Thread: Thunder and Lightning!

Thunder and Lightning!

This is the first time it has been crashing since I had my puppers and kitty, and not a peep so far! And here I was thinking they would be a bit spooked. I guess they are made of tougher stuff than I thought!

How do your animals react during lightning storms?

Mine could care less. As long as they are inside they are good to go. They have never been scared of the thunder and lightning. Guess I got lucky with them.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

It doesn't phase the Hoodlums!

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Nice!

My aunt has a little lhasa apso who goes crazy during thunder and lightning, or fireworks... or even if they leave the tv on too loud.

The rats, rabbits and cats could careless- once in a while if we get a REALLY wicked thunderstorm the cats tend to hide under the bed, but that doesn't happen too often- and by then I usually have everyone in carriers in the basement just to play it safe- hehe.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

Chester is horrified! Every clap of thunder, he stiffens up and L@@KS at me, ready to run. I tell him is soft soothing tones "It's ok baby, it is only thunder, It'll be ok, you are safe!" The "girls" could care less....if they are asleep, they continue to sleep undisturbed. (Yet, he is their protector and peace keeper...... go figure )

My sister use to have a dog named Judy and she would run hide under the bed everytime a storm came.

My RB Penny use to jump on the fridge and take her paw, open the cabinet door and go in there and hide until it was over. That was the only time she got in that cabinet, during a storm!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Laura, DO NOT CODDLE THEM when they're afraid! It reassures their behavior! Instead just get REALLY EXCITED and give him treats everytime thunder crashes or lightning flashes and turn it into a FUN experience.

My pups don't care. Dogs feed off human emotion so if you're afraid, they're afraid. If I'm not afraid, they don't care!!

facebook

Molly and Astra could care less. they would like to go out and play in the rain. Prince on the other hand would go under the bed or in the bathroom and start shivering. He is the scaredy cat of the family.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

^ mine love the rain too. I remember one time when Tito was about 1 year old, I took them for a walk along the golf course which is behind my house. It started raining and both Tito and Bella went crazy! It was so cute until Tito found a little hole along the fence and escaped onto the golf course. There was a family playing and Tito kept running up to them and stealing their golf balls! OMG it was so embarassing! I tried for like 45 minutes to catch him and then I had to give up. I ran home, got my boyfriend to jump in the car and get him. The only was we could lure Tito back was with the car. Thank god he loves car rides, or he'd still be around the 15th hole.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Finn doesn't pay attention. We've had to walk in a thunderstorm. If it's water, he likes it. And, the noise, doesn't phase him.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Nanook freaks out, but he has reason to. When he was younger, before I adopted him he was shot with bird shots. Well If I was shot with a gun & heard noises that sounded like a gun you bet your bottom dollar I'd be scared too.

But the rest of them could care less.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.