Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please say a prayer for my dear Zac

Please say a prayer for my dear Zac

Please, please say a prayer for my beloved Zac. he's in hospital at the moment, having a blood transfusion. He's only 7 years old.

He was diagnosed with CRF just over a year ago, but he managed to bounce back from that initial crash and he's been his normal, happy, loving self ever since - until last Sunday. I took him to the emergency vet when he started drinking water then vomiting shortly after. I thought (hoped) I was just being an overprotective mother - he really didn't seem that sick. But he was. He was put onto IV fluids, and seemed to be doing well. His numbers came down and he started to eat (especially when I fed him his old favourite non-kidney food from a spoon!). He was quite aenemic, but seemed to be coping - until his blood count dropped to 11% this afternoon - hence the blood transfusion.

To make things even worse, an ultrasound showed his heart was also damaged. How much can go wrong for one little cat?

I hate that my first ever Pet Talk message is such a sad one (I've been reading for ages, always meaning to join), but he's so precious and I love him so much - I know everyone here understands how much - and praying is the only thing left I can think of to do for him.

Dawn (Zac and Zoe's Mum)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Of course Pet Talk prayers are on the way for dear Zac. We all understand.

Zac, get better, you hear?
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

PT PRAYERS FOR ZAC!

If the heart damage is not too bad, he could make it. There are lots of cats that live long lives with bad heart murmurs.

Please keep us posted!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hi Dawn and welcome!!! I have 3 kidney cats. One, Nicholas(who could be Zac's twin)who is controlled by diet. Then there are the girls, Molly Meu(14 yrs) and Raven(11yrs). The both eat a kidney diet and get sub q fluids three times a week. In Raven's case, it has been well over 6 years. Our seven year old, Riley, was found to have heart problems at age 7 months. He has been symptom free and takes no meds. A cardiac ultrasound is done every 2 years. We all are hoping that Zac will be back to his old self in a few weeks!! Prayers for Zac, and you, too!!! The Campbell Clan of Cats,
    Norton(15), Molly Meu(14), Raven(11), Tina Peepers(almost 11), Nicholas(almost 11), Riley(7), Hayley(almost 3), and Hope Simone(1)
    Nine is Fine!!

Many prayers and blessings heading his way!
    Welcome to PT also!
    Merry Holidays to One an All Blessed be

First, welcome to Pet Talk. I too am sorry that your first post is a health issue.

Zac is quite a handsome guy! Sending hugs and prayers to Zac and you and your family.

News not so good

Thankyou, everyone, for your kind thoughts.

I just spoke to his vet and the news isn't that good. The transfusion seems to have worked - his blood count has improved and he's sitting up, but his breathing is a bit heavy. She thinks his heart may be giving him problems and he may have fluid in his lungs. He's going to have a chest xray now.

Welcome to PT, and you and Zac will be in my thoughts.
    Come on Zac, you gotta get better so we can see more beautiful pictures of you and Zoe.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

More PT Prayers for Zac!

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

He's gone ....

The x-ray showed his lungs were full of fluid - his little heart just couldn't cope any more - it was in a very bad state. And the toxins in his blood shot up again.

There was nothing anyone could do to make him better, even breathing was a struggle.

I held him in my arms and he just went to sleep. He knows how much I love him.

I am so sorry that such a sad thing is what motivated you to joining. Maybe when you are feeling better, you can post pictures of him and share stories of him with us. He knew he was loved and he had a great life with you, just remind yourself that so many fur babies don't ever know the love of a human or the security of a good home. It is so hard when we loose one, they are an important part of our lives and family.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

RIP dear little Zac.

I am sorry that he died Dawn but he will be playing happily with his new friends at Rainbow Bridge and he made sure that his meowmie found a whole new bunch of friends before he went. Welcome to PT - we are here to share the good times and the bad
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I'm so sorry Dawn. RIP Zac.

That is very sad, but he went peacefully surrounded by love and as someone else said, knowing you had found new friends with whom to share your grief.

When you are able to remember the good times and share some pictures, please do that too.

Welcome aboard the board!

From the TopCats in Sydney

Cleo, Colette and their mum.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

zac

I'm so sorry to hear about Zac, but you did everything right for him especially all the love that you gave him.

jani

Zac knew how much he was loved and he'll be waiting for you to greet you one day. You'll be together again. Just know that you did the best you could. Zac knows it, too.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11