Thread: Satellite TV question

Satellite TV question

Here's probably the stupidest question I'll ever ask:
    There was a TV show hubby wanted to show his students so we saved it using the satellite TV DVR thingie. Now, how does he get it to something he can take to school? As far as we understand, its only saved to our tv and we can't even see that show on any other tv in the house. Does that make sense?

The only way we were thinking is perhaps playing the tv show and recording it as it plays with a VCR tape.... there surely must be a better way than that, yes? no? HELP!

Well, you CAN call the cable company and ask for a copy of it. Sometimes they sell them for about $30.

Good luck!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

As far as we understand, its only saved to our tv and we can't even see that show on any other tv in the house. Does that make sense?
    Absolutely. It's on the hard drive of the DVR box. We have one of those, also, from our cable company. Sorry - I don't know anymore about it than you do. I'm sure there must be a way to record it on a DVD.

If you brought the DVR box to school, you could show it, but that would be more cumbersome than playing the DVR through a VCR to get a recording.