Thread: foster kittens

foster kittens

Hi, I thought everyone might like to see the picture of the kittens I am fostering...I could not get them to stay still for a good pic so I just snapped this fast one, but they are a beautiful grey color.

they are 6 month old sisters, Thelma and Louise...and they are very scared kitties!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thelma and Louise are beautiful girls! I was ahing and ohing over their sweet little noses. When you get a chance, I'd love to see more photos of them. Gray tabbies are a weakness of mine.

(Fur Addicts Anonymous alert? Maybe so!)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

How lovely

What lovely kittens. Why are you fostering them? Do they have a home to go to? How did you come across them? Just curious. They are soooo beautiful. Are they feral? Do you have other cats? How could you possible give these girls away? I give you lots of credit for having the sense to not keep every foster kitty, but these two are SO nice - well, they look lovely. How is their behavior. Sorry for so many quesions, but I am curious as to how people can foster and not keep animals. I think you are wonderful for keeping Thelma and Louise for the time being.

You are wonderful to be fostering these two beautiful little girls. How is Muffin taking all this? She looks like a nice laid back kitty who would have no problems, especially since she was used to having Cookie around. She might just like the company!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Yippee you and Muffin have foster kitties!!! Thelma & Louise like adorable. Are they full of mischief yet? Absolutely too cute. Give kittie kisses and loves to all tree of you girls!

Oh, oh, oh! How did I miss the photo of these adorable GRAY kitties?!?! And named after one of my favorite movies to boot!

You are so lucky even if you only have them for foster care!

(BTW if that is what you consider not a "good picture" your good ones must be fabulous!)

Oh, goody! We'd all LOVE to see more photos of these cuties. Have you learned to tell them apart yet?

Just seeing them tempts me with memories of the fun of kittens. (No, I won't and can't now, sigh. My legs are finally healing from the scars of Cassy and Sassy's 'wild ride' kittenhood.)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

WoW What beautiful kitties!!!!!!!! That is such a good picture too. You are so sweet to foster two little scared kittens, how lucky they are. Give them a pat for me.
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

gray foster kittnes

Hi everyone
    thanks for all the nice messages!
    here is another pic, I guess the pics I took are good enough, but what I meant was, I wanted to get some of them, the whole cat, not just a head peeking out, or a shy look. they are such a beautiful grey, I wanted it to show their true color, maybe get a pic of them playing...guess I just have to be patient.
    When I get another pic of them I will post it.
    ( to sasvermont--
    I am fostering the kitties, because when I went to petsmart to look for another kitten, the lady there mentioned there would be alot of kittens being born soon, and that they need foster homes...so I jumped at that, "oh ok I would like to sign up for that!". now 3 weeks later, here they are. I haven't heard of any litters being born yet, but will foster them when they come along. I love animals so much, it hurts to know what all the strays go thru, cats and dogs, I wish i had more room, but this is a small house. I would foster dogs too if I could...since I am home , and I don't have any kids,
    so I can take care of the furkids! oh well. anyway, no the cats do not have a home to go to at this time, Friday is the next adoption day at petsmart, and I will bring them there , hopefully they will get a home together: confused:
    I have one other cat, and a cat that died last month, there are pics of her on here, and a link to her memorial webpage, if you can't find them and would like the links please let me know.
    I know giving them up will be hard, but I want to help cats, since I couldnt help my cookie. I am not sure I can let these two go, if they aren't going to the same house. they are so close, I don't think I could stand seeing them separated. I can't let that happen. )

the behavior-- they are still frightend, and stick close to each other, they hide from me, but i have got them to play a little bit, and they love to be scratched. they are the first ones I have fostered, I am new to this.

Muffin is still miffed, she does not like this situation at all!! I feel so guilty about upsetting her, shes a very sensitive cat, and she does not show her normal personality at all when she is not the lone cat of the house. Cookie was a kitten when we brought her home, and muffin accepted her, and they had fun running and chasing, thumping around the house together, they would sound like a herd of wild animals!!!
    but after Cookie got older, Muffin started getting ...persnikity is the word I guess. she would play only when she wanted to... poor Cookie would try to play and just got hissed at! so I would play with her. Muffin is a sweet cat, I don't mean to say otherwise, but about that she was a butthead. she still cared about cookie tho, and was upset when she was gone...

no, I still don't know Thelma from Louise, they hide too much for me to get to know them LOL.
    I like those names..cassy and sassy
    Last edited by toughCookie; 03-27-2002 at 04:16 PM.

gray foster cats

OOPS I FORGOT TO INCLUDE THE PICTURE... SORRY
    HERE IT IS
    Attached Images Attached Images  

WHAT SWEET BABIES!
    I could never be a foster Mom. I would keep them all! It's bad enough that I feed every stray that comes 'visiting'. Your two are beautiful. Good Work!