Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donate or not

Donate or not

I am currently thinking of donating tissue (brain, spinal cord) to the Parkinson's Disease Society on my death and am curious to know what others think of organ donation and if any of you carry cards

Sorry if the topic is a bit gruesome for you but I value your opinions
    Last edited by Pawsitive Thinking; 11-23-2005 at 04:30 AM. Reason: An added thought
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I'm an organ donor. I don't carry a special card, but, it's on my driver's license that I am.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I am also an organ donor. It is noted on my driver's license.

I truly believe in this cause. Science has advanced to the point of being able to use this resourse but without willing participants the knowledge goes to waste.

I am definately an organ donor! I forgot to check the box this year when I went to renew my driver's license and I forgot to check the box for organ donor, and my hubby said "you forgot to check the box!" (over here in the US, our drivers licenses say that we are organ donors so in case of a life treatening accident they can start preparing our bodies for trandsplanting organs before family members, etc give them permission: we already gave them permission by claiming to be an organ donor on our licenses)

over here in the US, our drivers licenses say that we are organ donors so in case of a life treatening accident they can start preparing our bodies for trandsplanting organs before family members, etc give them permission: we already gave them permission by claiming to be an organ donor on our licenses
    That is such a good idea, providing your next of kin know your wishes it must save a lot of heartache for them. Over here its more a case of "sorry, there's nothing we could do and can we have the bits they no longer need"
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I am a donor! They may "take" anything they want, no limit. To me it would be an honour if parts of my body can save another human!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy
    I am a donor! They may "take" anything they want, no limit. To me it would be an honour if parts of my body can save another human!
    I agree. I don't have it on my license that I am a doner (though I wish I did). Justin and my parents know that I want anything donated that can be used.
    My grandma died of cancer, it was a very rapidly growing cancer that basically consumed her body. She wanted to donate anything that she could, sadly the only thing that could be donated was her eyes. She died at age 58, but she had perfect eyesite and was happy to have her eyes given to someone who needed them.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I'm a donor also. It's on my driver's license

Absolutely!! I've been a donor for years on my driver's license. I'm also going to look into donating my body to the UConn Medical School. Whatever I can do to help someone once I'm gone is okay in my book!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

It's noted that I am a donor on my license as well. They can take anything from me so long as it isn't visible from the outside - which means that my entire body cannot and willnot be donated to science. Just whatever organ may match someone in need.

I'm going to be cremated, so it doesn't matter what I look like. Besides, once I reach the "human bridge" I'll be whole and healthy again anyway.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't carry a card but I want to be an organ donor and Andy and my parents know and understand my wishes.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Yes, I'm a donor too and I think it is the most selfless thing we can do for each other. In BC it's different. We don't carry around a card...but we must register through the BC Transplant Society. In the event of my death, my family members will make sure my wishes are carried out.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I am an organ donor - whatever they want, I figure even myopic, astigmatic eyesight is better than none at all!

I am also a donor and it is noted on my drivers license. I'm going to be cremated so whatever they need they can take.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets