Thread: Cats can die?

Cats can die?

If they eat...

I was wondering. Are there any foods that cats can eat that can cause them seious harm? My aunt allowed my cousin a kitten and she fed it human food and it died.

Is this true? Are there such foods that cats can eat and die? or did it just drink toilet water

there is tons of food that can harm or kill cats, for starters there is tons of human food and even plants that can, so its just safe to feed it only cat food.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

As she ^ said, there are lots of foods and household plants that are toxic for cats to eat. Normally JUST eating regular human food shouldn't be toxic for a cat, but maybe there was a plant in her house she got into that hurt her??

facebook

because i got home from trick or treating and ate a bag of cheeses and left it there and went to take a bath. i was going to watch a movie just now and finish the chips but they're all gone, i suspect my cat ate it because only my moms home and she's sleeping

Yes, human foods can kill a small kitten - choclate, onions, etc can make a cat very sick. Kittens also can die from many things - too many to name. Fleas can kill kittens, diarreah can kill kittens. How old was this kitten? Was it tested for diesase?

That shouldn't KILL them. It certainly isn't healthy but that shouldn't KILL a kitty

facebook

I know onions and tomatoes are toxic to cats,,, Too much chocolate, too.

There are so many houseplants and garden plants that I can't name them all.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Yes I have heard onions, garlic and chocolate are toxic to cats, there are many plants as well especially Lillies of all kinds,that is really sad about the kitten., remember lots of human foods contain spices like garlic for instant sausages, so be careful about feeding human food that you are not sure what ingredients are in them.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

We are sorry to hear that the Little Kitten has passed on.
    You are only really supposed to give a Kitten,a small percentage of his meals in Human Food,but for the life of me,I cant think of anything that would kill a Kitten.
    And if drinking out of the porcelain Water Bowl was lethal,I would have a lot fewer Found Cats.
    RIP Little One,Now An Eternal Kitten Angel.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Cats should never be allowed to eat human food, especially kittens; it's not good for them! Too many spices, too much fat, and cats often are lactose-intolerant... only to name a few.

I know that especially chocolate can be fatal for cats and dogs, as it contains theobromin, a caffein-like substance that may cause heart attacks.

As mentioned before, many plants are toxic, too. And don't forget about cleaners and other dangerous things you have in the house.

I have once written an article for www.catmom.de/engl about this subject here .

Kirsten