Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A stupid question.

A stupid question.

Has anyone ever asked you a really stupid question about your pets?

Someone asked me once, the first time I introduced bunny to them

'why does it's ears hang down like that'?

LOL! LOL! LOL!

I ask you, some people just have no clue do they???

Stupid People

I can't say I've gotten stupid questions but I do get stupid, and I do mean stupid, not funny, stories. And they always start out "I had a pet rabbit BUT...." I'm not sure why they think I want to hear how careless, thoughtless, stupid, cruel, ignorant they were...and how they justify their careless, thoughtless stupidity....

Many of the stories would make you sick. I guess it's part of being in the rescue/sanctuary business but so often I have to BITE my tongue and work very hard not to yell at them. Some days I can handle it and some days I can't.

Re: A stupid question.

[i]

'why does it's ears hang down like that'?

LOL! LOL! LOL!

[/B]
    What occurred to me is that sometimes, people really DON'T know! Perhaps they have never heard of a lop earred rabbit and this can then be your opportunity. Most of us on Pet Talk know a lot about many different kinds of animals. We learn from each other in our posts and most of us are addicted to television shows about animals. But there are so many poeple out there who have never known the joy of living with any kind of animal and know hardly anything about the animal kingdom.

Forgive me, but I guess I am trying to take a kinder approach - and explaining why your rabbit's ears hang down could be a real first for them. If they don't get it - or lose interest - then you know who you are dealing with...............

Not any honest questions that I can think of really, but I used to get alot of dumb comments whenever I would post my pics of my cats at this other forum I used to visit. People would make comments like "Did you cat run into a wall or something?" and so on... How funny of them *extremely sarcastic*

Please sign my guestbook if you have the time

Not really a "Stupid" question but I have had people around here argue with me that, "Louie IS NOT a purebred Corgi. Corgi's only come in Red &White."
    Sometimes it is a pain to have to tell them they are WRONG. I travelled 1/2 way across the state to find a Tri-Color Corgi. His parents were Red & Whites. Just last week I had some Pompous Arse tell me I must have gotten "jipped" by the breeder! Yes, Heather sometimes it is FRUSTRATING the questions some people ask. I try to be nice and Educate them though.... but sometimes ya just wanna ask your own stupid question like, "How'd you make it out of Kindergarten? DUH!".... Ok I need to be nice... Guess I'm still smarting from "Stupid Question" last week. Sorry for ranting.

Speaking of stupid....

My boss comes into the lunch room the other day and says he has a horse/mouse story for us. Says his mom is moving and they have a barn and the realator said it smelled like horse. I guess he had a pony as a toddler. Anyway, he went out to the barn and said it smalled like mouse urination....HOW IS THAT A HORSE AND MOUSE STORY???? AND WHY TELL IT??? He ain't too bright, but really wants to fit in with us....
    Last edited by Cincy'sMom; 04-23-2002 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks guys, i thought I was the onl yone who got frustrated sometimes.

Gini - yes I explaind to the man that is was because she was a particular breed.

Ann - There are some nasty pepole out there, can't believe they could say that about your cat, about anyones pet. Glad you join us here, don't waste your time with those losers. Stick with us.

Loudlou Can't believe that either, how dare they! I'm sure you know where he came from better than any of them.

Daisylover - I can hear the frustration and anger, some people thing that you where born yesterday lol!

Cincy's mom, have you ever asked yourself how on earth he would know what a mouses's pee would smell like lol! You should have asked him how he got the chance to smell mouse pee, lol!

Originally posted by Heather Wallace
    Cincy's mom, have you ever asked yourself how on earth he would know what a mouses's pee would smell like lol! You should have asked him how he got the chance to smell mouse pee, lol!
    That's a good one........if he ever asks you over for dinner........DON'T GO!!

LOL!

Sorry, but the mental picture re. going to his house for dinner after that story! ROTFLOL!!!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

LOL...........people.................enough said. I took my rabbits to school for Animal Day and these kids MY AGE ( 15 if you didn't know) were asking why Gypsee's eyes were red. She's a Californian and I think all californians have red eyes, correct me on that if I'm wrong. But the littler kids were scared of Gypsee cuz they had obviously just read the book called "Bunnicula". It's about a vampire rabbit. LOL

Oh, but stupid questions are just opinions waiting to be changed! Kill 'em with kindness, I say! After all, some people weren't raised in the homes we were raised in.

I once had a "city kid" friend try to convinve me that you can tell the difference between cows and bulls because cows don't grow horns. I tried explaining that some breed of cow DO have horns, burning of the horn buds whne they are babies, etc - but you know what convinced him? I poited to the glue bottle and said "Who's that on the label?" To which he replied "Elsie the Cow, of course!" Then I made him look closer, and yes, in the illustration on every Elmer's glue bottle, Elsie the COW does have horns!

THAT he believed!

LOL, nice one Karen

People always make fun of my cat also because her nose is pushed in. They say she looks liek a rat. I think she is the most Beautiful thing I have ever seen. Some people just can't leave things be the way they are supposed to be.