Thread: White cat - pink face

White cat - pink face

This may be a silly question but maybe some of you white cat owners can answer this it for me. Jazz is a white/gray 5-month-old and her face has a definate pinkish hue - especially around her eyes, nose and ears where her fur is thinner. This tells me she has good blood flow but will her head always be pink or will her fur probably thicken? I've never had a cat with so much white before - I'm just wondering...
    Last edited by Harley; 03-09-2002 at 05:06 PM.

Assuming you have a short-hair cat, she should develop more and thicker fur as she ages. Although, a white-faced cat will always have a little pink on their head, especially around the temples and forehead. It has also been noticed that a white cat, will often develop other colors after they age a bit, if they are not pure white, but contain other colors as well. My Snow Tiger's lynx points are just now getting a little darker, this contrasts with his icy-white coat but they are not changing positions on his body. Where as Snow cat is continuing to develop more brown on his color points, especially on his back. Also, his mask and legs are pale brown which is a recent development as both these areas were white at birth.

..............wayne

Hi. I have a white cat (Sugar) and I've noticed what
    you mentioned. The pinkish tinge around the eyes ,mouth
    and ears. Sugar is my only white cat so I just I notice it
    more, but I find myself 'checking him out' more for what
    I don't know. He just seems more delicate because I can
    see his skin.. Sugar has plenty of fur on his body, legs &
    tail, just not as fuzzy and dense around the face.

Here's my little Andy and as you can see he also has a little pink nose, face, etc. His fur is not nearly as dense as his "brother" Trevor's though. He seems to lack the dense undercoat that Trevor has although he does have plenty to keep him warm.

Pam, what a handsome boy Andy is! He does have that little pink mouth and upper nose like Jazz has. All of my babies have "P" nicknames: Bo is Punkin (he's big and orange), Trixie is Peanut (although she's a little chunky and more like a Brazil Nut), and I guess Jazz will be Pinky. Although this picture does not do her "pinkness" justice, I'm going to attempt to attach a picture of her.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Harley, Andy is smitten with Jazz. He also loves to sit atop the sofa where he can watch what is going on. Andy's "brother" is Trevor who is big and orange just like Bo. Punkin' is a very cute nickname for him. If you can post a picture I would love to see him!

Harley I just stumbled over your post titled "Meet my Babies" and see that you have posted Bo's picture over there as well as your third baby, Trixie. They are all precious!! For anyone who hasn't read that thread, little Jazz's story is really great. How wonderful that you were able to adopt her! Your fur family sounds like so much fun!

Harley just thought I'd butt in here and ask does Jazz go outside? If he is an indoor/outdoor cat when he goes out in the summer please put sunblock on his little ears. White cats are notorious for getting skin cancer on their ears due to sunburn.
    Jazz sounds a cutie. White cats always look more delicate - it must be 'cos you can sede the skin through their fur.

Lynne

Lynne, Jazz is strictly an indoor kitty. But your suggestion of sunblock is a wonderful idea for those white cats that do go outside. I never would have thought of that - and with summer coming up, that's a great tip.

Here is my solid white pink tinged kitty!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

My Braydee was born totally white with little pink ears and pink mouth. As he aged, his tail turned orange ringed and his ears are tipped with orange as well as his paws and a bit of orange on his back (looks like Logan's Butter). I love the pinkish nose and ears. He's so cute!!!! Guess you could consider him a Flame Point. He has light blue eyes.

I can't believe that I missed this thread! LOL LOL Even though I'm late, I too have a solid white cat. You can definitely see 'pinkish hues' around the eyes, temples, and ears. I've also noticed that you can really tell when a white cat isn't feeling well, because the pink color seems to deepen and show through even more! I've never seen that in the other cats I've had or been around. When my Marius was ill, he looked so bad!