Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PICTURES: A fundraiser for food for my friends american bulldog

PICTURES: A fundraiser for food for my friends american bulldog

With the help & suggestions from Carmen (beeniesmom) I've decided to start a PT fundraiser for my neighbor & good friend, Kami. Well actually the fundraiser is for her dog. She lost her husband a few months ago and is trying to adjust to caring for her 2 kids & Brutus, a sweet american bulldog who has terrible allergies all by herself. She has already given up her kitty to a new & better home, but Brutus was her husbands dog. She just can't bear the thought of giving him up.
    For more information see this thread: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=92490

She can only afford his medications or his food, not both. To help her out I offered to buy the dog food for a little while... until she gets back on her feet. Well it's costing more than I thought and would appreciate any help I can get. Anything is better than nothing. Even a dollar will help.

In case you failed to read the other thread I am doing this fundraiser for Nutro as it is the cheapest out of the few foods he can eat, it is more readily available and I'm getting some coupons towards it as well. I figured it was the best option.

Nutro is offering a free 5lb bag of food and a book of coupons if you fill this out:http://www.nutroproducts.com/yourfamily/
    If you can't spare any money and don't have any use for the nutro coupons could you spare a moment, visit the link & fill out the form. You can donate the coupon for the free bag to us as well as the booklet if you can spare it.

If anyone else is interested in donating but is unsure about the usage of the money or whatever I can check with the pet store & see if they can do some sort of account there. That way people can donate directly to them. I'm not sure but I think they could do something like that.
    I could probably do it with their vet too but the food there is more expensive. Nutro's the cheapest out of the brnads he can eat, plus I'm getting coupons for it so that is what I have been buying him.
    Or maybe there is a company online that will do it? Then we'd have to pay shipping???? But they can send it right to her.

I will get some pictures of Brutus as soon as I can. For sure by the early part of next week. I feel so bad for him. After only 2-3 months on terrible food (but still getting medication) he looks horrible. The guy has a large heart though, he's still a big happy goofball! His skin is all red, flacky, itchy & scabby and he's loosing his fur in some spots.

Please PM if you are intersted in helping. But please excuse me as I have VERY limited access to the net on the weekends.

__________________________________________________ _______________
    Here are a few pictures I got of him last night. He really does look worse in person. I think that because he is white my flash flashed out a lot of his skin problems. He really isn't dirty, the browner spots you see are really reddish, either irritated skin or sores. And the reddish spots are really red in person. And he's actually improved a little after beeing back on his food for only about a week or so. He was even worse last week. He is a VERY nice dog! I love him to pieces. He's got the best personality. Excuse the mess, her husband started to rip up the tile and lay down carpet just before he passed & she is not able to finish it yet. And she spent the last week at her mothers house taking care of her as she broke her hip so she's got storage boxes piled up. I'm going to see if I still have my old spare area rug & give it to her if I do.
    Anyways here he is:

Last edited by lv4dogs; 11-15-2005 at 10:24 AM.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

I cant donate any money but I'll fill out that survey on the site if it will help? what details of yours will I need because I like in London so I doubt it will be much help if its sent to me, anyway if I can help could you pm me please?

I filled out the survey. I get paid next week and could chip in a few dollars.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I can probably fill out for the coupon. Poor Brutus!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy4paws
    I cant donate any money but I'll fill out that survey on the site if it will help? what details of yours will I need because I like in London so I doubt it will be much help if its sent to me, anyway if I can help could you pm me please?
    Hmmm, I'm thinking here. I know you'd have to use your own email address as it will only accept one offer per email addy. I'm not sure if they will accept the same address or not though.
    Does anyone know?

I'll try to find out, if not I'll pm you tomorrow or early next week as soon as I find out. I can at least give you my addy to try.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyluvsme13
    I can probably fill out for the coupon. Poor Brutus!
    That would be so nice of you. Once you do, or if you want to wait until you get it in the mail, PM me I'll give you my addy so you can send it to me. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth
    I filled out the survey. I get paid next week and could chip in a few dollars.
    Wow thats great! Just PM me when you're ready I'll give you my addy. Thank you!

I feel bad for her. I know what its like. I'll be able to chip in a little bit next week, does it matter what the payment option is? Can I send a money order?

Specifically what brand and type of food is it? Would you be able to PM me her address (or yours), maybe I can purchase a bag of food and send it to her from the company website?

sorry i've already filled out that form so it wont let me again

I just filled out for the coupon
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    I feel bad for her. I know what its like. I'll be able to chip in a little bit next week, does it matter what the payment option is? Can I send a money order?

Specifically what brand and type of food is it? Would you be able to PM me her address (or yours), maybe I can purchase a bag of food and send it to her from the company website?
    He can eat Nutro Natural Choice Lamb & Rice OR Nutro Natural Choice Lamb, Rice & Oatmeal. For Large Breed or just Regular adult formula.

He can also eat 2 formulas of the IVD (if I remember right it is potato & venison & potato & duck) and he can also eat 1-2 brands of science diet).

I figure since Nutro is the cheapest out of the bunch, is readily available and I am getting coupons for it that would be the best food to get for her.

Money order is fine. I'll pm you in a little bit. Thank you

Please email me your address. I can send some $$ toward the meds.. poor baby. I have been there as well. My hubby died after a pretty long illness without working and I too had vet bills on top of dr bills My poor Badger dog came down with some wierd e-coli thing and vet was over $1,500. Thank doG for friends. Let me help.
    Laurie

PMed you.

Oddly enough I got my coupon in the mail today for my free bag on Nutro. I would like to send it to you, along with some $. Would you like to pm me your address? I'll go to the bank and have the $ changed over to US $'s. How much is a bag of food for him, in US $? I'll send the $, please use it for whatever he needs!!!!!

Tyson I miss you
    You will always be in my heart