Thread: Peta

Peta

I know that lots of people on here aren't supporters of PETA. I don't know much about them and I'd like to know more so if you wouldn't mind please post your thoughts of them. What are some things that they did that you like/dont like. This isn't supposed to be a fight, I just want to know more.

PETA is extreme. I asked them to send me a package to learn how to become a vegetarian. BIG MISTAKE!!! They sent me GRAPHIC pictures of how chickens and cows are slaughtered. Not exactly what I had in mind.

I attended a hearing of a cat killer couple of years back. There were alot of animal advocates there holding a peaceful protest. That was UNTIL a member of PETA decided to attack one of the defendants as he was walking out of court. Made the rest of us peaceful folks look bad.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Peta is extreme an gives a bad name to people who try to teach others how to care for their pets. If I try to explain to people the many benefits of spaying and neutering there are always some people who dismiss me as a "peta person". I've also been called this when explaining to people where pet store puppies come from. Peta makes it hard for people to take important issues seriously.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I agree with the above: extreme. Too extreme. They do protests, but not usually peaceful ones. They are obviously against meat and fur, but also against milk because it comes from cows.

PETA is extreme to the point of being irrational. They are completely hypocritical, putting down thousands of animals a year.
    I've been BOO'd!

I agree with what the others have posted. PETA has some good ideas in theory, but just as many bad ones. No the world would not be a better place if I were to turn my animals loose to "live free". They go too far and ruin what could be helpful and are now often labelled as "nut jobs" which takes away from what they are saying they want to accomplish. I think they are going about things the wrong way and causing more harm than good to their cause.
    Last edited by Vela; 12-08-2005 at 02:20 PM.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

8. This is putting it lightly... but i think they are a bunch of wakos.

they think owning dogs an cats or any kind of pets is a sin or something..
    and would do anything to get to our pets and kill them.

but yet they say they 'love animals'

I've always been anti-peta and new stories posted about them usually get an eye roll from me and I click the exit button but one story that REALLY got me is when some of the members put antifreeze into waterbowls at a dog show saying "A dead dog is better than a caged dog"

I'm not a PETA supporter. There's enough vitriol when you get into the real acts PETA has committed, I would suggest/request that unless you can find a link to a story about PETA backing up what you're saying to leave it out. There are also several threads here in the arvchive about PETA.

I am rabidly anti-PETA. Trust me folks, you don't wanna get me started . If you are still interested, I could point you in the direction of some websites and interviews, etc. Many are anti-PETA, of course, but some of the most damning ones are PETA-run.
    Happy is he who causes scandal--- Salvador Dali.