Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Store Speech

Pet Store Speech

Anyone want to give me a hand with my pet store puppy speech. If you have any articles or visuals I could use, please let me know...
    also here's the beginning of my speech. Let me know what you think! I'll post the rest when I'm done.

Persuasive Speech

How much is that doggie in the window? You all know that song, the one about the adorable doggie in the pet store. You buy that sweet doggie with the adorable eyes, hey he was half off. But really that doggie in the window is much more than you think. What’s the price for many sleepless nights, for a puppy with an incurable disease, for watching that puppy die in pain?
    What’s the price for heartbreak?
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Is the speech strictly on pet store puppies or also on BYBs and puppy mills? (I know they kind of go hand-in-hand but I wasn't sure if you were going to go into detail about them, or just focus more on the pet store.)

BTW I love the beginning!

I'll also be mentioning puppy mills and BYBs.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

Wow the begining is awesome. I dont have anything to add but can you post it when it's all done? I'd love to read it!

Well, I could tell you my personal experience with a BYB (Nova is from one). Although, it's not very exciting lol. She just has really bad allergies -- recurring rashes and ear infections. They are uncomfortable for her and cost us lots of money. We've already spent way more on her in vet bills than we ever would have if we just spent the $800 up front to get a well-bred dog, and we've only had her for 7 months. We didn't know any better, though, and either way she is still the light of my life

I know of some real horror stories with Puppy mills. I'll try to find them and post them for you. I may not have saved them, though.

That speech is great, i don't have suggestion but i have to say its great!!!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

check this article out...a specific case, but like many others. extremely heartwrenching..

http://www.meanstreak.biz/meanstreak/spartan.html

Oh that's so sad! I'm e-mailing them and asking if I could use Spartan's story. Can anyone tell me what I should say(well not exactly to say) about why "your topic apply's to your audience"?

Just tell them the truth I'm sure they'd be happy to help in any way possible

10. This is a case ill never forget.. and brough major tears to my eyes.

http://www.dachshund.org/puppymill_aussistory.html

I have no word for what I just read...I'm physically ill. To that dog, who endurd so much, I am so truly sorry. I can hardly see through the tears, and I couldn't bring myself to look at the pictures. I really really wish I could go back and not have read that above link. For anyone without a very strong stomach, be forewarned.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

you should some how explain that people may think that buying a puppy from a pet store is saving it but your still contributing to puppy mills.
    good luck
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    you should some how explain that people may think that buying a puppy from a pet store is saving it but your still contributing to puppy mills.
    good luck
    I'm going to try!

The lady said I could use Spartan's story!

Really, no words to describe the tragedy ... ...damn...

Good luck on your speech.
    I love the begining! I too would love to read it when you've got it completed.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.