Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've Had A Breakthrough!!!!!!!

I've Had A Breakthrough!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT AND I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I couldn't wait to tell you guys because it is hard to find people who appreciate this kind of stuff......... anyways. When we got home from work last night I went to the spare room to check on Jupiter and Tinky was sitting at the door, well I went in to check on him and Tinky ran in up to him and was sniffing his face so we just let them free to roam. Well Tinky did o.k. she would play with her toy and didn't pay him much attention for an hour or so, then she seemed to get really irritated with him and was growling and lunging at him so I seperated them and went to bed.
    WELL THIS MORNING......... I let Jupiter out of the room and Tinky and him have been doing really good all morning. They are chasing each other around and it is sooooo cute. Tinky is having her moments though like if he moves too fast towards her she will hiss......BUT SHE IS NOT GROWLING OR ANYTHING...... she isn't even hissing real mean.
    I AM SO PROUD OF MY LITTLE GIRL!!!!!!
    Sorry if I was too long winded. I just can't believe how fast Tinky is adjusting to Jupiter!!! AGHGHGHGHG I AM SOOO HAPPY!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

AWWWWWW Congrats on the breakthrough!! I'm so happy that Tinky is coming around to the aspect of having a new sibling That's great news! It sounds like they're co-habitating just fine and at this rate...they'll be friends in no time!!

**hugs**

WOW!!!

Great news! Tinky and Jupiter are doing great and much earlier than I expected. How wonderful for you. Thanks for letting us know.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

That is good news! Hooray! Tinky, I'm sure, will be fast friends with Jupiter! Oh, your all going to have so much fun!

Great news, Sara!!! I knew Tinky would come around. And if they are already playing together, I'm sure they'll be curled up snug as a bug in rug in no time. I'm so happy things are working out so well so quickly. But they are both young enough that maybe they even remember their siblings, so I knew things would work out.

Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Great News. As soon as Tinky is sure the new kid on the block knows who is top cat around there, they will be fine. She's just making sure he knows SHE is in charge. She mustn't seem to like him TOO soon you know, must keep up appearances and all that. Such good news, indeed!

Yeah for your kittys! I have 2 now, and they are buddies, but still annoy the heck out of each other often (usually it's the younger boy that's the bugg-er, and the older one is the bugg-eee)

Sounds like one happy family is in the making, if not already made

Great news!!! I'm sure that they realize that two is more fun than one and that you have enough love for both of them!

Hi Sara, how are the two getting along today?

I thought of something that you might want to know about right away while your two are still getting a feel for how a two cat household works. Tubby came first for me, and when I brought Peanut home he quickly declared his dominance. The thing I don't like though, and that he has persisted with all these years, is that he is extremely jealous of any attention we pay to Peanut. If she is up on my lap and he sees it, he will immediately come over and basically kick her off. If I'm playing with her up on the bed, he will hear me talking to her and next thing you know he's up on the bed, and she's gone. He's bigger than she is, and she has learned through the years that it's to her benefit to just leave rather than stick around stick up for her right to my lap. Very seldom will you see the two anywhere near each other because usually as soon as he comes over, she'll leave.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is if Tinky starts displaying any of the signs of jealousy like that, it might be best to nip it in the bud, although I don't know how you'd do that.

Again, I don't think it'll be a problem because your two are so close in age, and they are both still kittens, but I just wanted to warn you ahead of time. Had I done something about it right away, my two might be better friends now. This picture shows them as close as they usually get to each other, and you can see the look on Tubby's face and the "I gotta get otta here" look on Peanut's. I wish they were best of buddies, but......
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

OMG T&P's mom...........
    I was just saying that today.................
    It seems like they get along fine unless me or the hubby are in the room with them (wich I don't really know because you can't really tell unless YOU ARE IN THE ROOM WITH THEM......LOL)
    Anyway like today I was in the shower and Tinky is always waiting outside the door and I let her in when I am done and she either stares at the water in the shower floor or sits on the toilet lid till' i'm done.........anyways ....... when I got out of the shower today I opened the door to let her in and Tinky and Jupiter were laying face to face like they had been playin So I asked the hubby if maybe Tinky is growling because she is jealous (like she is willing to get along with him as long as we arn't enjoying it or him)........... Does anyone have any advice on how I could "nip this in the bud"??? I don't want Tinky to be jealous and I want them to become best buds....
    by the way Toby & Peanuts mom...... cute pic!!!!!!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
    by the way Toby & Peanuts mom...... cute pic!!!!!!!!
    Thanks, Sara. Since Jupiter is still so new to the household, I think it will be hard to tell if it's just the boundary setting/dominance thing yet, or if it's really jealousy. I don't know how you'd tell the difference unless it's obvious like Tubby having to jump on my lap everytime Peanut is there, but by the time it becomes obvious it might be too late. Also, you don't want to discipline Tinky too much or she might start getting an attitude.

Anyway, I didn't mean to worry you. Tinky and Jupiter are still getting to know each other so there's going to be a little tension now and then and I'm sure that's nothing to worry about. The day you find them curled up in one big ball, sound asleep is the day you know they've become best buddies.
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

GREAT NEWS!! Things will be a lot happier in your home now!! It takes time. Good luck!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Ila
    Is Misty pregnate in that pic or is she fat?!?!?!?! she is so cute,,,, does she have main coon in her?

And thanks T&P's mom for all of your advice and everyone else too..... I will keep everyone updated and pics will be coming soon of my new baby!!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!

Tinky

Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
    Ila
    Is Misty pregnate in that pic or is she fat?!?!?!?! she is so cute,,,, does she have main coon in her?

And thanks T&P's mom for all of your advice and everyone else too..... I will keep everyone updated and pics will be coming soon of my new baby!!!
    No Misty is not pregnant. She is just a little over weight like she weighs over 14 pounds. I know she is big. Her hair makes her look big and she is. I know I feed her to good. The vet says she is healthy. I have her on good IIams cat food. Her Mamma and Daddy were even bigger than her. I guess it is genetic. Over weight just like her human parents !!! Hahaha!!
    Attached Images Attached Images