Thread: Write off

Write off

Ok so this probably isn't a big deal so I don't need to post but I wanted to..

I posted last week or something about an accident I was in. Everyone was fine though. Mom had a rent a car and was waiting tillnow to hear about her car...they're going to write it off! I didn't think it was that bad...but I guess it's pretty bad.

It's kinda scary for some reason...I keep thinking how we could have been hurt too

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

What does that mean?
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

It means her car is too expensive to fix...so they give her money towards getting a new one

The way cars are built now is far better than years ago. Cars now are built to crumple on the outside and keep the passenger compartment more safe rather than stay rigid on the outside and have the car survive with minor "injuries" but the passengers slammed around and injured. So cars are more likely to be "written off" as "totalled," but people walk away! A happy change, I think!

Audrey, I keep thinking how glad I am that you are all ok.

Hope your mom can get a reasonable replacement for her car.

Logan

I'm so glad too. I keep thinking about it even though it was more than a week ago. I keep thinking "what if". What if we hit a truck? Another car? We could have been hurt. Killed? The other people could have been hurt or killed? It's so scary to think about how lucky we were. It's scary to think *I* could have killed myself or my most precious family. I said *I* cause I was driving and at fault for it. I would never forgive myself if I hurt my family.

Everyone says "It's an accident, it's no one's fault!" but dad says I need to take responsibility and admit that it could be no one else's fault but mine, as I was driving. He says if I just pass it off as nothing, like "Oh well, no one was hurt, it's not my fault!" then I won't learn from it, and it would be more likely to happen again...where as if I learn from it perhaps I will pull off the road completely next time to be sure we are safe...which with how it was raining, I'd say that would really be the safest thing to do.

I still feel sad about it though..and a guy from work came in and said "Oh, you were speeding then" I said no, I was going the speed limit and I slowed down cause mom told me to. I don't remember my speed, but I wasn't speeding. He says "Nope, it would be nothing else. YOU were speeding" I said "No Ralph, I wasn't" Him: "Sorry sweety, but that's how it happens" (sarcastically)
    I went in the bad room and cried....I just feel really bad still. Pathedic huh?

BTW, my moms car was a 2003 Cav....er...I can't spell it, but it's a step down from a sunfire. I feel bad for her. She doesn't have a lot of money....I told her I would pay the 500 deductable or whatever but she won't let me...(I don't have it either...but I wanted to pay for it)

Forgive me for saying this, I mean no disrespect for your dad. Listen, I believe you weren't speeding. Rainy roads are slippery and cars can hydroplane. it happened to me. They needed the jaws of life to get me out of the car, but I didn't have a scratch on me. Of course I learned from the experience. Maybe, I wasn't as careful as I should have been..who knows? It happens so fast, you don't remember. I couldn't drive for months afterwards. My dad gave me the encouragement to get back behind the wheel. He helped me buy a new car. I can still remember my parents' faces when they saw me standing there: concern, pity. It's just a car. A piece of metal with glass. Of course it costs money to replace it, but you aren't replaceable!!!! I think your dad is being too hard on you.And as far as the jerk at work, just ignore him. There's no way you're going to convince the idiot you weren't speeding. Is it worth the aggravation? Nope. By arguing with him, you're second guessing the circumstances again. Don't bring it up to him and if he does, just tell him: "Look pisshead (sorry) it's done, it's over, I'm going on with my life" and walk away. Please ignore the guilt trip. Accidents happen and you weren't hurt. Be gentle with yourself. It's over. I know it's hard to get rid of the memory of it, but chalk it up to an awful experience that won't hopefully happen again.

I've been Boooo'd!

Sorry I didn't explain it better, but my dad wasn't trying to say it like "you did something wrong, it's your fault" he justs wants me to learn from it, take responsibility where needed. He said afterwards that the tires were wore then it wasn't my fault..but he still is just worried about me...that's all it is. He doesn't always word things good, but I know he doesn't mean it harshly