Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm's Dental Cleaning Update

Storm's Dental Cleaning Update

Hi, I dropped Storm off this morning to have his teeth cleaned. He ended up having to have one of his lower first molars extracted. They said that this tooth was causing him a lot of pain. He also has another tooth that has a very tiny cavity in it so we need to keep an eye on it. He's been home for almost 4 hours now and is doing very well. He'll be on pain meds and antibiotics 2 times a day until they're gone. He's hasn't been eating as much food as he used to for quite a while now and it may have been because of his bad tooth. I'm so glad that I brought him in for a dental cleaning. Please send him some get well wishes. Thanks.

~~~~ healing vibes ~~~~ for your fuzzy darling. Sorry to hear he was in pain; glad he's better now.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Get better soon, dear Storm! You deserve a whole extra portion of treats now!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Oh poor Storm! Samantha sympathises, having gone through the same thing a couple of months ago. Lots of happy vibes coming Stormy's way!

I am so glad you took Storm in- he'll feel much better without that bad toothie. Healing vibes coming over and some head scritchies too

Get well soon, Storm! Kisses and scritches

OK Storm, Mommy feels sorry for you. Milk it for all it's worth!

That means extra treats, cuddling, playtime and YOUR favorite show on the TV.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Thanks everyone. Storm was doing very well last night and ate normally but this morning he's now refusing to eat. I called my vets office and they said that it could be due to his pain medication because this will slow down his system so he may still feel full from last night. I'm stopping the pain medication for now and hopefully he'll be hungry tonight. He's very lethargic and just wants to sleep.

Maybe try 1/2 the dose so he is comfortable but not "out of it" so to speak
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Storm's back to normal again. He was very hungry tonight and alert.

Well done, Storm!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

The Saga Continues

Storm's been doing very well until today. He refused to eat his breakfast and just wanted to sleep all day. He seemed more alert at dinner time so I thought he'd eat his dinner. No he didn't want his dinner but wanted Sky's dinner so I had to give in and let him eat some of Sky's even though he's supposed to be on a special diet for his struvite crystal problem. Soon all of the cats will be on his special diet so I hope he'll learn to eat this food again.

Storm's Not Eating

Storm's acting more normal today but he's not interested in eating anything. I'm taking him to the vet at 3pm today so I'll update you when I get home. I sure hope it's nothing serious and that he'll start eating on his own very soon.

Keeping fingers crossed for you. Hope he's well soon!

Update

The vet thinks that Storm's stomach is upset because of the antibiotics and he's on Clavamox which is known to cause this. He was given some sub-q fluids and an antibiotic injection so hopefully he'll be his normal self by tomorrow morning. His teeth look wonderful.