Thread: Flint River

Flint River

I'm looking for a high quality dog food. Have any of you had experience with Flint River? I can't get a high quality dog food where I live and will have to drive 50 miles to buy it. I have found a site on the internet that will ship for $5.95 and will also auto ship. Any comments both pro and con. I have two very active Labs

Never heard of it I feed a mixture of Iams and Bil-Jac and that seems to be wonderful.
    I think I have the opposite problem of you, my closest Petsmart is 3 miles away (close enough to walk there) but the closest walmart is 35 minutes away no traffic!

Niņo & Eliza

I had a friend years ago who fed her Akita Flint River Ranch..
    She raved about the baked kibble.
    Her Akita was older, suffered from epilepsy and she
    was worried about bloat.
    Check their web site for a distributor and they should list
    the ingredients.

----<---<--<{(@

It looks to be an okay food from what I see. I'd certainly feed it over the food others have mentioned so far.

I've fed Nutro Natural Choice Lamb & Rice for quite a while now - I know quite a few people here feed their dogs Nutro. I for one am VERY satisfied with it - they are healthy and their coats are wonderful.

Welcome to PT, by the way! I'm mom to 3 dogs, one is a Labbie mix! They are in my signature.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I would definitely feed it over foods such as IAMs (IAMs has a horrible ingredient list IMO). In fact, I do not recommend IAMs unless that is the only thing you can afford. As Kfamr I also feed Nutro Natural Choice and its a high-quality food for the price you pay, and its price is comparable to that of IAMs.

facebook

I have heard of it before and know people who have fed it to their dogs and like the results but I've never tried it myself.
    We are currently feeding NATURAL CHOICE CHICKEN MEAL, RICE & OATMEAL FORMULA. It's not my favorite food, but the food we do like we've had a small problem getting (Canidae All Life Stages).
    Flint River Ranch Dog Food There is the website and they tell all about it and they have free shipping!
    Good luck deciding what food to get

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

FRR is one of the best foods, right up there with Innova/Canidae/Pinnacle, etc. etc. Though it doesn't necessarily gives you the most bang for your buck, it's a very high-quality food and I would definitely recommend it. Good for you! I know a lot of people who aren't in driving range of any high quality foods, but it's absolutely wonderful that you would go the extra mile for your pup.

Yes, it's a good food. The Whole Dog Journal lists Flint River in their list of top quality foods. I don't recommend Iams either, it contains by-products along with other low quality ingredients. I feed my dogs Blue Buffalo.

I know how hard it is to get good food for your pet, I drive an hour to get my dog's and cat's food. I order my chinchilla's food online and the shipping cost is as much as the food itself.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I agree with the others, well except for the one who menitoned Iams. I also do not like Iams, not only because of their poor ingredient list but they also do a lot of animal testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika
    I do not recommend IAMs unless that is the only thing you can afford.
    Now-a-days, at least in my area Iams is the same price as Nutro & other brands that are better than Iams. Therefore I never reccomend it.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by lv4dogs
    Now-a-days, at least in my area Iams is the same price as Nutro & other brands that are better than Iams. Therefore I never reccomend it.
    I've been noticing that lately, too. IAMs is maybe $1 cheaper than Nutro when it comes to cat food, so honestly for the same price, go with the much higer quality food!

BUT if your option is Eukanuba versus IAMs, don't waste the money on the heavily overpriced Eukanuba and just go with IAMs. Its basically the same quality of food, just with a horribly jacked-up price.

facebook