PDA

View Full Version : Pepper is not coming home

wayne0214
09-27-2002, 02:16 PM
My little long-fur tortie was diagnosed with advanced feline Leukemia today. The vet recommened that I put her to sleep, which I OK'd. " Can I see her", I asked. The vet brought her out. I wanted to hold her for the last time and bid her my farewells. As I cuddled her little emaciated and weak body, she looked at me with her sunken green eyes, and gave out a feeble purr. Then ,after a few minutes, I put her down for the last time. It is hard to take, when one, who has been with me through so much, suddenly becomes weak and emaciated, and then is diagnosed with an incurable disorder, and then is put to sleep-all of this happening in about 10 days. Before I went to Tucson last week, I notice that she was getting a little thin. When I came back, she was totally emaciated, and would not eat. I took her to the vet's yesterday, and was given the bad news today. This is my first experience with a genetically-induced blood disorder. I hope it is my last.

Remembering just last month, she used to run out the door, if I didn't watch her and frolic in the yard amidst the trees with her littermate, Tiara, catching grasshoppers, and bringing them into the house.

..............wayne

Uabassoon
09-27-2002, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm sure Pepper is feeling better now at the rainbow bridge, maybe Pepper is even playing with my Zasper who I recently lost. You gave Pepper a wonderful home with lots of love and I'm sure she appreciated it. You did all that you could. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Edwina's Secretary
09-27-2002, 02:19 PM
Please accept my condolences, Wayne. I am so sorry about little Pepper. May she be free from pain!

You're in my thoughts.

Sara

moosmom
09-27-2002, 02:26 PM
Oh Wayne, I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences. But know that she's free of pain and did not die alone.

Rest in peace little one.

margaret
09-27-2002, 02:38 PM
Wayne, I am so, so sorry about your sweet tortie, Pepper. :( I'm glad you got to see her, to make eye contact with her one last time before she went on to the Rainbow Bridge. Of course she loved you dearly, as much as you loved her, and now she will watch over you and live on in your memories. Farewell, Pepper.

Cinder & Smoke
09-27-2002, 02:42 PM
:(

Wayne ~

So very sorry that you had to send Pepper off to the Rainbow Bridge...

A very hard decision, but the right one.
She's free of pain now.

RIP, dear Pepper.

/s/ Phred

jenluckenbach
09-27-2002, 02:42 PM
I am in tears sitting here thinking about your terrible loss. My sympathy is with you as is everyone's. Try to be comforted in the fact that a death that happens fast is difficult, but it is better than one that lingers. She is pain free now, and you WILL see her again, at the rainbow bridge.

Randi
09-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear that Pepper had to go, but as you know, she's not in pain anymore. I'm glad you were able to be there with her to say goodbye! She has had a good life together with you!

Rest in peace sweet Pepper! :)

Cataholic
09-27-2002, 02:44 PM
Oh Wayne, I am so sorry about Pepper. Know that you were with her until the end, that she passed away knowing your love, and is in a better place now, pain free. It is the hardest thing to do the right thing, and you did the right thing. May you have comfort in knowing that. Take care.

Logan
09-27-2002, 02:46 PM
Wayne,
What a heart wrenching decision you had to make, but a good one, for the sake of your Pepper. You are very brave and a good "dad" to have spent some time with her before you let her go to a better place.
I am so sorry for your loss, and will certainly keep you and your Pepper in my prayers.
Logan :(

sasvermont
09-27-2002, 02:55 PM
(((((((((((((Wayne)))))))))))))))))))

You did the right thing. So sorry you have lost one of your fur babies.

:(

gini
09-27-2002, 03:51 PM
Wayne, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss of Pepper.

If you can think of her pain free - running, chasing and catching grasshoppers once again - with all of her friends - hopefully it will console you.

Hugs to you!

neko1
09-27-2002, 03:59 PM
We send our deepest condolences to you on the loss of Pepper.
Your decision was the right one and showed that you are a very caring owner. May the happy memories of you and Pepper live on in your heart forever,
lots of love and hugs to you from Neko, Cookie, Pumpkin, and Tama

Karen
09-27-2002, 04:11 PM
Oh Wayne, Pepper is home in heaven

Pepper went home today
Glad that you held her
Put her last effort
Into that last feeble purr

Wondering why she felt so weak
Knowing she wasn't getting strong
Tired, and kinda confused,
But glad, so glad for the pain to end.

Pepper is with you still
Sweet little tortie girl
Colored like no other,
Character all her own

Pepper is with you now,
Happy, whole and well again
Curled up sleeping the way cats do
In a corner of your heart

And she'll always be there
And in a quiet moment
When the world's asleep
Listen - shhh - listen ...

And there will be that purr
Rumbling softly, deep in your chest
Close your eyes and see that face
She's with you now, and always.

Sleep tight, Pepper, we love you!

toughCookie
09-27-2002, 04:24 PM
Wayne

oh I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I lost a cat earlier this year, so I know the pain you feel. it really cuts deep doesn't it?
I am so sorry. you have so many memories of your kitty, but I know it is fresh now, and the memories hurt right now.
I now there's not alot anyone can say. Just a day at a time.
well I just wanted to tell you I am sorry about this news.

Mary

koxka
09-27-2002, 06:40 PM
Wayne accept my condolences for the lost of your loved Pepper.Farewells are heartbreaking and I'm sorry you are in pain now.This last expression of love for each other is something precious that will last forever.
You and Pepper are in my thoughts.

Anna

tatsxxx11
09-27-2002, 07:25 PM
Oh, Wayne, I'm so sad to hear the news of Pepper's passing:( Saying goodbye to a beloved furkid like Pepper is so hard. Although you are in a great deal of pain and in a place of much saddness right now, I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that Pepper is no longer suffering or in pain. Your final act of love, sharing your love for her in her last moments, gave her great comfort. Her last memories will be of her loving Daddy, holding her and comforting. One day you and precious Pepper will be together again. Till then, know that your sweet Pepper girl is healthy and whole again, chasing grasshoppers and looking forward to your happy reunion. Love and comforting hugs from Sandra, Oliver and Mr. B.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-27-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
Try to be comforted in the fact that a death that happens fast is difficult, but it is better than one that lingers.

Oh Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear about poor little Pepper. :( But I couldn't agree more with jenluckenbach's statement above. You gave her a good life and she knew you were there in the end and I believe her last little purr was to comfort you and to let you know that you were doing the right thing.

Rest in Peace little Pepper, and take care of yourself too, Wayne.

*hugs*

AmberLee
09-27-2002, 11:09 PM
Oh, Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. What a shock for you coming so quickly. I believe your staying with her and comforting her in her final minutes must have helped Pepper pass easily. Holding you both in our thoughts and prayers.

Amber L.

Miss Meow
09-27-2002, 11:22 PM
Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear about Pepper. We are thinking of you.

wayne0214
09-28-2002, 07:10 AM
Thanks all, for your replies and concern. It is not known how much each furkid is part of a family, until you loose one of them. When I took her to the vets' I had an notion to let her go, but even then that was hard to take. Thinking to myself, maybe there is hope, I will take her regardless. Also, because of her active life style until last week. I had often read about cats who had this disease, but this is my first experience with it. The vet found no other disease or malfunction of her system except the leukemia. So, I'll bid farewell to Pepper. I think what is hard to take is her little feeble purr and her look at me during those last moments. I do not know if animals come back again in new bodies. But whether they do or not, it was a joy to have Pepper , since I was with her at birth, in March or April, this year. Personality wise, she was not spectactular, but was considerate, and not demanding, as some I have, and was easy to handle. She was not a lap-cat, but would lay in your lap if your picked her up an petted her. I suppose the most obvious factor of her personality was her obedience. She seldom raced off to do her own thing, after she had been directed at something else. Thanks again all, as I knew I could count on all of you for condolences and comfort.

............wayne

AmberLee
09-28-2002, 02:44 PM
Oh my, I hadn't realized how young she was. Wow, that personality in a kitten of less than six months! Oh my!

wayne0214
09-28-2002, 04:11 PM
Amberlee, she was part of the litter of Tiara, a short-fur tortie, and Silver Prince, my all blue maine coon. Speaking of silver Prince, he weighs as much, and is as big, as Tiger. Probably about 10 lbs. and is only 6 months old!

Lynn101
09-28-2002, 04:27 PM
I am so sorry. That is one of the sadest things I have ever heard. I am sure Pepper is in a better place now. Don't worry Wayne. You will go on, it's just some tough times.

Lynn101

Piglet
09-28-2002, 04:31 PM
So sorry for your loss. It's so much harder to accept when a pet dies at such a young age. It always amazes me how short a time it takes to love an animal. I can't believe it's only two weeks ago that new kitten Toby came into our home, I can't imagine life without him now.

krazyaboutkatz
09-28-2002, 10:46 PM
Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad that you were with her until the end and that you got to say goodbye. Although she was very young, try to remember all the good times that you had with her. I'm sure you'll meet again some day. Rest in peace little Pepper.

lynnestankard
09-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Wayne {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} you must feel so sad now that Pepper's gone to Rainbow Bridge. She's not in pain and she's probably playing along with all our RB furkids.
I bet that furbaby will be so well looked after - all the Big MommaCats are going to adore her.
It was time for her to go and her daddy said goodbye. You were so brave.

Lynne

wayne0214
09-29-2002, 06:27 PM
Lynne, thanks for your thoughts. ....and with no tears either,( at least at the vets.)