Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hotels/camping Memorial day Findlay bash

hotels/camping Memorial day Findlay bash

I'll be needing a place to stay Sat & Sun night and was wondering about places to stay.

Does anyone organize anything with local hotels?
    Would they offer a group discount if we had a few people that would rent a room for the weekend?

I know I mentioned camping before and if there enough people interested I will camp. If not I will just be getting a room.

Or do other PT'ers in the area open their doors to out of staters? If so does anyone have room for a Kaige & me?

I need to save as much money as possible so if anyone is interested in sharing a room I am game. I even have AAA so if we don't get a group discount we can at least get my AAA discount.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

if I could go, (which I think I will) I wanna camp! well, since how close we're to each other, maybe we carpool and roompool? lol. me AAA too, wonder if that makes double discount? hope it's one of AAA hotels.

I think you should post this in other bash thread too, you'll probably get more people reading & answers?
    Last edited by Gina's Ark Inc.; 02-15-2006 at 05:03 PM. Reason: weird sidekick.. ;)
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Just bumping, wondering if anyone has/will look into hotel rates & the such.

I know on most other pet forums, when there are meetings someone organizes motel rooms because when you have a group of people most hotels offer a discount. Of course this has to be done in advance.

If no one is doing this I will, but I know nothing about the area, I don't what hotels are close or what ones are decent.

I need to know how many people there will be. Sorry to be annoying but to get a group discount you need to book in advance, especially for a holiday weekend.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I'm 99% sure I'm going and so is my mom. We can't camp though unless if it's in a cabin because my mom has to have a breathing machine at night and needs electricity.

It's also possible that my brother and dad are coming, though I doubt it.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs

Does anyone organize anything with local hotels?
    Would they offer a group discount if we had a few people that would rent
    a room for the weekend?

I know I mentioned camping before and if there enough people interested I will camp.
    If not I will just be getting a room.
    We've never had too many folks stay overnight.
    Most of the Motel Chains won't offer a discount till you reserve 10 rooms -
    and we've NEVER had 10 groups stay for a night!

The "less expensive" motels charge between $35 to $45 per night.
    There are a few Camping Sites near Findlay - I never checked on their prices.

Do a http://www.Google.com search using "Findlay, OH" and camping or campsites.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke
    We've never had too many folks stay overnight.
    Most of the Motel Chains won't offer a discount till you reserve 10 rooms -
    and we've NEVER had 10 groups stay for a night!

The "less expensive" motels charge between $35 to $45 per night.
    There are a few Camping Sites near Findlay - I never checked on their prices.

Do a http://www.Google.com search using "Findlay, OH" and camping or campsites.

For some reason I thought/assumed that more than 10 people came from out of town & stayed the night for the big PT bash on Memorial Day weekend. Oh well it was worth a shot I guess. lol At least I have AAA so I can get some sort of discount if I stay at a motel. lol

Do you know anything about the motels in the area?
    Are the "less expensive" motels pretty decent? And do they allow dogs?

If not do you know what motels are the closest that may allow dogs that you think are nice? (I don't need a fancy/pricey motel, as long as it's clean & allows dogs I'm all set. (that is if I even stay in a motel... just waiting to hear deffinates from others)

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs
    For some reason I thought/assumed that more than 10 people came from out of town & stayed the night for the big PT bash on Memorial Day weekend.

I think Phred said 10 rooms need to be booked to receive the discount. I am sure more than 10 people go.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I have only stayed at one hotel in Findlay, and that was back in high school, and it has since changed names, so I don't really know how nice they are inside. There really aren't any "bad" areas of town though, so you don't have to worry about getting into an inner city hotel that you might feel uncomfortable in. I think Kay and her dad stayed in a hotel one year they came up, although I don't remember which one.

If you want something closer to the dog park, look for something on the east side of town, on Tiffin Avenue, further east of Main Street. Most the rest are right on I-75, and although 15-20 minutes from the dog park, it is easy to get to.

Well thanks for all the help.
    Looks like I'll just wait a little bit longer to hear back from a few people to see if they know for sure if they are camping or not. If I don't hear anything too promising too soon I'll just book a hotel room for me I guess. I'll probably give it a couple more weeks then I'll book a room. I'd give it more time if I could but I know booking rooms and reserving campsites on major holiday weekends have to done well in advance.

So in case no one can/wants to camp anyone want to share a room with Kaige & I? I get AAA discount.

sue, I'm coming! if you can't remember.

phred, you never know. four of my friends thought about wanting to come along too - so that might help the ten! we still pay a little if there's ten people coming, right? without discount.

well, looks like not much will roompool with us because most of them live close to findlay park..? but anyway, I'll be able to room with or drive back.

sorry about unfinish post above!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Sue,
    We've stayed in this hotel before..
    http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...p_city=Findlay

It's right down the street from the park! Still trying to get my dad to let us go, who knows where we'll be staying!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr

Sue,
    We've stayed in this hotel before..
    http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...p_city=Findlay

SUPER 8 MOTEL - FINDLAY
    1600 Fox Street
    US 224 & Fox Street
    Findlay , Ohio 45840
    419-422-8863

It's right down the street from the park!
    Still trying to get my dad to let us go, who knows where we'll be staying!

"It's Right Down the Street from the Park ???"

Uhhhh, it's about 7 miles and 15 minutes driving time from the Dog Park.

Super 8 Rates per night:
    1 person = $45.00
    2 persons = $50.00
    3 pesrons = $55.00
    4 persons = $60.00

Bed sizes range from one Queen to two Kings

They also TRY to charge $5.00 PER Dog per night ... a little objecting and
    they usually drop the extra charge for dogs.

Cinder, Smokey, Bowser and I have stayed at this Super 8 -
    not the Fanciest Place in town, but it's fairly clean and far enough away from I-75
    that you don't hear trucks all night.
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

This sounds like a lot of fun and I really wish I could make it. I'd love to get the chance to meet everyone. Oh well maybe next year...

I don't know if this helps or even if there is one near by, but I got through a few states staying at Motel 6 with Hunter, I didn't even need a reservation except at the Grand Canyon. They accept 1 pet (don't care about size) w/o a deposit. Their not high end just comfortable and I ranged from $35-$65/night depending on what city I was staying in.

http://hotel-guides.us/ohio/findlay-oh-hotels.html

This link will take you to a whole page of Findlay hotels. I see several that are listed as pet friendly. Haven't stayed in them, so I don't know how they are, but I'll ask around at work at the mall Friday night and see if I can find out anything. I'll get a local map and see how far they are, too. There is also one camp ground listed in the phone book that might work, it's a little farther away, though. I'll call. You can camp in a tent right near the dogpark enclosure for like a buck a night. But it's "primitive camping", they hold revolutionary & civil war rendevouz here every year.

Unless they changed the location of the dog park, it only took us a few minutes to get to the dog park from there. I didn't mean literally right down the street, but it's really easy to get to the dog park!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits