PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer for my dear Zac

Zac and Zoe's Mum
04-19-2007, 08:17 AM
Please, please say a prayer for my beloved Zac. he's in hospital at the moment, having a blood transfusion. He's only 7 years old.

He was diagnosed with CRF just over a year ago, but he managed to bounce back from that initial crash and he's been his normal, happy, loving self ever since - until last Sunday. I took him to the emergency vet when he started drinking water then vomiting shortly after. I thought (hoped) I was just being an overprotective mother - he really didn't seem that sick. But he was. He was put onto IV fluids, and seemed to be doing well. His numbers came down and he started to eat (especially when I fed him his old favourite non-kidney food from a spoon!). He was quite aenemic, but seemed to be coping - until his blood count dropped to 11% this afternoon - hence the blood transfusion.

To make things even worse, an ultrasound showed his heart was also damaged. How much can go wrong for one little cat?

I hate that my first ever Pet Talk message is such a sad one (I've been reading for ages, always meaning to join), but he's so precious and I love him so much - I know everyone here understands how much - and praying is the only thing left I can think of to do for him.

Dawn (Zac and Zoe's Mum)

AbbyMom
04-19-2007, 12:06 PM
Of course Pet Talk prayers are on the way for dear Zac. We all understand.

Zac, get better, you hear?

Catty1
04-19-2007, 12:27 PM
PT PRAYERS FOR ZAC!

If the heart damage is not too bad, he could make it. There are lots of cats that live long lives with bad heart murmurs.

Please keep us posted!

kb2yjx
04-19-2007, 06:46 PM
Hi Dawn and welcome!!! I have 3 kidney cats. One, Nicholas(who could be Zac's twin)who is controlled by diet. Then there are the girls, Molly Meu(14 yrs) and Raven(11yrs). The both eat a kidney diet and get sub q fluids three times a week. In Raven's case, it has been well over 6 years. Our seven year old, Riley, was found to have heart problems at age 7 months. He has been symptom free and takes no meds. A cardiac ultrasound is done every 2 years. We all are hoping that Zac will be back to his old self in a few weeks!! Prayers for Zac, and you, too!!! The Campbell Clan of Cats,
Norton(15), Molly Meu(14), Raven(11), Tina Peepers(almost 11), Nicholas(almost 11), Riley(7), Hayley(almost 3), and Hope Simone(1)

DrKym
04-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Many prayers and blessings heading his way!
Welcome to PT also!

Freedom
04-19-2007, 07:15 PM
First, welcome to Pet Talk. I too am sorry that your first post is a health issue.

Zac is quite a handsome guy! Sending hugs and prayers to Zac and you and your family.

Zac and Zoe's Mum
04-19-2007, 08:44 PM
Thankyou, everyone, for your kind thoughts.

I just spoke to his vet and the news isn't that good. The transfusion seems to have worked - his blood count has improved and he's sitting up, but his breathing is a bit heavy. She thinks his heart may be giving him problems and he may have fluid in his lungs. He's going to have a chest xray now.

Taz_Zoee
04-19-2007, 09:54 PM
Welcome to PT, and you and Zac will be in my thoughts.
Come on Zac, you gotta get better so we can see more beautiful pictures of you and Zoe. :D

Catty1
04-19-2007, 10:23 PM
More PT Prayers for Zac!

{{{{hugs}}}}

Zac and Zoe's Mum
04-20-2007, 01:16 AM
The x-ray showed his lungs were full of fluid - his little heart just couldn't cope any more - it was in a very bad state. And the toxins in his blood shot up again.

There was nothing anyone could do to make him better, even breathing was a struggle.

I held him in my arms and he just went to sleep. He knows how much I love him.

Laura's Babies
04-20-2007, 06:31 AM
I am so sorry that such a sad thing is what motivated you to joining. Maybe when you are feeling better, you can post pictures of him and share stories of him with us. He knew he was loved and he had a great life with you, just remind yourself that so many fur babies don't ever know the love of a human or the security of a good home. It is so hard when we loose one, they are an important part of our lives and family.

Pawsitive Thinking
04-20-2007, 06:42 AM
RIP dear little Zac.

I am sorry that he died Dawn but he will be playing happily with his new friends at Rainbow Bridge and he made sure that his meowmie found a whole new bunch of friends before he went. Welcome to PT - we are here to share the good times and the bad

TopCat3
04-20-2007, 08:16 AM
I'm so sorry Dawn. RIP Zac.

That is very sad, but he went peacefully surrounded by love and as someone else said, knowing you had found new friends with whom to share your grief.

When you are able to remember the good times and share some pictures, please do that too.

Welcome aboard the board!

From the TopCats in Sydney

Cleo, Colette and their mum.

jani
04-20-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Zac, but you did everything right for him especially all the love that you gave him.

jani

Medusa
04-20-2007, 07:40 PM
Zac knew how much he was loved and he'll be waiting for you to greet you one day. You'll be together again. Just know that you did the best you could. Zac knows it, too.

Catty1
04-20-2007, 08:02 PM
{{{{hugs}}}}

rosethecopycat
04-21-2007, 07:11 AM
RainbowsBridge.com

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....*

Author unknown...

Zac is there waiting for you, no longer struggling.
There will be a grand reunion, One Fine Day.

Godspeed, Zac

Zac and Zoe's Mum
04-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Thankyou all so much for thinking of us, and thankyou rosethecopycat for the beautiful Rainbow Bridge poem. I know my sweet Zacky is happily playing with his new friends and if I close my eyes I can see him racing towards me now, with his funny little lopsided run, just as he always did when we called him in from the garden.

We've been giving his sister Zoe lots and lots of hugs and kisses. She's his actual sister - they're littermates, my twins. She's sitting in the chair beside me as I type this with her head on my lap. I'm so glad my Zoe is here.

I've been looking through the hundreds of photos I have of Zac. I will write a memorial for him - I want everyone to see how handsome he was.

Dawn

Catty1
04-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Dawn - I can sort of picture a lopsided gallop - how cute that must have looked!

Although a memorial is sad, I am looking forward to seeing your pics of handsome Zac!

{{{{hugs}}}}

kb2yjx
04-22-2007, 12:48 PM
It is so hard to lose a really good friend. Sleep softly, sweet Zac...

phesina
04-22-2007, 03:27 PM
I am so sorry to read of Zac's passing. My deepest sympathy for your loss.

Zac is a wonderful cat, and his spirit is peaceful and happy now at the Rainbow Bridge. You gave him a wonderful life.

Hugs and love,
Pat

The x-ray showed his lungs were full of fluid - his little heart just couldn't cope any more - it was in a very bad state. And the toxins in his blood shot up again.

There was nothing anyone could do to make him better, even breathing was a struggle.

I held him in my arms and he just went to sleep. He knows how much I love him.

Freedom
04-22-2007, 05:30 PM
RIP Zac. Hugs to Zoe and mom and all.

sam5263
04-22-2007, 10:03 PM
I am very sorry to hear about Zac, and my heart goes out to you. He was a very beautiful cat. Perhaps he and my recently departed baby have met by now. Though Zac only lived to be seven, I bet you gave him the best 7 years a cat could want.

krazyaboutkatz
04-22-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Zac's passing.:( He sure was a handsome boy and I know he knew that he was loved very much. RIP sweet Zac.:(