Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: I got a new dog!

I got a new dog!

I went to Petco yesterday to drop off Ritz for his haircut and they had the pet adoption day. I was just looking at all the beautiful homeless faces, when I happened upon Kersee...a lab/shepherd cross. I fell in love. I am having her foster mom come over to my place and drop her off for a "trial run" but I think I have myself a new dog! This means that I won't be getting a golden any time soon, but there was a true spark between Kersee, Graham and me. Dan is really excited too. I'll tell you more and post pics when I get her tonight

I can just see the excitement in your post. Wow, wonderful news.
    Can't wait to hear how it all works out, and don't forget plenty of pictures.
    Jackie

a newdoggie

How wonderful! I can't go to Petsmart because I know I will end up with an additional cat. Congratulations and I hope everything works out. Please do post a picture! Awwwwwww, just warms my heart so!

Great news!

I am so excited and nervous She's coming over at 6:30 tonight with Kersey (Dan LOVED her name but he really wanted it spelled with an "ey" instead of the way it was spelled before).

I am now finding a spot for her crate and starting to puppy-proof my house, since Kersey is only 8 months old. I can hardly wait

Dan wants to have a part in the training, instead of it only being my thing. When I met her she seemed perfectlly submissive with Graham which is essential. Graham and her did really well together.

You will all flip when you see her, she looks SO much like Graham, and she's got alot of gold in her, just like my Graham

I'll tell you all how it goes. I am litterly bouncing in my seat with excitement and nervousness

Her foster mom and I bonded alot, too. She's going to have a real hard time getting rid of Kersey. She got really attached so she wants to come and visit on occation...and when we go on vacation in May her foster mom is going to babysit Kersey for me, since Graham already has arrangements with the doggie daycare place

Dan really wanted to adopt a dog. He gets so sad when he sees pictures, or reads stories about all the homeless dogs in shelters. He wanted another dog, but he really didn't want to buy when there are so many homeless out there.

I already have plans on furthering her obedience. I am going to call on Monday and sign her up for her first class, and I am going to continue with obedience. If she likes it I will also put her in an agility class and see how she does. We have big plans for our new Kirsey girl

Aly, are you this excited when you are about to bring a new dog into yoru house? I am SOOOOO excited

Congrats!!!! It sounds like a perfect fit. Hurry up with the pictures!!! lol She sounds like a beauty. I like it spelled with an "ey" too.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Oh Leslie the joy in your post is so evident! I can only imagine how you must be in person right now! Congratulations to the whole family....you, Dan and especially Graham on the adoption of his new "little sister!" I can't wait for pictures either!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't be happier for you and Dan AND Graham, Leslie!!! How exciting!!!!! She sounds so lovely, and the perfect "mate" for Graham! I'll be on pin and needles waiting for the official word! And pictures! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I thought I might be seeing things!!

Leslie!!! How exciting!!! I had no idea you would be ready to do this, but won't Graham be happy?? I really do hope he will adjust well to Kersey and they will be come best of friends. I can't wait to see her picture.

Hey, by the way, did you see that "Laughing Graham" won the Funny Dog contest over at Jackie's site!!! We all love that picture so much!! Congratulations, Graham!! He's just adorable and I can't wait to see a picture of his new sister.

Logan

WOW, this is very exciting news for you guys. I know
    what you mean by that "spark" being there when you
    happen to meet that 'certain' dog. I'll be praying with
    all my might that this all works out Great for everyone.

P.S. Leslie, you've got quite a hubby there; but of course
    you already knew that didn't you. LOL.
    Very Best Of Luck that all goes well...Liz.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock...

The wait is killing me! I'm watching the clock and thinking of your 6:30 appointment with the new little sweetie--fingers and paws are crossed, of course. Put up pictures as soon as possible!

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

I am soooo excited for you!!! I nearly jumped out of my seat when I read your post. I can only imagine how excited you must be. It is now 7:30 (Eastern time). I hope all is going well for you. I can't wait to hear how it went.

Isn't it great that we can all share and be excited together...I keep checking to see if anything has happened.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

I AM SOOOOO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!

I hope everything works out well. I am so happy. Sounds like a perfect addition to your family!!! Good luck! I am waiting to hear what happened........and pics, too!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

YYYYIIIPPPPEEE!!!!! GRAHAM HAS A BROTHER?SISTER?!!!!i forgot....doesn't matter which!!! we are sssooo happy for you.....cannot wait for the pics of kayley and graham together!!!! congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh!!! new PUPPY BREATH!!!!!!!!! yippee!!!!!!
    i can tell by your post that "You have not thought about this much!!!"(just kidding) i am chuckling about how you've already got her signed up for agility....after her obedience...and after CRATE TRAINING!!!!....such a proud mama!!!!! and give dan a big hug for his part and understanding!!!!!!! you picked another winner in him!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Here's Kersey. I hope it works.

Real busy, can't talk long. Sofar Graham is NOT happy. He's so jealous and Kersey won't go potty on lead and I know she has to go, so it's going to be tough getting her to go potty.

Will post more later Thanks for the caring words.