Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things you enjoy at the workplace?

Things you enjoy at the workplace?

There's a lot of times where we all just complain about our jobs, well now we can say the things we like.

One thing I REALLY enjoy about my job is the fact that people bring their dogs through the drive-thru.
    Today we had two HUGE Great Danes. They took up the whole ladie's back area of her SUV. We keep dog biscuits to hand out to the dogs that come through. The owners love it and so do I. It really makes their day and we have frequent customers (dogs) that are expecting their treat when they come in. Another thing is if we are really busy and things are stressful, seeing a dog at the drive-thru really brightens everyone's mood. Makes everyone smile. There's a lot more that I like about my job but this one is at the top of the list.

Anyhow, what do you like about your job?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

(Most of) the people I work with. I love my managers, I love talking to people, I love having fun with the friends that work with me.

I work as a cashier at a grocery store. It has boosted my confidence and has made me a lot more outgoing since I talk to anywhere from 50-200 people a day.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

One thing I like about my job, is that I work in a hospital and I help people.I work in respiratory and the patients are usually nice, and really need help.

What a nice idea KayAnn! Everyone always talks about what they don't like but never what they DO like....
    I like the people I work with. I don't know anyone here so for me, it's nice just to have someone besides Collin and Duncan to talk to!!!
    And I like being busy all day and having lots of work to do...makes the day go by fast and you feel like you've accomplished something at the end of it.

What you said about the drive-thru is cute!! I am one of those people that can NEVER go through drive-thru if Duncan is in the car though... He barks and growls at the people like a madman and when they stick their hands out, he tries to bite them!! So, needless to say, we don't go through drive-thru anymore!!

Surfing at PT when not busy. The cute youngun cop that comes in and flirts with all the older ladies. Getting to see our K9s sometimes. Enjoying the co workers. That was something I couldn't too much on my other shift. Since I'm on nights now, they even have pajama parties where you can come to work in your PJs. I haven't gotten to do that yet but I look forward to it.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I guess there are a few things I like about my job. I've been there 13 years now. I'm glad it's very close to home and I can come home at lunch,especially because of my furkids. It's nice having friends you've known for years and knowing the ropes, so to speak. And when there are changes or problems, we still have each other.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

The costumers. Especially the regulars we have. They make my day. We have a lot of fun joking around and it just makes my job soooo much easier

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

• The general feel of the hospital: compassion and the collective effort to help people in need
    • Helping patients feel a bit better about what they're going through
    • Meeting new people from all walks of life...and getting to know more about them
    • That I get to help make someone feel better - that is really important to me that I have a job that enables me to make a difference
    • All the things I'm learning about medicine...tests, ailments, surgeries, etc.
    • The people I work with
    • Working in a Christian environment
    • Pioneer Park - one of the waiting areas that's an actual park! Its right outside the ER and its so nice to walk through when you need a moment to yourself
    • The volunteers that work hard and truly enjoy helping out
    • The cafeteria and its staff....yummy food and fun/sweet people

I made a thread that talks more about my new job and what I've encountered the past few days: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=90253

...RIP, our sweet Gini...

• Unlimited free movies
    • Some of the managers are really nice. There's one that *always* jokes around and asks if I dyed my hair or got a new piercing.
    • My co-workers. Probably the main reason why I haven't left yet. I have loads of fun working with some of them... just a couple nights ago, we got bored and started playing hockey with broomsticks and smashed plastic cups. We were playing right in front of one of the managers and she told us to move cause the customers might see. LOL
    • I'm much more confident and outgoing now

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I get to work with kids and really sweet people!
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I like the freedom of being able to try new recipes or creating my own. My Captain can spot a homemade cake over a boxed cake in a heartbeat or a homemade pie over a thrown together quickie and always compliments me on them. I love it when I cook something they really like and they all but threaten each others lives on who gets the left overs first!!

Then I love it when they come to me for advice or they need help with something, a lost button, a slpinter in their finger, what to do for that tummy ache... The cook is Dear Abby, Dr. Mom, and a all around problem solver out there on the river. Some of them even ask me to make them cards to send home for a birthday or some special day since I take a laptop and printer out there with me and I love doing things on the computer for them. Best of all I LOVE THE PAY AND TIME OFF!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

well I have only been working for a week, but everyone is really nice, they like to joke around and chat, the work itself is simple, pretty much all the custamers are older people who really dont mind that it might take me a bit to figer things out, everyone knows all the delivery men by name, and joke around with them etc.. its really very simple stuff, today I spent my entire day(8 hours) replacing order numbers on the shelves, and I still aint done! I mean basicly what I do is place orders(reading the stickers and typing numbers into a computer) and when orders come in open boxes, stick on the inventory stickers, toss em in a cart and put them away, with the occasional till work in between, and thats about it lol not too tricky, and only one crabby co-worker who nobody likes and nobody takes seriously anyway, why on earth she is working with the public is beyond me lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I enjoy being able to bring my dogs to work everyday.

I like being able to work with dogs and have the opportunity to be around so many different breeds. I get to learn their temperments and specific breed traits.

*Thanks Ashley*

I LOVE my job! I wouldn't trade it for the world!

~I love the fact that I have a GREAT boss. She is an amazing person and is like an idol to me. She's one of my best friends and I'm thankful everyday that she hired me.
    ~I love that I'm in an environment where I can talk to my coworkers about anything. We talk about the most discret things -- sex, relationships, anything X-rated and it doesn't matter because we are all comfortable.
    ~I can bring my dog to work (and my puppy that I'm getting next year!).
    ~ I learn so much. It is such an amazing learning environment and there isnt a time that I don't like to fill my head with more knowledge in order to better improve myself and my skills.

I will never quit my job, it is way to important to me. I hope to stay there forever. And when my boss retires, perhaps I'll buy the shop from her. I would love to carry on in her footsteps because she is just a great person and I'm so happy that she has filled my life with such opportunities and happiness.
    I've been BOO'd!

Things I enjoy at the workplace:

I get to sit next the man I love all day...
    I can play with LOUD Louie &The Beans whenever I want...
    I get to wear my Pj's...
    I love what I do