Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This really saddens and angers me...

This really saddens and angers me...

Ok, I respect people's opinions and their right to express them, however I don't respect biggotry or ignorance from ANY group or ANY individual. It's things like this publication that has gotten me beaten and harrassed by people who are sure that kicking the c**p out of some poor kid is going to assure them a place in heaven. I'm sorry if I offend anyone by posting this...if this thread gets too out of hand I'll be more than willing to delete it.

Oh and I'm convinced that a lot of things kids do is a cry for attention and children shouldn't be drinking or doing drugs but a lot of this stuff is just plain assinine. It's great to be concerned about your kids, that's just good parenting, but I don't think it's at all right to say that expressing oneself is evil or satanic. I also don't think its very fair to accuse your own child of being evil. There is a fine line between overparenting and underparenting however...and getting the right balence I would immagine isn't easy. If I noticed something off with my kids, I'd discuss it with them but I sure wouldn't douse them with holy water (I've actually met someone who's parents did this because of the music they listened to) Now, if consenting adults do these things, is it right to judge and prosicute? I don't think so.

And I want to ask...how many of these things apply (or did apply) to you as a youngster...or apply now? Several of them apply to me.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is Your Child a Goth? Presented by St. Mary's Church

Was Salem Correct?

Listed below are some warning signs to indicate if your child may have gone
    astray from the Lord.

Gothic (or goth) is a very obscure and often dangerous culture that young teenagers are prone to participating in. The gothic culture leads young, susceptible minds into an imagined world of evil,
    darkness, and violence. Please seek immediate attention through counselling,
    prayer, and parental guidance to rid your child of Satan's temptations if five or more of the following are applicable to your child.

-Frequently wears black clothing.
    -Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
    -Wears excessive black eye makeup,lipstick or nail polish.
    -Wears any odd silver jewelry or symbols.
    -Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos.
    -Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson
    claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please
    discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
    -Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.
    -Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible,
    prayer, church or sports.
    -Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult,
    witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
    -Takes drugs.
    -Drinks alcohol.
    -Is suicidal and/or depressed.
    -Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation.(This is a
    Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love.
    Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health
    center.)
    -Complains of boredom.
    -Sleeps too excessively or too little.
    -Is excessively awake during the night.
    -Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
    -Spends large amounts of time alone.
    -Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to
    evil sprits through meditation.)
    -Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
    -Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a
    few examples of this.
    -Misbehaves at school.
    -Misbehaves at home.
    -Eats excessively or too little
    -Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.
    -Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe
    this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be
    stopped immediately.)
    -Watches cable television or any other corrupted media
    sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may
    watch.)
    -Plays videos games that contains violence or role-playing nature.
    -Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
    -Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
    -Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.
    -Expresses an interest in sex.
    -Masturbates.
    -Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
    -Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology,
    Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
    -Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases:
    "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".
    -Claims to be a goth.

If five or more of these apply to your child, please intervene immediately.
    The gothic culture is dangerous and Satan thrives within it. If any of these
    problems persist, enlist your child into your local mental health center. (This last line really bothers me)

So lets see, if you masturbate, watch cabel tv, eat count dracula cereal, wear rock t shirts and your gay then you need an intervention.....hehe sorry but that all has to be a joke.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Hahaha, this almost seems to be a spoof. Some of these "warning signs" are such a joke

-Complains of boredom.
    -Expresses an interest in sex.
    -Masturbates
    -Demands an unusual amount of privacy.

^that describes every teenager I have EVER known!!!

But the best of all of them is...
    -Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.

I agree with you. Most of those don't make you Goth, they make you a teenager. I'm twenty-three and I consider myself goth because of the lifestyle, the arts and the beauty of the supernatural. I'm not a devil-worshipper.

Things like this are just meant to scare people. Talk to your child and find out why they are goth, so to speak. Are they doing it to get your attention? Are they doing it because it's cool? Are they doing it because it just happens to be naturally who they are?

There's nothing satanic about being goth. While, yes, some people who are goth are probably satanic, not everyone is.
    Proud meowmy of Weezie, Eepie, Grey Girl and Neko...or Weezer Peezer, Eepie Peepie, Grey Grey and Neko the Gecko as they are commonly known!

There are hundreds of combinations of five "signs" you can make that have nothing to do with straying from god or being in uncommon mental health. BTW; make sure you know the difference between gothic the religion and goth the teenage fad- there's a big difference.

These all describe me. BTW I love Count Dracula...
    -Frequently wears black clothing. (looks good on me)
    -Wears band and/or rock t-shirts. (go AIC)
    -Wears any odd silver jewelry or symbols. (its artistic)
    -Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically. (I'm no prejudice a--hole)
    -Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult,
    witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan. (when does witchcraft involve satan? we don't believe in satan)
    -Drinks alcohol. (socially)
    -Is suicidal and/or depressed. (depressed, yes)
    -Complains of boredom. (School is boring)
    -Sleeps too excessively or too little. (I need more sleep)
    -Is excessively awake during the night. (as stated above, I'm social)
    -Demands an unusual amount of privacy. (to study)
    -Spends large amounts of time alone. (to relieve stress)
    -Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your chid may speak to
    evil sprits through meditation.) (hahahahah stupidest thing I ever heard)
    -Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult. (Of course)
    -Eats excessively or too little (I'm fat)
    -Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this. (If it were named differently I'd still eat it, its chocolate)
    sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.) (no simpsons?)
    -Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer. (to talk of PT)
    -Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner. (no way!)
    -Expresses an interest in sex. (Dear lord I hope so. This is normal.)
    -Is homosexual and/or bisexual. (well I can't help my unprejudice lovin)
    -Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology,
    Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism. (Christianity is more dangerous. Not to mention it teaches people that there is a chosen race and they can supress everybody else)
    Last edited by IRescue452; 08-29-2005 at 01:27 PM.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

BTW I'm Pagan. I've been so all my life. I am insulted when teenagers use it as a cult or claim to be pagan because they are rebelling when really they know nothing about the religion. Paganism has everything to do with moral living and nothing to do with anti-christ. Pagans do not believe in the devil or satan and we do not subscribe to the concept of absolute evil.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

I wish I could honestly claim that this is some sort of dumb joke. I've seen this published other places before though and actually have had a pamphlet saying something quite similar handed to me because I "Looked like I had lost the Lord"

Thank you for posting IRescue. It irrtates me when people think Paganism = Satanism.

I don't think teenagers are evil.

my husband wears band/rock tshirts and hes a redneck.

I have piercings & tats... and I'm also blonde & have a tan.

I'm usually bored. So are my birds. and my dogs. well the dogs don't count - they like their black spots.

and a child that "eats too much or too little" should be counseled for an eating disorder, not satanism.

this is seriously a joke right? .........

How creaditable can it be when the cereal is count chocula? My daughter went through a phase of the goth thing. Her boyfreind started her in it, He beleived it to be a life style and did beleive he was a vampire but instead of blood he took any kind of drug he could get his hands on. Thankfully she saw it just as a fun thing to dress up and shock people . She has grown out of it and now is married to a different guy.
    I veiw it as a phase a lot od kid try does any one remember bell bottoms in the sixties and resurrerted in the late eighties. Just as some when the drug route did we all "oh He** no"
    as a christain beleiver it really does gripe me when some of the worst churches try to paint a broad brush and play holier than thou, none of us is perfect, why else whould we need God and the princaples for live (not putting down any other faith or beleif I'm glad for those who are stronger than I ) with out a God to lean on I feel very weak.

I think it is a repackaged version of this (I believe it's the originating site) http://www.redmusic.com/goths/warning.html

... and this one explains - Parents'. American. Religious. Organizations. Defending. Youth
    http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/thetraveler/parody.html

Interesting reading on this forum...
    http://forums.christianity.com/html/P1282270

What cracks me up is that they say Philosophy is a cult...

Isn't Christianity a form of Philosophy, techinically?

Again I wish I could say this is a joke, but there are people who siriously BELIEVE this stuff! I lived with a woman who went through this checklist with her kids and was convinced that they were posesed because they wore black clothes.

There are a multitude of intolerant websites that use publications like this as a basis. One website I recall had a statement about a recient fire in a nightclub (I think the band who was playing was Great White, and the club caught fire due to a pyrotechnics failure. Several people were killed). The website claimed that God had punished the people in the club for listening to "devil music" and that every person who was killed deserved to die and go to hell because of it. Then again, this same whacko also claims that 9/11 was Gods punishment to homosexual people.

I'll PM anyone who wants to know what the website is...I sent the webmaster an email long ago. I was in an email flame war with him for at least a month . It ended when he found out I was female and then told me that I should get back in the kitchen...

*Edit* Thanks for posting those links Loud Lou! I kind of figured this started as a joke but as I said...there are people who take this junk siriously.
    Last edited by DJFyrewolf36; 08-29-2005 at 03:05 PM.

Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
    What cracks me up is that they say Philosophy is a cult...

Isn't Christianity a form of Philosophy, techinically?
    now what I think is funny is that people like that preach about gods love and forgiveness, jesus died for the sins of everyone, etc....

and then go on and on and on about the punishments of the lord and creation of hell and satan and sin.

sometimes it seems like they preach more on satan and hell than christ...... whiiiich technically... makes them .... satanists.... hmmm..............

LMBO!!!!!!!!

"Kills people for fun.
    "Hangs out" with new friends.
    Owns more than one cast-iron cauldron
    "Forgets" to do chores... possibly because of drug or alcohol abuse"

those are hilarious, thanks for posting loudlou!!

Some of those were just too funny that I can't believe it's even real.

This one has to be my favorite.
    "-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this."

edit: I read the links that LoudLou provided, I'm glad it's just a joke because honestly I found it funny.
    Last edited by Uabassoon; 08-29-2005 at 07:40 PM.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

again, the web site those evidently come from lists it as a PARODY, not fact.