Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pepper is not coming home

Pepper is not coming home

My little long-fur tortie was diagnosed with advanced feline Leukemia today. The vet recommened that I put her to sleep, which I OK'd. " Can I see her", I asked. The vet brought her out. I wanted to hold her for the last time and bid her my farewells. As I cuddled her little emaciated and weak body, she looked at me with her sunken green eyes, and gave out a feeble purr. Then ,after a few minutes, I put her down for the last time. It is hard to take, when one, who has been with me through so much, suddenly becomes weak and emaciated, and then is diagnosed with an incurable disorder, and then is put to sleep-all of this happening in about 10 days. Before I went to Tucson last week, I notice that she was getting a little thin. When I came back, she was totally emaciated, and would not eat. I took her to the vet's yesterday, and was given the bad news today. This is my first experience with a genetically-induced blood disorder. I hope it is my last.

Remembering just last month, she used to run out the door, if I didn't watch her and frolic in the yard amidst the trees with her littermate, Tiara, catching grasshoppers, and bringing them into the house.

..............wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 09-27-2002 at 03:06 PM.

I'm sorry to hear about this. I'm sure Pepper is feeling better now at the rainbow bridge, maybe Pepper is even playing with my Zasper who I recently lost. You gave Pepper a wonderful home with lots of love and I'm sure she appreciated it. You did all that you could. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Please accept my condolences, Wayne. I am so sorry about little Pepper. May she be free from pain!

You're in my thoughts.

Sara

Oh Wayne, I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences. But know that she's free of pain and did not die alone.

Rest in peace little one.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Wayne, I am so, so sorry about your sweet tortie, Pepper. I'm glad you got to see her, to make eye contact with her one last time before she went on to the Rainbow Bridge. Of course she loved you dearly, as much as you loved her, and now she will watch over you and live on in your memories. Farewell, Pepper.
    margaret

Saima and Miko

Wayne ~

So very sorry that you had to send Pepper off to the Rainbow Bridge...

A very hard decision, but the right one.
    She's free of pain now.

RIP, dear Pepper.

/s/ Phred

I am in tears sitting here thinking about your terrible loss. My sympathy is with you as is everyone's. Try to be comforted in the fact that a death that happens fast is difficult, but it is better than one that lingers. She is pain free now, and you WILL see her again, at the rainbow bridge.

Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear that Pepper had to go, but as you know, she's not in pain anymore. I'm glad you were able to be there with her to say goodbye! She has had a good life together with you!

Rest in peace sweet Pepper!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh Wayne, I am so sorry about Pepper. Know that you were with her until the end, that she passed away knowing your love, and is in a better place now, pain free. It is the hardest thing to do the right thing, and you did the right thing. May you have comfort in knowing that. Take care.

Wayne,
    What a heart wrenching decision you had to make, but a good one, for the sake of your Pepper. You are very brave and a good "dad" to have spent some time with her before you let her go to a better place.
    I am so sorry for your loss, and will certainly keep you and your Pepper in my prayers.
    Logan

R. I. P. Pepper

(((((((((((((Wayne)))))))))))))))))))

You did the right thing. So sorry you have lost one of your fur babies.

Wayne, I am so very sorry to hear of your loss of Pepper.

If you can think of her pain free - running, chasing and catching grasshoppers once again - with all of her friends - hopefully it will console you.

Hugs to you!

We send our deepest condolences to you on the loss of Pepper.
    Your decision was the right one and showed that you are a very caring owner. May the happy memories of you and Pepper live on in your heart forever,
    lots of love and hugs to you from Neko, Cookie, Pumpkin, and Tama

Oh Wayne, Pepper is home in heaven

Pepper went home today
    Glad that you held her
    Put her last effort
    Into that last feeble purr

Wondering why she felt so weak
    Knowing she wasn't getting strong
    Tired, and kinda confused,
    But glad, so glad for the pain to end.

Pepper is with you still
    Sweet little tortie girl
    Colored like no other,
    Character all her own

Pepper is with you now,
    Happy, whole and well again
    Curled up sleeping the way cats do
    In a corner of your heart

And she'll always be there
    And in a quiet moment
    When the world's asleep
    Listen - shhh - listen ...

And there will be that purr
    Rumbling softly, deep in your chest
    Close your eyes and see that face
    She's with you now, and always.

Sleep tight, Pepper, we love you!

Wayne

oh I am so sorry to hear about your cat. I lost a cat earlier this year, so I know the pain you feel. it really cuts deep doesn't it?
    I am so sorry. you have so many memories of your kitty, but I know it is fresh now, and the memories hurt right now.
    I now there's not alot anyone can say. Just a day at a time.
    well I just wanted to tell you I am sorry about this news.

Mary