Thread: No power for 13 hours!

No power for 13 hours!

It was HORRIBLE! last night!
    The power went out around 4pm, we didn't get any till 5am! It made me so mad.
    But there was one awesome thing about it....we had family night!
    We can't have kids, so our dogs are our kids. So last night we took a nap together, played cards(Roxey loves it when you shuffle!) played ball, wrestled, ate, & just generally had a wonderful time & of course, we didn't get on the computer at all! I guess something was telling us we weren't spending enough quality time together! I have to remember that from now on! Thanks for listening.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by anna_66; 03-11-2002 at 07:27 AM.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Wonderful FAMILY picture!

We were without power for about 9 hours! The winds are still blowing terribly this morning. I really hate the howling noise we had to listen to all night long! When we are without power, we are also without water since we don't have city water but still have well water.

But like you we had family night! We told stories, wrestled with the dogs, played board games such as connect four and Sorry and went to bed early! It was a good night minus the wind.

Unfortunately as wonderful as the computer and being with the folks at Pet Talk is, it can take away from quality time with the furkids, as my two often remind me with plaintive stares as I sit here. They understand that I have to be at the computer during the week for work, but they seem to know that on the weekend is optional.

funny!

Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer
    Wonderful FAMILY picture!

We were without power for about 9 hours! The winds are still blowing terribly this morning. I really hate the howling noise we had to listen to all night long! When we are without power, we are also without water since we don't have city water but still have well water.

But like you we had family night! We told stories, wrestled with the dogs, played board games such as connect four and Sorry and went to bed early! It was a good night minus the wind.
    We were without everything also,we live in the country too! It's the pits to not be able to wash your hands, or even flush the toilet!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Great family pic, Anna!

You're right about the hardship of being without electricity: everyone grumbles at first, but you adapt--and with some creativity you even can have fun. Here in California we're looking forward to lots of rolling outages this summer because of our power shortage --which for the dogs means night walks around the neighborhood with flashlights (why they dig this I don't know)...

The hairy kids' photo album

Animals share with us the privilege of having a soul.
    -Pythagoras

Get used to the wind, it's STILL blowing here and you guys get our weather about a day later. The guy across the street lost about 1/3 of his shingles last night. And is it BITTER!! My parents lost power last night also, but Mike and I were spared.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

anna_66

What a beautiful family!!!!! Our furbabies are our kids, too... ..."It was HORRIBLE! last night! ".... Bet your babies didn't think it was so horrible. Sound like y'all had a lot of fun even tho there was no power.

I love rough weather! We don't get it so much in Denmark allthough the last couple of years, we've had some really bad storms. I guess it's more interesting when it's not all the time.
    ... and we've never really had power shortages for long either.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

What a lovely family photo!! Sometimes the "powers that be," decide the power should go out!! Maybe for a good reason??? Sounds like my kind of night....comfy, cozy and close! Your furkids are beautiful!! Great family!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Wow we go those amazing winds to, it took the roof off of one persons house and slammed it down on the roof next door, it took a little house right off its foundation, and knocked down trees, picked up fences and placed them down yards away. We lost our power for a few hours but in town they lost it all that night and the next day. All is over today, its cold but sunny and clear.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~