *hugs*

Good Luck at the vets! I hope everything turns out to be okay. :(

shais_mom
08-14-2004, 12:31 AM
OMgosh Diana!
This brings memories screaming back to me of my Shaianne.
They ran a blood test on her also. It is very scary to watch them go thru it. How awful.
Please keep us posted and if you need anything, and I mean anything Diana, you call me!!!

cloverfdx
08-14-2004, 03:19 AM
Oh no poor Snoopy :(, i hope the Vet can figure out what is wrong with him and get him onto some treatment ASAP.

{{Hugs}} :(

Kater
08-14-2004, 05:54 AM
Oh dear, how scary! I'm glad you had help nearby. Snoopy will be in my prayers - keep us updated!

sirrahved
08-14-2004, 06:22 AM
Hey!

My parents' dog, Gus, was diagnosed as an epileptic last year at 8 years old. Turns out he just has a reaction when he eats carion or processed deli meat that makes him have seizures. The medicine they put him on really messed him up and turned out he didn't need it! He just needed to stay away from those things. I'm not saying this is your situation... but I hope it helped!

Pam
08-14-2004, 06:39 AM
I am sorry you had to be alone at a time like that. They are terrifying to watch for sure. My RB dog, Ashley (a miniature poodle), developed them at about age 7 or 8. Her first seizure happened in the middle of the night in my daughter's bed as that is where she always slept. By the time my daughter came fully awake, realized what had happened and ran into our room the seizure was over. We could still see a little remaining foam around her mouth and her bladder had emptied on my daughter's bed. :( She had been playing with my other dog (a standard poodle) the day before and had violently struck her head against the wall as they played Tug-O-War. (You know they shake their heads from side-to-side when tugging). I was in the kitchen at the time and heard the *thud.* When I came running she was acting dazed so, looking back, I felt pretty sure that her seizure was related to that.

She had another one the following day and so we were off to the vet's. He said poodles are one of those breeds that are at risk for seizures and said the injury could be the cause but it could be coincidental. She took phenobarb for the rest of her life and never had one again. If Snoopy is started on medicine they will want you to come in periodically and check on the level of the meds in his blood. It is manageable, and I am told that they absolutely are not in any pain during one. (((hugs)))

4 Dog Mother
08-14-2004, 07:46 AM
Thanks for all the replies, best wishes. It is now 8:30 a.m. and the vet is not opened yet. But I will be on the phone at 9:00 for sure. Snoopy had another seizure at 2:30 a.m. I woke up to Dazzi barking and ran out to see what was wrong. Snoopy was in his crate seizing again. (The vet said that I should let him sleep there if that is normally where he sleeps because he would be more comfortable and also because if he was on a couch or bed he may fall off.) It wasn't as bad as the first one. He was laying on his side and drool was coming out of his mouth and he looked scared but he seemed to do okay with me rubbing his side and talking gently to him. (I was really nutso during that first one and I wonder if that made it worse???) He came out of it after a couple of minutes and then seemed dazed. He gets very thirsty and hungry after one and then he whines for a while. I laid on the couch next to his crate til he settled and then because Oreo and Jack wouldn't settle with me out there, I went back to bed. The rest of the night passed okay.

He is a little more laid back this morning. Since Snoopy is hyper that is saying alot. I can't wait for the vet's to open.

KYS
08-14-2004, 07:53 AM
I am sending oodles of thoughts and prayers for Snoopy.
Fingers and toes crossed that all goes well at the vets
and the medicine works.

(We had an old poodle mix that developed seizures
at an older age)

LorraineO
08-14-2004, 08:09 AM
Aww.. not surewwho I should worse for,, you or poor ol snoopy,,,,

Let us all know what happens,, and for heavens sake,, get on some good pet insurance,, I know that some meds for seizures can get very pricey!!!!

Cincy'sMom
08-14-2004, 08:55 AM
Poor Snoopes! I can't imagine watching that and feeling so clueless!

I talked to my mom a bit ago and the vet can't see him til 12:15. He is still not acting like himself...not barking when Taggert does, not jumping, just not beeing Snoopy. The way they came on so suddenly, and so strongly, I woner if it is a reation to something, a food, a virus, whatever.

Anyway, please keep the prayers and postive thoughts coming.

Pam
08-14-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by LorraineO
I know that some meds for seizures can get very pricey!!!!

I was lucky I guess because Ashley's Phenobarbitol was only about $7.00 for 100 pills. She took two a day so it lasted us 50 days. But, of course, that was years ago, since she went to the RB at the age of 14 in 1998.

Cincy's mom, thank you for the update. Snoopy sounds like he is acting much differently than my Ashley. She was fine within a few minutes of those early seizures and you would never know she had them. I will be checking in here today to see what the vet thinks is wrong. (((hugs to you and your mom)))

lovemyshiba
08-14-2004, 09:38 AM
I will be praying for dear Snoopy and you, Diana--I hope the vet can pinpoint the problem and cure it.
I've never had a dog who had seizures, but I'm sure it is very scary--I'm glad your neighbor was there to help.

Please keep us up to date.

chocolatepuppy
08-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Snoopy will be in my thoughts and prayers.

K9soul
08-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Oh no!! :( :( Poor Snoopy pup! I have never witnessed a seizure, human or dog, and I don't know much about it except that I do know there are a lot of treatments out there for it. I hope you are able to find out more and that if he needs treatment, it will be something effective that can put your mind at ease. I can only imagine how frightening that must have been. :(. My prayers will be with you and Snoopy! Keep us updated!

anna_66
08-14-2004, 10:01 AM
Oh our little Snoopy:( I'm so sorry Diana to hear about Snoopy's seizures. I don't blame you for being scared, I would have been too.
Thanks for the update this morning Amy. I hope when he gets to the vets they can either find out what's causing them or give you something so he won't have them any more. It doesn't sound like he's feeling too good this morning, I'm sorry to hear that. Please give him some loving from me. I just love that sweet boy so much.

Please let us know what the vets says as soon as you can. I'll be waiting for an update.

Prayers for your sweet little Snoopy boy.

Anna

Cincy'sMom
08-14-2004, 12:57 PM
I just talked to my mom and they are home from the vet. They drew blood and willuse that to check his electrolye levels to rule out problems with kidney, liver etc. Epilepsy itself won't show up, but it will rule out other things and to see if that may be the cause my elimination.

In the meantime, she has called in a prescription for Valium. That should help calm him and hopefully prevent more seizures. Once they get the blood work back they willdeicde whether to try phenobarbital or what they need to do. Snoopy hasn't had any more seizures since 2:30am, buthe is still whining quite a bit and just not being himself.

lovemyshiba
08-14-2004, 02:02 PM
More prayers on the way for good test results.
I hope they can find what is causing this. I'm happy to hear he hasn't had any more, and hopeful that the valium will calm him a bit.

anna_66
08-14-2004, 02:05 PM
Well I'm glad to hear he hasn't had any more seizures but it sure doesn't sound like he's being his happy little self either:(
Amy, when will your mom know the results of the tests? Soon I hope.
Prayers still coming.

Cincy'sMom
08-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by anna_66
Well I'm glad to hear he hasn't had any more seizures but it sure doesn't sound like he's being his happy little self either:(
Amy, when will your mom know the results of the tests? Soon I hope.
Prayers still coming.

She didn't say, but I'm guessing not before Monday or Tuesday at the earliest.

ChrisH
08-14-2004, 03:16 PM
Oh, dear, poor Snoopy. :( I will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers.

Chris

Uabassoon
08-14-2004, 03:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about what happened. I hope the results from the vet visit are good and that it's something that can be easily taken care of.

LorraineO
08-14-2004, 03:44 PM
could it possibly have anything to do with his brain? Just another possibility,,,, heaven forbid its that....
thinking of you and the Snoopy man!!

clara4457
08-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Hugs and prayers coming for the Snoopy dog - I hope he is feeling better soon.

4 Dog Mother
08-14-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi, I started to post after I got back from the vets but someone called and then I went to get his medication and from there I just forgot because I took Snoopy and the other dogs out to a friends so they could run since the others had not been anywhere to run since Wednesday night. Our dog run is small and they don't get to really run so I try to take them either to the dog park or to this friends as often as I can.

Amy's information is correct. The test results will be back sometime Tuesday. Then we go from there. They gave him five days worth of Valium - he takes 1 and 1/2 tablets 3 times a day. I gave him his first dose before we left and you could see when it started to take effect. He got a little "clumsy" and kept losing his balance. I think it will take him some time to adjust to the medication too. And he kept whining like he still wasn't feeling like himself. He wouldn't play either but did do some running.

As a little comic relief - on the way home from my friends, I got pulled over for a safety check. I was so worried that they would all bark at the officer. But no they all behaved beautifully. I guess you would have to see this to believe it. There is Dazzi and Taggert sitting up like kids on the back seat, Jack has the whole middle seat to himself and Snoopy is on the passenger seat. Oreo is laying on the passenger side floor. The officer came up just laughing and asking if they were all mine. he said he had stopped groomers before with a lot of dogs but this is the first time when all the dogs belonged to one person. Thank God all turn signals etc. worked so we passed the check. Snoopy climbed over onto my lap and practically climbed out the window to lick him. He was very nice and asked me about them and their ages - and how I walked them all. I showed him my handle that I attach them all to and he just laughed. He said well, now he had something to talk about! .

lizbud
08-14-2004, 04:31 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Snoopy's seizures. I would be
a basket case myself.I do hope this illness passes and he
gets to feeling like himself again soon. Prayers for Snoopy.:)

tatsxxx11
08-14-2004, 04:39 PM
Poor Snoops:( Poor MOM!:( Seizures are so frightening to watch, especially the Gran Mal type, which from all accounts, your baby had:( You must have been beside yourself with worry!
Thank goodness for kind neighbors and quick acting vets, for sure:) It sounds like Snoopy is in good hands all around! Prayers for you dear Snoopy, that the medic. will do the trick! It may take a bit of tweaking, but most pups have great success being controlled with medic. And thanks to Mr. Police Officer for being so kind and sweet with you and the pups. I'm sure it was a bright spot in your harrowing couple of days! HUGS to you precious Snoopy and slurpy licks from Star and Cody:) Please keep us updated! Love, Sandra

Kfamr
08-14-2004, 04:45 PM
Oh diana.. i'm so sorry. We'll be thinking of you guys..

Snoopy -- Please get back to the Snoopy we know!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid119/pbe6b42ae93230b6e72eabd905c245f07/f8755c43.jpg

Rachel
08-14-2004, 05:10 PM
This is so upsetting. The seizure Snoopy had seems as if it was rather severe. I can only imagine how frightening it was. I do hope it is only an epilepsy based problem and can be controlled with phenobarbitol. My friend has a dog who takes that and remains seizure free and just fine in every respect.

Snoopy, you just take it easy for awhile until your mom and vet can figure out what to do to help you. It will be okay.
Tucker sends *spotty* good wishes to the Snoopers.

4 Dog Mother
08-14-2004, 08:12 PM
Thanks everyone for your concern! Snoopy is still doing fine - no seizures to report, thank God! I will be giving him his second dose of Valium soon.

Kay, thanks for the picture of Snoopy - that picture shows everything I think of when I think of Snoopy - full of energy, running full speed ahead, full of the joy of living, loving and being loved. I just hope he doesn't lose that spirit with the medication.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid119/pbe6b42ae93230b6e72eabd905c245f07/f8755c43.jpg

Cinder & Smoke
08-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Hi God ~

We sure do need sum Help fur our Bark Park Buddie - Mr Snoopy!

An his MOM, Miz Diana, kuld sure uze a big GodsPawz {{{HUGG}}}
rite about now!

Pleeze keep Your eye on boff of em -
an Help em to Feel Better Soon.

You'll be gettin a Lotta Kallz on this wun, God!
Iffin Ya wuld, let Snoopy know we're All Crossin Pawz & Klawz -
an hopin he feels a Lot Better reel quick-like.

Thanks, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Sudilar
08-14-2004, 08:57 PM
Oh how scary!! I hope it is something that can be controlled with meds. Poor Snoopy, I feel so bad for you! You'll be in my prayers for a quick diagnosis and successful treatment! Hugs!

RobiLee
08-14-2004, 09:21 PM
Oh, Diana, I am so sorry you and Snoopy are going through this. What a scary time for you. I will be saying prayers for Snoopy and lots of positive thoughts will be coming your way. I hope the blood tests help to figure out what the problem is and that it will be something that is easy to take care of with medication and that Snoopy will be his good fun loving self again.

I giggled just thinking about you getting pulled over for the safety check with all the furkids. What a sight to see for that officer. Hugs for all the pups for being so well behaved!

{{{BIG HUGS}}} for you and Snoopy.......Robin :)

Cinder & Smoke
08-15-2004, 09:11 PM
Hey SNOOP ~

How ya feelin now, Snoopy Boy??

Hope the Medz are doin ya sum gud!

Try to *take it Eeee-z* ...
An Paleeze - get yurself Feelin Better!!

{{{HUGGz}}} to ya!

captain
08-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Diana,
I am so sorry I only got to see this now.
HUGS to you and the gorgeous spotty boy ............ I hope whatever it is can be controlled by medication .......... or even better, a single dose of medication :D

Love to you and the gang
Michelle

wolf_Q
08-15-2004, 10:32 PM
That must have been so frightening! I hope that Snoopy gets back to his old self soon and you can figure out what's going on!

RubyMutt
08-15-2004, 10:56 PM
Good thoughts going to you and Snoopy! Poor guy :( Best wishes at the vet, I hope Snoopy gets back to his usual self soon!

shais_mom
08-15-2004, 11:23 PM
Keegan sez,
GET WELL SOON SNOOPY!!!
my thoughts and prayers are with you!

MariaM
08-15-2004, 11:36 PM
I'm so sorry! I hope everything goes better for you! Last August I took care of my Aunt's RB dog Oscar for about 5 days. He had epilepsy I believe...he took 1 and a half pills each night. I'm not sure what kind they were, but I think they were rather expensive...I'm not too sure.

anna_66
08-16-2004, 07:28 AM
How ya feelin' this morning Snoops? Huney is sending much love your way (and so are the rest of us)!

pitc9
08-16-2004, 08:06 AM
I'm so sorry I just read this... (I haven't been on since Friday)

I sure hope he's feeling better!!!

4 Dog Mother
08-16-2004, 08:15 AM
The good news is Snoopy has not had any more seizures since he started the Valium. So his last one was at 2:00 a.m. Saturday morning. However he is still not back to being himself. He whines alot of the time. He is agitated and walks around like he doesn't know what he wants and he isn't playing with the other dogs. The Valium could be causing some of the restlessness but he was also acting this way before he started the medication. It will be tomorrow afternoon before we get the results of the blood test.

I just want my old Snoopy back. hyperness and all!

anna_66
08-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Awwww Snoopes. I'm sorry to hear you are so restless.
I sure hope the white coats can get you back to your old
self again soon.

Hugs & Kisses

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-16-2004, 09:17 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that Snoopy isn't well. But it is good that he hasn't had a seizure since being on the medicine. Poor boy, and poor you! I hope that he improves and that the results come back soon. We'll be praying for you.

robinh
08-16-2004, 09:44 AM
Prayers the white coats come up with answers and can get your Snoopy back to his old self soon.

LorraineO
08-16-2004, 10:06 AM
OH,, THE POOR LIL GUY,,,, hANG IN THERE sNOOPSTER,, YOULL BE CHASING AFTER YOUR MOMMYS FEET SOON....

Oh shoot,, sorry,, I didnt realize i was in caps....

Smilla
08-16-2004, 10:38 AM
So sorry to hear about Snoopy! Keeping my fingers crossed...

kimlovescats
08-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Prayers that Snoopy will be feeling back to his active and adorable self really soon!;)

phiala
08-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Oh I hope Snoopy will be ok! Ill cross my fingers for you guys!

tatsxxx11
08-16-2004, 06:46 PM
So glad to hear Snoops has not had another seizure. I'm sure the meds are making him feel a little disoriented. It may take a while to get his dosage adjusted, and for him to adjust to the meds, but I'll bet before long, he'll be feeling lots more like his old self. We're thinking of you Snoopy...lots of hugs to you sweetie:) Please keep us updated:)

Cinder & Smoke
08-17-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey Snoopy Boy ~

How ya Feelin, Lil Buddie???

Ask "Mom" to pop in here an give us an UppieDate, paleeze!

We're all still Krossin Pawz & Klawz an Prayin that you're
Feelin Better!!

We want ya Feelin GUD fur the Big Bark Park *BASH* over Labor Day! ;)

RobiLee
08-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Just popped in to let you know I'm thinking about ya, Snoop!!

Feel better real soon.

Robin :)

Cincy'sMom
08-17-2004, 04:59 PM
I talked to my mom today and got an update...the blood work didn't show anything, when tends to point to epilepsy. Mom thought it may be a reaction to weed killer that was put on a friend's yard, but I guess no toxins were found, and Round-Up tends to irritate the stomach, not the neurology.

I guess they are going to try him on Phenobarbital and see if that helps. He has not had anymore seizures, since satring the valium, but he is still whining a lot more then normal though, and that is why they are trying the phenobarb

anna_66
08-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Oh I hate when they don't know the problem:(

I just hope that Snoopy starts to feel more like himself soon.

4 Dog Mother
08-17-2004, 08:38 PM
Thanks Amy for updating for me. As Amy said the vet said the blood test showed nothing wrong. So she gave me 3 choices.1. Take him to Ohio State Vet lab and have a spinal tap and titres for various ticks etc. But there is still a very strong chance like 75% that no cause will be found. 2. We could wean him off Valium and see if he has another. Since we have pretty well decided he had 5 (3 mini ones) in less than 30 hours, she was not too crazy about doing that. or 3. Put him on phenabarbital with the possibility of weaning him off later.

I opted for starting him on meds because of the way he acted on Friday before the main seizure and is still acting today although his behaviour now could be from the Valium. He still is not the old Snoopy. He whines alot, is still very restless, has started barking at me like I should know what he wants and I don't cause he has been fed, watered, outside - everything I can think of. He does crazy things like jump out of the window of the car when we were going to the dog park (car hadn't started moving) and the window wasn't even half way down.

Because they didn't get it called in until later today, I have opted to start it in the morning when I can see his reaction. He will be still taking some Valium with it - a lower dose for awhile - but she thinks that until his body adjusts it will make him sleep most of the time. After 2 or 3 weeks he should be normal again. I can't imagine anything making Snoopy sleep most of the time so I will have to see that to believe it.

Please pray for Snoopy while we try to find a way for him to feel okay again.

joycenalex
08-17-2004, 09:01 PM
alex the wonder dog is living quite well with his epilepsy, and has for nearly 7 1/2 years. one of alexs' triggers are lawn chemicals. please join us at www.canine-epilepsy.com, www.cainie-epilepsy-guardian-angels.com and a yahoo site for dogs with epilepsy, whose email addy i cannot find at this minute. you will learn a lot. some dogs have a contrary reaction to the valium pills, and become more hyper. did the vets give you a prescription for liquid valium DURING the seizure to prevent further clusters? and if you have to come to osu, and alex had been a client there for several years, i'd be happy to go with you.

captain
08-17-2004, 10:14 PM
Joyce,
That was lovely of you to post about Alex.

Diane,
Hugs and kises to you and Snoopy. I hope the medication works, and that this is something he can get over soon.

Logan
08-17-2004, 11:17 PM
Snoopy is in my thoughts and prayers, Diana. Hang in there. He will get better!!!! :)

shais_mom
08-17-2004, 11:44 PM
I have been thinking of you constantly Diana and Snoopy.
Phenobarb is what Shaianne was on and it is pretty reasonably priced.
When you say that the bloodwork came back negative did they also run a thyroid panel? A coworker of mine has a golden that has been having seizures for years and she read an article that dogs with hypothyroid can have seizures. I don't know if Snoopy really has the other symptoms of low thyroid but it's worth checking out. Her dog has been on phenobarb for years and they ran a thyroid panel and it was very low, so he is off the seizure meds and on thyroid meds. I am so glad we found Keegan's hypothryoid before she had seizures, that was horrible once.
Keegan and I send our love Snoopy!!!

Cincy'sMom
08-18-2004, 06:24 AM
I didnt think about this before, but Milo also recently had his thyroid checked and went on meds. He lost a bunch of weight, but I'm not sure how it affected his seizures. I'll have to ask Monica about that.

Kona & Oreo's mom
08-18-2004, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry that the blood tests weren't more conclusive, and I hope that the new medicine will work well for him. Get well soon, Snoopy!

4 Dog Mother
08-18-2004, 08:21 PM
did the vets give you a prescription for liquid valium DURING the seizure to prevent further clusters? and if you have to come to osu, and alex had been a client there for several years, i'd be happy to go with you.

Joyce, No, the vet did not give me liquid valium for further clusters. I guess they felt that he would not have more if he was taking oral valium and now phenobarb.

If I decide to pursue the problem any further, I would be happy tohave company going to OSU so I will definitely let you know. Thanks for all your help - I will check out those web sites.

Cinder & Smoke
08-18-2004, 08:28 PM
pssssst....

Hey "Mom" ~

You forgot to mention -

How's Mr Snoopy DOIN??

;)

4 Dog Mother
08-19-2004, 09:47 AM
I gave Snoopy his first dose of phenabarb with the valium yesterday morning. He had started to adjust to the valium alone and was not whining quite as much and not quite as agitated. The two medicines together must have upset his equilibrium again because the whining has started again and he is just as restless and he has started barking at me like I should know what he wants - and I don't. The vet had said the pb would knock him out - he would probably only have enough energy to get up and go out to do his "business" and come back in to sleep until he adjusts to it in 2-3 weeks. Obviously she doesn't know Snoopy's make up. I am not sure anything would knock that boy out.

I had to go to Tiffin to take my mom to her oncologist yesterday afternoon so I am not sure how his time in his kennel went - I imagine he slept. But when I got home about 7:30 last night he was full of his usual energy. He has started to play with the other dogs some but he seems to be too rough as they - especially Dazzi - snaps at him warning him to calm down!

I am praying that this medicine does work, he adjusts to taking it and he calms down! I can't really be upset with him because I know he is feeling "different" and he doesn't know why either. Poor Snoopy!

dukedogsmom
08-19-2004, 09:49 AM
Poor Snoopy. I was hoping the news would be better. Maybe it just takes a little time and he'll be feeling more back to normal. He'll be in all our thoughts.

pitc9
08-19-2004, 09:59 AM
Oh Poor Snoopy... I hope everything works out!

anna_66
08-19-2004, 10:10 AM
Diana I really hope can adjust to the new medicine and gets back to being the Snoopy you know and love (sounds like he might be on his way!).

Cinder & Smoke
08-19-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother

... Obviously she doesn't know Snoopy's make up.
I am not sure anything would knock that boy out.

:D

Don't let 'em get ya down, Snoop!!

Here's HOPING he adjusts to the meds,
and that you can also lower the dosage soon.

FEEL BETTER Soon, Snoop!! ;)

cloverfdx
08-19-2004, 10:27 AM
Poor Snoopy, i realy hope he adjusts to the meds soon and gets back to his normal self again. He will be in my thoughts and prayers. {{Hugs}}

captain
08-19-2004, 05:31 PM
[i]Obviously she doesn't know Snoopy's make up. I am not sure anything would knock that boy out.
[/B]

That is the Dally in him ................:D

Hugs to you ..........

tatsxxx11
08-20-2004, 08:05 PM
Oh Snoops...Bet you wonder what these humans are doing to you sweetheart!:)

Diana, try not to be discouraged. It's probably going to take a bit of time and dosage adjustment before he levels out. Hard to see your baby not being himself I know:( Good thing is, no more seizures...fingers crossed! Hang in there Snoopy and Mom:)

chocolatepuppy
08-20-2004, 08:20 PM
Still have Snoopy in my thoughts and prayers. I hope he can get back to normal with this medication soon.